Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I got Diablo 3 when it first came out and worked my way through the game up to about halfway through inferno mode (hardest difficulty?) and then my computer broke and I havnt gone back since. Is there much to be added to the game with this expansion and has it changed much?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hmmm mine say Tuesday 27th,hope I have it by Friday :-/

Double checked and its definitely super saver delivery and delivery estimated thursday. I thought it was going to be next week as well. Might not arrive thursday though. Only thing i can think of i may have done differently is paid in euro instead of sterling but wouldnt have thought that would affect delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Varik

First day playing.

Started on Hard in Hardcore, may increase that as I've never even dropped below 75% and I generally heal faster than I'm hurt.

Had an open game and a few people dropped in, 1 guy was idle for a ages and it seems that's a thing for diablo. He probably shouldn't have been doing it in a dungeon and on Hardcode. Have more yellow than I know what to do with and it's only been a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Picked up one of the few (PS4) copies in Smyth's earlier. Went to play for an hour or so, um lost 4 somewhere there. Loving it. Not sure if my game was open or not but no one dropped in that I could see, and maybe its because I am playing on default difficulty. Brilliant game, think I am going to be having a lot more sleepless nights and cramped arms from holding the controller for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Taltos wrote: »
    Picked up one of the few (PS4) copies in Smyth's earlier. Went to play for an hour or so, um lost 4 somewhere there. Loving it. Not sure if my game was open or not but no one dropped in that I could see, and maybe its because I am playing on default difficulty. Brilliant game, think I am going to be having a lot more sleepless nights and cramped arms from holding the controller for too long.

Default (On xbox at least) is friends only, if you pause the game you will see at the bottom what ever the button is you need to press to change network settings to open to all / invite only etc.

I'm really impressed with how snappy the game is now vs the 360, the load times are essentially zero when you transition areas.

Interesting read here regarding the One version and it's move to 1080p 60 fps to 900p and back to 1080p again http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-talks-xbox-one-diablo-3-1080p/1100-6421806/

I haven't seen any dip in FPS myself as I haven't encountered any area with masses of enemies and aoe spells etc just yet but it will be interesting to see how it holds up in later acts.

Edit: Did nephelim glory drop from the outset in the standard D3 on consoles???? I don't recall that , thought it was more an end game thing????? Maybe they changed it, I definitely don't remember it being there from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

Is this best played multiplayer ?or can it be played through on me own??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

brady12 wrote: »
    Is this best played multiplayer ?or can it be played through on me own??

Originally I played it on my own and really enjoyed it.

Had game to open and I'd have someone join in after a bit, I was in act 1 hard hardcore and on PS4.

Varik wrote: »
    Had game to open and I'd have someone join in after a bit, I was in act 1 hard hardcore and on PS4.

Does changing the difficulty mid game effect the achievements / trophies??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

M!Ck^ wrote: »

You'll get Achievements associated with that difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If I buy this on the US store it will work with the multiplayer and all on my Irish account?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    If I buy this on the US store it will work with the multiplayer and all on my Irish account?

Yeah you can - but characters are saved to set region... ie. - You can't play US chars on EU, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 polarax

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Yeah you can - but characters are saved to set region... ie. - You can't play US chars on EU, and vice versa.
    But will I be able to play perfectly fine on my Irish account if I buy it off the American Psn store?? As I will be saving around €25 buy buying on the american store, if i do buy it I will be doing it this way if it all works!

polarax wrote: »
    But will I be able to play perfectly fine on my Irish account if I buy it off the American Psn store?? As I will be saving around €25 buy buying on the american store, if i do buy it I will be doing it this way if it all works!

Seems to work when it's gifted, take a look here:

www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1y3myg/can_i_purchase_a_copy_of_ros_from_the_us_blizzard/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 polarax

Thanks for that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

BeerWolf wrote: »

Thats the PC version they are talking about but I would imagine its the same as getting it on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Worth getting? Never played any version before. ..

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I don't see any difficulty based trophies on it, there's a few for doing stuff on hardcore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sun structures

Looking at the ultimate evil edition for the xbox360. Is the Single player campaign good?

Fair play Amazon,ordered monday and arrived today:)

Now i just have to find a few hours tonight to give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have Diablo III on the PS4 waiting to play later tonight. I've never played. Diablo game so not sure what to expect exactly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EoinHef wrote: »
    Fair play Amazon,ordered monday and arrived today:)

Now i just have to find a few hours tonight to give it a go

Damn....lucky you :(

Damn....lucky you :(

Couldnt believe when i saw it there this morning,no idea how they did that. Did you order special edition or anything?

I just got normal one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

How much hours would it take on first playthrough to complete?

I have Diablo III on the PS4 waiting to play later tonight. I've never played. Diablo game so not sure what to expect exactly.

Trying to think of recent comparisons on console and cant think of many that would be well known.

Did you play any of the lord of the rings games on PS2? Kinda like that imo. God they were great games in co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Maybe 15-20 hours or so?

But people sink a lot of hours into getting better gear and playing the hardest modes and the likes.

If its you first play through easily 15. - 20 plus hours. I explore everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EoinHef wrote: »
    Couldnt believe when i saw it there this morning,no idea how they did that. Did you order special edition or anything?

I just got normal one

Nope just normal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there any penalty to dying?

I died and there was a few options including returning to a checkpoint or returning to my corpse. I chose to revive at my corpse but couldn't see if I was penalised in any way.

• Advertisement

Is there any penalty to dying?

I died and there was a few options including returning to a checkpoint or returning to my corpse. I chose to revive at my corpse but couldn't see if I was penalised in any way.

If you play on hardcore which has better loot and is needed for the trophies/achivements, when you die that's it and the character is gone along with everything you had on you. On normal I don't think there is anything, maybe wear on your armour.

I've gotten to lvl 19 on expert on hardcore, with only 2 close calls and I got some good gear.

Advertisement