Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Had a date on Sunday, was a great date, she was lovely and the conversation flowed naturally for 4 hours and easily could of gone on longer if we both didn't have things to do however there was no great spark. We got along great and everything was fine on paper but just no chemistry to take things further.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Maguined wrote: »
    Had a date on Sunday, was a great date, she was lovely and the conversation flowed naturally for 4 hours and easily could of gone on longer if we both didn't have things to do however there was no great spark. We got along great and everything was fine on paper but just no chemistry to take things further.

Aw that's a shame - I had a date exactly the same, was a pity cos he was a lovely guy and on paper we should have made a great couple..but "it" just wasn't there!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

missbelle wrote: »
    Aw that's a shame - I had a date exactly the same, was a pity cos he was a lovely guy and on paper we should have made a great couple..but "it" just wasn't there!! :rolleyes:

I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it is seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Oooh everyone's having great luck with their dates! :)

I had a date Saturday night. Complete disaster. Yer man was a lecherous sleazebag! Couldn't keep his hands to himself, even though I made it perfectly clear I was in no way interested. I ended up having to leave before we'd even finished our second drinks. What a creep! :rolleyes:

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

awec wrote: »
    Ah that sucks chatterpillar :(

Doesn't sound like a classy guy at all.

No, he really wasn't. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Note to self: update profile pics as you have become noticeably more handsome in the last month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Galvasean wrote: »
    Note to self: update profile pics as you have become noticeably more handsome in the last month or so.

why not just do that so

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

GrumPy wrote: »
    I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it is seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.

I got a headache reading that.
    I had a date Saturday night. Complete disaster. Yer man was a lecherous sleazebag! Couldn't keep his hands to himself, even though I made it perfectly clear I was in no way interested. I ended up having to leave before we'd even finished our second drinks. What a creep! :rolleyes:

Oh no. I had that too. My first internet date. Don't let it put you off the dating, I've met some lovely guys since.

• Advertisement

why not just do that so

because then no one would focus on my funky fresh personality! :pac:

Larianne wrote: »

You no like Simpsons? :(

Galvasean wrote: »
    You no like Simpsons? :(

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nope.

3b9f4cf5-burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026.jpg?m=1290643205

Have a date with hot girl #2 from a couple of weeks back Friday night.
    :)

3b9f4cf5-burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026.jpg?m=1290643205

THis is why I'm single, isn't it? ISN'T IT?? :(

G'luck on the date. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Ladies and gents, well ladies particularly;

If things are going well with a guy, when do you usually expect the first kiss on the lips?

End of the second date?
    From what Ive heard, if the guy doesn't make the move by the 3rd date, then its into the dreaded friend zone.

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Lob the gob on date 1, life's too short for kissing politics. :pac:

Defo on the first date. If it doesn't happen on the first date, I would feel he wasn't into me.

Never gotten a second date when there was no kissing on the first personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

One of the questions on OKC, how does the idea of being slapped hard in the face during sex make you feel.
    A) Arroused
    B) Horrified
    C) Nostalgic
    D) Indifferent.

Nostalgic? I can understand A or B, but C or D are pretty weird.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Defo on the first date. If it doesn't happen on the first date, I would feel he wasn't into me.

First date??
    Jesus, i forgot how keen Irish women are these days.
    This will be my second date, she's a chinese-canadian girl
    Its now or never I suppose.
    I kissed her on the cheek at the end of the first which she initiated. I didn't think a kiss on the lips was appropriate then.

fat__tony wrote: »
    First date??
    This will be my second date, she's a chinese-canadian girl
    Its now or never I suppose.
    I kissed her on the cheek at the end of the first which she initiated. I didn't think a kiss on the lips was appropriate then.

If there's chemistry there, why not? Its not the 1950s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

fat__tony wrote: »
    First date??

Why do you sound so horrified?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I would expect/am used to kissing on the first night. I was on a date a few weeks ago and there was no kissing. To be honest, as good looking as she was the vibe wasn't right and I just wasn't interested by the date's end and I'm not interested in seeing her again even though she has asked me when I will be in Dublin again.

I should note she was foreign and not drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Thanks Lari.... me too, I didn't get it :o ...oh wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Sorry to hear about the creep but fingers crossed the next guy treats you with a bit of respect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I would expect/am used to kissing on the first night. I was on a date a few weeks ago and there was no kissing. To be honest, as good looking as she was the vibe wasn't right and I just wasn't interested by the date's end and I'm not interested in seeing her again even though she has asked me when I will be in Dublin again.

I should note she was foreign and not drinking.

I agree, for me if there is no kiss at the end of the first date it is not really a good sign ...

Not sure what her being foreign and not drinking has to do with it though??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

kingtut wrote: »
    Not sure what her being foreign and not drinking has to do with it though??

didn't mean to be hasty in typing that at the end. That was in reference to the poster who was asking when should the first kiss happen. His date was foreign, then another post joking that Irish women are fair keen in that dept.

Drink wise I meant we both weren't langers and for me being the one drinking while she wasn't I felt uneasy, when on a normal date when you meet for drinks both of you typically drink and relax & unwind a little more for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Hi everyone. This article has been published in The Guardian and thought it'd interest you guys and gals...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/06/is-online-dating-destroying-love

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement