Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

That's way too much effort.....

My rig for launch will be a laptop with a cup of tea and a packet of biscuits on the table next to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

BizzyC wrote: »
    That's way too much effort.....

My rig for launch will be a laptop with a cup of tea and a packet of biscuits on the table next to it....

and a share size bottle of coke for when the tea goes cold because you're just not paying enough to attention to those pesky real world things when you're playing your heart out on hardcore! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's no room on that desk for junk food, so he'll be losing time going back and forth to the fridge.

Amateur :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kudos for the effort, but it's a little OTT alright. Just play the damn game!

I'm torn about whether to get this on launch or not. Still have to get through Batman: Arkham City and a full playthrough of ME3 again before playing something else. That and win a PL title with Liverpool in FM2012. I can do that all in 11 days, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That and win a PL title with Liverpool in FM2012. I can do that all in 11 days, right?

Dont waste your time mate

They patched the game last month as there seemed to be a bug wher Liverpool were being displayed in the top half of the premiership.

The fix just blue screens the game when you are just about to hit 9th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

and a share size bottle of coke for when the tea goes cold because you're just not paying enough to attention to those pesky real world things when you're playing your heart out on hardcore! :D

or 5 bottles of germen beer and a box of salt and vinegar pringles :-D
    TheDoc wrote: »

They patched the game last month as there seemed to be a bug wher Liverpool were being displayed in the top half of the premiership.

very funny ha ha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll play through the game the first time single player, but will go co-op for later runs. Definitely looking forward to the story, as i'm a sucker for a good Blizzard story.

TBH I think their stories are ****e.:P

Not why I play them. It's a testament to the quality of their games that I hold them in the highest regard of any game developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

TheDoc wrote: »

Wanker ;)

I've seen my 12 point lead evaporate to 5 in a handful of games. Stop jinxing it man.

F*ck it, I'm going to get this when it comes out. What's the point of having money and time if you can't enjoy them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gbear wrote: »
    TBH I think their stories are ****e.:P

Not why I play them. It's a testament to the quality of their games that I hold them in the highest regard of any game developer.

To be fair the Diablo story and lore is very good for such a high fantasy setting and combined with their excellent use of FMV it makes for a very satisfying experience.

Granted it doesn't have the depth or emotional attachment you get from the likes of Mass Effect but it hits the right tones and keeps things moving quickly which suits the style of the game perfectly imo. There's also a tonne of lore and history there outside of the games if you want to know more about Sanctuary, the Sin War and the main Angels and Demons involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Blizzard's lore and stories are brilliant imo. Although i haven't really played Starcraft (I have heard the lore behind it is great as well), both Diablo and the Warcraft series have always been full of depth lore wise. Even World of Warcraft endgame was awesome in terms of story telling... at least for an MMO.

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    To be fair the Diablo story and lore is very good for such a high fantasy setting and combined with their excellent use of FMV it makes for a very satisfying experience.

Granted it doesn't have the depth or emotional attachment you get from the likes of Mass Effect but it hits the right tones and keeps things moving quickly which suits the style of the game perfectly imo. There's also a tonne of lore and history there outside of the games if you want to know more about Sanctuary, the Sin War and the main Angels and Demons involved.

In Diablo your character is a nameless observer that doesn't really interact with the story much other than in a very shallow way. That's more of a design choice than a weakness and not really what I was talking about.

In the more involving stories of the SC and WC series (haven't played WoW) the lack of quality of the writing is fairly apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it 15th yet? No? Feck... I am going back to my cave.... Rable rable rable...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Is it 15th yet? No? Feck... I am going back to my cave.... Rable rable rable...

It's May 5th 2013. You are almost a year late. Looks like you over-hibernated.

It's May 5th 2013. You are almost a year late. Looks like you over-hibernated.

What? So PvP is out and the game has been patched 14 times and is now perfect?

YAY!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gbear wrote: »
    What? So PvP is out and the game has been patched 14 times and is now perfect?

YAY!:pac:

Haven't you heard? The Realmoney AH became so powerful it gained awareness and sent out minions to hunt down good honest players who had paid money for items to take them back and sell them to noobs at a fraction of the cost.

It took Diablos soulstone for itself and manifested into a demonic money sucking player eating abomination. It absorbed battle.net, shut down the WoW servers and it captured Deckard Cain and has him up for sale at an unreasonable price.

All hope is lost!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Not long to go now.. D2 was my first ever online game that I dedicated so much time to and is probably my favourite gaming experience along with cs and wow. I have been avoiding reddit etc so that the wait isnt as bad, but I cracked this week and I have been watching/reading everything, on the reddit/forums etc. I just need to decide between Barbarian and Witch Doctor now..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can Mac's play with Pc's ? i assume you can, same server etc

Placebo wrote: »
    can Mac's play with Pc's ? i assume you can, same server etc
    they should.

in WOW macs and PCs working together. we gave a good bit of slag to one of the lads in raids as he always had frame rate issues. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The fire is still falling from the sky :(

Soon my pet, soon we will feed the world to you!!!

• Advertisement

Going to take the Monday-Wednesday off next week. 5 day weekend, with Seinfeld on Sunday, followed by 2 days of Diablo? Awww yeah! :P

if soon means this time next week +2 hours, +2 more hours because the servers are overloaded, +6 more hours because you fell asleep at your keyboard, +4 more hours because when you woke up you had to scrub the ctrl and V imprints from your fingers and when you got back the servers were down for emergency maintenance or some patch or other...

But one can live in hope, and damn you all I'm living in hope that none of the above happens and its a nice smooth launch with lashings of awesome spattered all over it!

if soon means this time next week +2 hours, +2 more hours because the servers are overloaded, +6 more hours because you fell asleep at your keyboard, +4 more hours because when you woke up you had to scrub the ctrl and V imprints from your fingers and when you got back the servers were down for emergency maintenance or some patch or other...

But one can live in hope, and damn you all I'm living in hope that none of the above happens and its a nice smooth launch with lashings of awesome spattered all over it!

Small chances of this happening. Don't compare Diablo 3 to wow, it's not mmorpg. You better off to compare it to Starcraft 2. And sc2 had a good launch.

Domt care about launch night anyway, I am working untill 12:00 on Tuesday and then I am off till Monday like a boss.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some server issues for the 1st few hours tbh. I don't mind that, as long as it is only a short term thing. I'll try and login at midnight, but will not be playing for long that night.

I'll wait till Tuesday morning...probably :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Tom's hardware has the performance benchmarks for Diablo III up. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195.html

No surprises there...pretty much any pc in the last few years will play it pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

my laptop wont be able to play it so I'm gonna have to wait a few years to play it I'd imagine!! tragic stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

this game doesn't look good for the type of frames high end gpu's are getting, but I thought the game had a 120 fps cap anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I have never played any of the games in the series and have no idea what this is going to be like but the game title alone has me looking forward to playing it, "Diablo" pretty cool!

• Advertisement

Gandalph wrote: »
    I have never played any of the games in the series and have no idea what this is going to be like but the game title alone has me looking forward to playing it, "Diablo" pretty cool!

Hope ye like action RPG's then :D

Advertisement