Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disable Eircom Phonewatch alarm?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 big baz

Hi Altor, any chance you could help me & tell me how to disconnect an PhoneWatch Simon Alarm System from the telephone line - I'm getting 'Fail-To-Communicate' beeps a couple of times a day? I cancelled my monitoring contract with PhoneWatch & want to use it as a stand alone system but as the system is no longer connected to a telephone line, it irritatingly beeps all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I'm having the exact same issue on a Euro Simon Phonewatch Security System. I would be most grateful for somebody's help to guide me on how to disable this. I did notice Altor, you may have the solution, using an engineers code?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

big baz wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same issue on a Euro Simon Phonewatch Security System. I would be most grateful for somebody's help to guide me on how to disable this. I did notice Altor, you may have the solution, using an engineers code?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Baz,

I have sent you a P.M. re the code.
    If you follow this when you enter the code it will delete the numbers meaning the system will not be trying to ring out.

Drop front lid and enter engineer code.
    System says, please select from start menu.
    Press, delete, option 04 done.
    Press, delete, option 05 done.
    Press, delete, option 06 done.

Close up lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 big baz

Hi Altor,

Thanks very much for your input and help, it certainly is very much appreciated. Got it done and glad to report all is well!

big baz wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

Thanks very much for your input and help, it certainly is very much appreciated. Got it done and glad to report all is well!

Delighted Baz, any other issues let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 melia1

I am having the same problem with a phonewatch system which is no longer monitored. Constant beeping which used to go away if the alarm was set but now is non stop and the alarm won't set. The alarm is a GE installed in 2010 and was monitored until the last owner moved out 10 months ago. Its worked as an non monitored alarm since then until recently. Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

melia1 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem with a phonewatch system which is no longer monitored. Constant beeping which used to go away if the alarm was set but now is non stop and the alarm won't set. The alarm is a GE installed in 2010 and was monitored until the last owner moved out 10 months ago. Its worked as an non monitored alarm since then until recently. Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

Does it say what the problem is?
    The status button should tell you.

altor wrote: »
    Does it say what the problem is?
    The status button should tell you.

Hi Altor
    there are 2 issues phone failure and low battery. Can the auto phone dial up be programmed out? With regards to the battery how do I change it it doesn't seem that obvious as to where the battery is located.
    Thanks
    melia

Hi Altor
    there are 2 issues phone failure and low battery. Can the auto phone dial up be programmed out? With regards to the battery how do I change it it doesn't seem that obvious as to where the battery is located.
    Thanks
    melia

Which system have you installed?

Which system have you installed?

Eircom Phonewatch

This is on the quick guide: 24/48/96 zone wirefree system installed Feb 2010

On the alarm box it says GE

No further information on the box and no manual left by previous owner.
    thanks

Eircom Phonewatch

This is on the quick guide: 24/48/96 zone wirefree system installed Feb 2010

On the alarm box it says GE

No further information on the box and no manual left by previous owner.
    thanks

If the system was left by a previous owner and you don't have the paperwork off the system you may need to contact an engineer to default and set the system back up for you. If there is a domestic dialer then this can be set up to contact your phone. I would also get them to replace the low battery while this is being done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Draculaura

Can anyone help me please?

My house has an eircom phonewatch alarm, currently not being monitored by them as I moved out and it's being rented.

Tenant says the alarm is going off from time to time lately, but yesterday it rang numerous times one after the other!

It goes off when she inputs the code but alarms again later!

She did open the front panel and remove the fuse, but the system is still live.

Is there something else she should be doing to ensure this doesn't happen again?

If I call eircom will they charge to send someone out to look at it/disconnect it?

She says she never uses the alarm, so isn't particularly bothered if it's completely disconnected or not!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need to remove the back up battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

hi, I've also got the Simon PW alarm, just moved to a new place, alarm was installed by the previous owners.

I think it's still monitored, as it doesn't give the message about comms failure... maybe they subscribed a yearly contract, not sure...

The thing is I would like to beef it up, e.g. adding more sensors and having it checked by a security company. I think I can also get it monitored by a different company for 15€/month (saw a couple of them with this price, and only the latest panels from PhoneWatch should be non-transferrable...)

Do you guys think it is a good alarm system? I would like to know what to expect when I talk to some security companies, wouldn't want to fall for what they advertise and would like to know what can be improved on...

For example, does the remote send a signal that can be intercepted, or it is encrypted? does it rely on GSM, landline or what to send comms to PW?
    can the external siren be tampered?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's a very basic system. However, you will get plenty of companies to take it over for monitoring.
    As always shop around and see what different monitoring /maintenance contracts cover. Some companies limit call outs and labour time etc.

robnet77 wrote: »
    hi, I've also got the Simon PW alarm, just moved to a new place, alarm was installed by the previous owners.

I think it's still monitored, as it doesn't give the message about comms failure... maybe they subscribed a yearly contract, not sure...

The thing is I would like to beef it up, e.g. adding more sensors and having it checked by a security company. I think I can also get it monitored by a different company for 15€/month (saw a couple of them with this price, and only the latest panels from PhoneWatch should be non-transferrable...)

Do you guys think it is a good alarm system? I would like to know what to expect when I talk to some security companies, wouldn't want to fall for what they advertise and would like to know what can be improved on...

For example, does the remote send a signal that can be intercepted, or it is encrypted? does it rely on GSM, landline or what to send comms to PW?
    can the external siren be tampered?

Thanks

The Simon can be set up to add up to 24 sensors to the system so in terms of adding sensors to the system that should not be a problem.
    It can also use x-10 for controlling lights.
    The system can also be set up to contact yourself in the event of an alarm activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Hi Altor and others in the know, I need to disconnect my Unmonitored GE Simon 3 as I am getting new windows installed:

I have the previous owners manuals etc but don't see an engineer's code, is there a way to figure this out? I've previously changed settings such as speaker volume just using the normal alarm code.

Also, is it possible for me to remove the window sensor modules and then remount them and reactivate the alarm on the new windows or do I need an electrician and/or new sensors?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry, we are not allowed to help you with the engineer code here.
    You can simply disconnect and remount the sensors on the same windows and they will work.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'm sorry, we are not allowed to help you with the engineer code here.
    You can simply disconnect and remount the sensors on the same windows and they will work.

Sorry, didn't know that, thanks for the reply, stupid question but how do I disconnect the sensors, they feel like they are glued on to the windows?

Prise open the lid with a small flat head screwdriver. Remove lid and sensor head to reveal the 2 fixing screws.
    Same with the magnets.

Prise open the lid with a small flat head screwdriver. Remove lid and sensor head to reveal the 2 fixing screws.
    Same with the magnets.

Great, didn't realise there were screws - and this won't set off some sort of tamper alert or anything, or do I need to kill the power and pop the fuse at the main control panel?

• Advertisement

Opening the sensors should activate a tamper but you can disarm the system with your user code.

Opening the sensors should activate a tamper but you can disarm the system with your user code.

Thanks for all the answers and advice, much appreciated

pm1977x wrote: »
    Great, didn't realise there were screws - and this won't set off some sort of tamper alert or anything, or do I need to kill the power and pop the fuse at the main control panel?

I would drop the front lid on the system and put in your user code before starting. This will stop the tamper condition activating the alarm at all. When you have the sensors all off and closed up then close up the lid.

I would drop the front lid on the system and put in your user code before starting. This will stop the tamper condition activating the alarm at all. When you have the sensors all off and closed up then close up the lid.

Thanks Altor, good to know in advance.

I have 2 further questions if anyone can help... Via a bit of Googling I figured out my engineer's code and checked the panel accepted it this morning, but I don't see anything in the online manual of how to use it, or what extra commands I can access?

Also, anyone know the range of the window modules, could I relocate one to my garage door? (approx 9 meters away from the panel)

Thanks Altor, good to know in advance.

I have 2 further questions if anyone can help... Via a bit of Googling I figured out my engineer's code and checked the panel accepted it this morning, but I don't see anything in the online manual of how to use it, or what extra commands I can access?

Also, anyone know the range of the window modules, could I relocate one to my garage door? (approx 9 meters away from the panel)

The engineer code is used to set up the system. If you ever had a faulty device you would need to get into engineer mode to delete and enroll a new sensor.
    9 Meters from the panel should have no problem.
    If you want to test before fitting go into engineer mode, sensor test, done and activate the sensor before fitting. Anything over 5 will indicate no issues with range.

The engineer code is used to set up the system. If you ever had a faulty device you would need to get into engineer mode to delete and enroll a new sensor.
    9 Meters from the panel should have no problem.
    If you want to test before fitting go into engineer mode, sensor test, done and activate the sensor before fitting. Anything over 5 will indicate no issues with range.

Brilliant, thanks again, would be lost or over an Eircom sized barrel without you guys and your knowledge.

Brilliant, thanks again, would be lost or over an Eircom sized barrel without you guys and your knowledge.

That is no problem, use to install them many moons ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

A lightning strike took mine out.

jelutong wrote: »
    A lightning strike took mine out.

Did it blow the dialer or the whole panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 jmcd104

Hi can anyone help with an engineer code as my eircom phonewatch alarm is beeping continuous.When I press system status it says phone communication failure.

Advertisement