Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Farcheal wrote: »
    I am pretty sure, there being lava and that as a detterent. And speaking with other team mates has informed me they suffered the same.

Stop trying to start a flame war, this isn't the time or place to discuss misgivings and such. I am simply pointing out a pretty big bug which i have screenshots of to prove.

In all fairness, you should have known that a 2 block, 1 high gap can be sprint-jumped over with ease. The lava deterred nobody once people figured out it could be hopped over

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Would you be able to post the screenshots here? I'd like to see exactly what you saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Can i get whitelisted? Username:TheFalv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is removal of "/f home" really needed? It should have a 10 minute cooldown and a requirement that the user not move/be attacked for a few seconds but removal seems a bit much:/

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Its fine the way it is, you cant /f home within 32 blocks of an enemy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Added to Tekkit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Kells97
    On both servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can I get added.

Username: BLOBBY999

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

Has /f home been removed? If so, good!
    Imo it takes away from the game; you could run as far off as you wanted and not have to worry about going caught out as all you needed to do is a command. Plus nobodies bloody bases had any proper way out without having to jump into a pool off water from a diving board :p

Kells97
    On both servers.

Hi Mate Welcome to Tekkit
    blobby360 wrote: »
    Can I get added.

Added to Tekkit :)

• Advertisement

Has /f home been removed? If so, good!
    Imo it takes away from the game; you could run as far off as you wanted and not have to worry about going caught out as all you needed to do is a command. Plus nobodies bloody bases had any proper way out without having to jump into a pool off water from a diving board :p

DreamTeam had many many proper ways out:P

My suggestions would fix this. With a 10 minute cool down you would need an entrance or otherwise you could be stuck outside until the cool down is up which could be bad.

Consider this, You raid a faction but only a single member is there. That is no fun! That member contacts the rest of the faction members who slowly begin returning home and half an hour later they get there, Which by then the raid has ended due to sheer boredom.
    The problem with /f home is not that it teleports you home but rather it can be spammed and as such can be relied on as the only means to return home. Once you remove the ability to spam it and make it harder to teleport away from enemies then you have solved the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

2012-08-06_233420.png

There it is

• Registered Users Posts: 23 niallmcs

I do think you have some good points Completionist, however if a base was to be made from obsidian, and the "/f Home" command was to be removed, it would mean an access point would have to be created. It would also mean, if someone was caught off guards, they may not be simply able to go back to their safe room.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

The invisible character models was also affecting people in the same faction at some stages. Pretty sure there was an invisible creeper at one point as well...... (at least thats my excuse :p)

And I think on the proper server there should be rules about when a raid can happen, like you need to wait for at least two days after a faction has been formed to raid them. Cos the raid on Carlow was pretty unfair and there wasn't even much to take.

And can there be "Neutral" zones? Say NPC villages, temples, spawn, etc. Keeping them as they were in spawn, mainly for other people to find and wander round. I found a temple there recently that was pillaged to no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I can't believe people are complaining about the obsidian! Listen this game is all about being smarter than your opponent. Like yesterday during the raid on DT, we got two of our lads to sneak over and pick members of AWE off. That's the aim of the game. Pick off other teams members until their power is so low that you can claim their land. Then you can go off to their base and break through the obsidian.
    Just giving my 2 cents. Obsidian should remain, tnt should not be able to be used within another members territory, /f home should have a 10minute cool down after every use (If dec can do that)(it should not be removed entirely), dyno map should not show where other people have claimed land (the whole fun of the game is trying to find their base)

EDIT:
    Roorah wrote: »
    And I think on the proper server there should be rules about when a raid can happen, like you need to wait for at least two days after a faction has been formed to raid them. Cos the raid on Carlow was pretty unfair and there wasn't even much to take.

+1

It can ruin a persons experience on the server.

niallmcs wrote: »
    I do think you have some good points Completionist, however if a base was to be made from obsidian, and the "/f Home" command was to be removed, it would mean an access point would have to be created. It would also mean, if someone was caught off guards, they may not be simply able to go back to their safe room.

Right now it is impossible to teleport if an enemy is within 32 blocks, I also suggested that we introduce a a period of waiting from when the /f home command is sent before the player is teleported

Example:

I type /f home - If I move/get attacked within the next 5 seconds I don't teleport. This coupled with a 10 minute cooldown(Both are doable, I have seen it on other servers) will stop /f home from being a retreat option when in danger and stop it being a reliable method of going home.

If there is a cooldown then there needs to be a front door, Or else players are stuck outside their bases until /f home is ready again.

Edit:

Also, Bases should be hard to get into, Like REALLY hard. It should require days of preparation and planning and a flawless effort to even have a chance of taking the enemies main base. You should NOT be able to just walk in or plant a tnt and walk in, Kill the enemy and be gone in 5 minutes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The invisible character models was also affecting people in the same faction at some stages. Pretty sure there was an invisible creeper at one point as well...... (at least thats my excuse :p)

If anyone actually finds a way to exploit invisible skins they'll be permabanned on the spot just like people abusing X-Ray texpacks.

I was there when that happened, and a certain faction was a hair's breadth away from being banned until the launch. Hard-and-fast rules need to be drawn up for this, but if I witness anything like the "raid" (read: ganking) on ITCarlow ever again, the offending faction will be banned in their entirety for a minimum of one week. That ganking session was done for the sole purpose of pissing a new faction off and making them want to leave the server. It was not legit PvP, it was full-on bullying, and comes under not so much the Don't Be A Dick rule as the full-on Griefing and Harassment rules.
    And can there be "Neutral" zones? Say NPC villages, temples, spawn, etc. Keeping them as they were in spawn, mainly for other people to find and wander round. I found a temple there recently that was pillaged to no end.

The reason the test server is such an unmitigated sh!thole is because of the lack of these; in the finished server there will be a neutral haven (with few resources) and faction islands (with more resources and can be raided) as well as a resource-heavy main continent which will basically be a full-on PvP warzone. The lack of resources in the neutral areas and the dangers of the main continent means that anyone wanting PvE will be far better off going over to the Tekkit server (I have no real interest in this server, and will be on it primarily in my Mod role rather than playing it, so to speak).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

First 1.3 recommended build is out. Gonna do some stress testing in a bit and if all goes well we can be live this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

can i get added to the tekkit server please?

username: shinobi2600

Solitaire wrote: »
    I was there when that happened, and a certain faction was a hair's breadth away from being banned until the launch. Hard-and-fast rules need to be drawn up for this, but if I witness anything like the "raid" (read: ganking) on ITCarlow ever again, the offending faction will be banned in their entirety for a minimum of one week. That ganking session was done for the sole purpose of pissing a new faction off and making them want to leave the server. It was not legit PvP, it was full-on bullying, and comes under not so much the Don't Be A Dick rule as the full-on Griefing and Harassment rules.

Is that not a bit much?

It is factions, The entire purpose revolves around killing people, Yes absolutely destroying a new faction was a bit harsh but it is a test server that will be up for a less than a week with only 4 factions, 1 was too dug in and the other was an ally so ITCarlow was the only one open to attack.

They did not declare themselves neutral, They did not ask to be left alone, Instead they formed an alliance with our enemy.

If you were there, And if you thought we were being dicks then why did you not tell us to stop? You can't really justify banning people for rules that have not yet been written.

Also, It is a test server used just for the laugh while the admins test things, People need to lighten up.

• Advertisement

Could I also get Whitelisted for Factions ?

Is that not a bit much?

It is factions, The entire purpose revolves around killing people, Yes absolutely destroying a new faction was a bit harsh but it is a test server that will be up for a less than a week with only 4 factions, 1 was too dug in and the other was an ally so ITCarlow was the only one open to attack.

They did not declare themselves neutral, They did not ask to be left alone, Instead they formed an alliance with our enemy.

If you were there, And if you thought we were being dicks then why did you not tell us to stop? You can't really justify banning people for rules that have not yet been written.

Also, It is a test server used just for the laugh while the admins test things, People need to lighten up.

Have to agree with Buttany on this. I wasn't there to be honest, but if what he is saying here is true then I would have to side with him. I think this was a case of "we were up for it until we lost", much like what we are seeing now with DreamTeam and the loss of their base from last nights raids.
    A lot of their users were hell bent of trying to break into AWE. After the raid, 2-3 users left DT and were looking at joining either MnC or AWE because they like raiding but they "don't like being raided"
    The early raid on ITCarlow was a bit of a low blow but I wouldn't consider it against the rules. Claiming it to be in breach of the "Don't be a dick" rule is pushing it a bit.

It's only a test server. It's good that we are having these discussions.

What are peoples opinion on a max player count per faction? I would suggest no more than 5 users per faction.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Have to agree with cnc on this. I wasn't there to be honest, but if what he is saying here is true then I would have to side with him. I think this was a case of "we were up for it until we lost", much like what we are seeing now with DreamTeam and the loss of their base from last nights raids.
    A lot of their users were hell bent of trying to break into AWE. After the raid, 2-3 users left DT and were looking at joining either MnC or AWE because they like raiding but they "don't like being raided"
    The early raid on ITCarlow was a bit of a low blow but I wouldn't consider it against the rules. Claiming it to be in breach of the "Don't be a dick" rule is pushing it a bit.

It's only a test server. It's good that we are having these discussions.

What are peoples opinion on a max player count per faction? I would suggest no more than 5 users per faction.

I'm on the dream team faction but I don't see the point in doing anything until the test server is finished. I'm just happy running around the place looking at what other people are doing.

When a new faction is set up they should be given a good amount of time before they can be open to attack, if I was new and constantly getting attacked I wouldn't want to be on the server.

can i get added to the tekkit server please?

username: shinobi2600

Added to Tekkit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LESTRANGE

can i get white-listed please :)
    -michaellestrange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Can i whitelisted for both please? Username same as here.

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I'm on the dream team faction but I don't see the point in doing anything until the test server is finished. I'm just happy running around the place looking at what other people are doing.

When a new faction is set up they should be given a good amount of time before they can be open to attack, if I was new and constantly getting attacked I wouldn't want to be on the server.

All they had to do is either complain to a mod/admin or tell the other faction to stop. It also didn't help that they were allied with another faction who were up for attempted raids.

But yes, in principle I agree with you. Provided that it is not abused, I would also like to see either an adjustment to the rules to specify that there is a period of 2 days of grace for new factions or pvp taken down for members of a new faction until the end of the period of grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

gavmcg92 wrote: »

Whats the max number of players on the server? I think we need a good balance between loads of 2 people factions and 1 or 2 Mega factions.

Can I also get Whitelisted for Factions.... Thanks

• Advertisement

LESTRANGE wrote: »
    can i get white-listed please :)
    -michaellestrange
    blobby360 wrote: »
    Can I also get Whitelisted for Factions.... Thanks

Whitelist requests are to be made here

Whats the max number of players on the server? I think we need a good balance between loads of 2 people factions and 1 or 2 Mega factions.

If you look at the link above you can see the whitelist, but more importantly we should be looking at the list of active users.
    I'm not saying that they all have to be factions of 5 but the max number of people a faction can have should be 5. If we have "Mega" factions, they will just dominate the others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement