Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any ides on just how large the game world is in this guys?
    I only played D2 recently and havent spent much time on it [far too many games] so ive no idea just how much content we can expect.
    Im hoping and expecting quite a lot of replayability.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd say you'll finish all the acts (of which there are 4), in less then 10 hours - complete guess though, going that the first act in the demo was 90 mins or so

The replayability, is in the randomly generated worlds, and the increasing difficulty on the subsequent playthroughs

/edit actually, the demo may have just been the first half of act 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    I only played D2 recently and havent spent much time on it [far too many games] so ive no idea just how much content we can expect.

It's hard to say how big the game world will be but the devs have stated we will be seeing alot of sanctuary this time around so sounds promising. If it sticks to the D2 formula which it looks like it is there will be 4 acts with 4 major bosses, with alot of lesser bosses in between. I would take a guess and say one playthrough of normal will be about 25 hours.

However regarding replay value, diablo is not exactly like normal games. You have 3 difficulties to get through on your way to 60 and another one for when you hit 60 and only there will you see the best possible loot drop. Diablo is all about character progression through loot, boss runs are very fast and fun. The replay value is honestly infinite. I got years out of D2 like many others and D3 will be bigger in almost every way.

Wossack wrote: »
    I'd say you'll finish all the acts (of which there are 4), in less then 10 hours - complete guess though, going that the first act in the demo was 90 mins or so

The replayability, is in the randomly generated worlds, and the increasing difficulty on the subsequent playthroughs

The demo was D2s equivelant of bloodraven. Not even 25% of act1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »

you cant say about diablo in how many hours of content it has. if you wanted you could go from lvl1 and complete all 5 acts of diablo 2 in less then 30 mins. me and friends were boosting each other like that.

diablo is a game about loot. i have killed act 3 diablo 2 boss maybe 10000 times if not more. some can call it grinding, for me it was a lottery and fun. at some stage you already know what item that is without even indentifying it.

if you are looking for a game to start and finish, then diablo is very bad game. diablo is for loot whores and character builders, mini economy fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

"The fire from the sky still falls
    Diablo III has not yet lauched."

Is that what your getting when you go to install?

Well my game is installed I think. There was a litle bug or somthing when they released launcher and ome people got installed. Its not biggy it was pretty auick.

But thats what shows for me and play button is greyed out

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well my game is installed I think. There was a litle bug or somthing when they released launcher and ome people got installed. Its not biggy it was pretty auick.

But thats what shows for me and play button is greyed out

How big is it? I wonder of it will fit on my ssd.

you cant say about diablo in how many hours of content it has. if you wanted you could go from lvl1 and complete all 5 acts of diablo 2 in less then 30 mins. me and friends were boosting each other like that.QUOTE]

D2 had the cow portal and the boost through the final act to launchyou high level

They confirmed D3 will have no boosting mechanics like 2 and to gain max level will require completing all acts , numerous dungeon runs and farmings.

bu yes Diablo is about loot , getting more loot.

Get your dungeon set
    Get your farming set

Then make them better

Its endless

How big is it? I wonder of it will fit on my ssd.

Cant tell as im not at home this week. It was 11GB I think but thats a wild guess could be bigger.

Looks the sort of game worth throwing on a SSD.

I have to fix my SSD with a firmware upgrade and then will need to plan what to put on. Poor thing is only 60GB.

Windows takes a chunk whilst WoW is 30GB. I might be able to squeeze it on alongside LoL

Cant tell as im not at home this week. It was 11GB I think but thats a wild guess could be bigger.

Looks the sort of game worth throwing on a SSD.

I have to fix my SSD with a firmware upgrade and then will need to plan what to put on. Poor thing is only 60GB.

Windows takes a chunk whilst WoW is 30GB. I might be able to squeeze it on alongside LoL

Mine is 60gb too. I got bf3 + windows on it! :)

I think I still got around 20gb free so I might get away with it so. Prices on ssds are going down very dn rapidly. I will wait untill crucial m4 256gb will be at 200eu mark, which looks like won't be too long to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Mine is 60gb too. I got bf3 + windows on it! :)

I think I still got around 20gb free so I might get away with it so. Prices on ssds are going down very dn rapidly. I will wait untill crucial m4 256gb will be at 200eu mark, which looks like won't be too long to wait.

You should wait for the 1TB OCZ that's coming out.:D

http://www.pcper.com/news/Storage/1TB-OCZ-SSD-Coming-Later-Month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You should wait for the 1TB OCZ that's coming out.:D

http://www.pcper.com/news/Storage/1TB-OCZ-SSD-Coming-Later-Month
    Coming in at an MSRP of $3,238 USD
    :eek:

Have my trusty 10k rpm 160GB that runs all my high end games and OS.:cool:

Check out komplett.
    http://komplett.ie/Komplett/catalog/zkb_01com/12_hdd/73_sdd/default.aspx
    120 GB SSDs for about 130 squidlings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im a complete noob,how does the regenerating worlds work?is it a different world every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

as far as i'm aware it generates the mobs a little differently each time. You might get a pack of champions or elites in act 1 that you've never seen before, or the randomly generated dungeons. You might get a burial pit on one run and not see it in the next one that you do in the same act.

It pretty much guarantees that although you may be traveling the same path - you will have a new experience each time you walk that path.

Im a complete noob,how does the regenerating worlds work?is it a different world every time?

Dungeons and areas are randomly generated. As in the layout changes every time you replay an area. The environment will still look the same but corridors, entry / exit points and boss rooms etc. will dynamically change each time.

Also rare monsters are randomly generated, for example you might run through the catacombs and run into a rare mob thats physical immune and heals but next time you might find a rare mob thats fire resistant and can summon or you might find none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Although blizzard stated that some areas will always be the same. Like the Cathedral in Diablo 2 act 1. And the area in Diablo 3 where you find the Templar.

I was looking at some trailers + artwork last night and i have a little thought on the story line, and i just HAVE to tell someone. Not a spoiler because i dont know if its true or not, but when we all clear the game and its known, just so you all know, i called it!

Ill spoiler tag it regardless.

Looking at the new Diablo design he looks very feminine. Small waist, thin limbs, ect. Well if we look back at the other Diablo games. In each game he possess a hero, both males, and both times Diablo transforms into a massive hulking demon. But this time he isnt massive and hulking. Thats becaaaaaause....
    he possess Leah, Deckard Cains grandchild! Plus the fact that she is doing research on the black soulstone and is having demonic visions and such
    I kinda hope its true, would come as a great shock. Well not for me anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I'd be very disappointed if the beta was all of Act 1. There were only about half the waypoints filled up the destination menu and it was very short.

Although blizzard stated that some areas will always be the same. Like the Cathedral in Diablo 2 act 1. And the area in Diablo 3 where you find the Templar.

I was looking at some trailers + artwork last night and i have a little thought on the story line, and i just HAVE to tell someone. Not a spoiler because i dont know if its true or not, but when we all clear the game and its known, just so you all know, i called it!

Ill spoiler tag it regardless.

Looking at the new Diablo design he looks very feminine. Small waist, thin limbs, ect. Well if we look back at the other Diablo games. In each game he possess a hero, both males, and both times Diablo transforms into a massive hulking demon. But this time he isnt massive and hulking. Thats becaaaaaause....
    he possess Leah, Deckard Cains grandchild! Plus the fact that she is doing research on the black soulstone and is having demonic visions and such
    I kinda hope its true, would come as a great shock. Well not for me anyway :P

Even though this is all purely speculation at the moment I'm 90% sure what's below is correct so if you don't want to know anything about the D3 storyline avoid;
    This is actually the common theory going around at the moment. She was present at the falling star which is central to the return of Diablo it seems. A dark Leah model was found by someone in game and the cinematic where Azmodan is speaking to Leah, it makes sense that he is speaking to the dormant soul of Diablo inside her. The more feminine form of Diablo definitely backs this up so I would say this is right.

Oh and sorry to nit pick Leah isn't Cains granddaughter she's the daughter of Andria the Witch from Diablo1 and granddaughter of King Leoric (The Skeleton King). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd be very disappointed if the beta was all of Act 1. There were only about half the waypoints filled up the destination menu and it was very short.

I've since read, its only half - and from here it might not even be that much! :)

I've since read, its only half - and from here it might not even be that much! :)

They confirmed when beta first launched it was less then 15 percent of the first act.....

Its your first chain quest in the game.

Its a decently long game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

They confirmed when beta first launched it was less then 15 percent of the first act.....

Its a decently long game

And it's not as if it's the kind you only play once.

Jaysus.. how many times did I run through D2? Must've been hundreds over the course of about 6 or 7 years.

Its a decently long game

Yeah I would say around 15% would be right, but i'm guessing the leveling process was sped up for the beta considering you are roughly level 10 killing Leoric after an hour of play. That doesn't add up if it is only 15% of Act1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

depends on the amount of xp required for each level later on, but if that's what blizz said then that's how it'll be

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is there any word on a console port? And also how big is the install?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is there any word on a console port? And also how big is the install?
    I had hoped to never see the 'C' word in a Diablo thread. Sigh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,673 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is there any word on a console port?
    This is the part where I get revenge for Vanquish:

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just wondering, how is this game expected to be a purely a single player experience? Tbh I don't have any huge interest in multiplayer gaming but I thought the demo was interesting.

Well you can play the game solo.The enemy AI and difficulty scales as you add more players and depending on their level

You can start a game as open which means that other players can just jump in and out. Some players light consantly farl a dungeon see your in itand come and help

You can set our game to friends only which means only people on your friend list can join

Or you can join other random peoples games or you can join friends

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll play through the game the first time single player, but will go co-op for later runs. Definitely looking forward to the story, as i'm a sucker for a good Blizzard story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Advertisement