Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

All's fair in love and war.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazymonky

Hi my name on Minecraft is bernardodivinci. I used to be on the server but had not logged in for a month or so. Could I please be white listed, Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Farcheal wrote: »
    Also, I'd like to vouch for the removal of obisidian.

Obsidian can't be destroyed through any means due to block protection. Its not fair that someone can just fortify their base essentially forever. Tnt cannons are used to blow down base defences in a stalemate however they cannot blow down obsidian.

Tnt cannons in my opinion are perfectly acceptable, you must work to gain the resources to make them, and that's not the easiest or quickest task. These cannons need to be carefully placed to work, for example we had 3 misfires last night.

However, they cannot break the strongest material in the game. This does not mean they demolish forts easily, no they punch a hole in a wall which allows the attackers to enter.

If someone can invest the time it takes to mine obsidian then they deserve the defence it gives.

I am pretty sure the admins said that various items(TNT, Ladders etc) might be placeable within enemy lands when the server goes live for real which means you can blow open the enemy doors, Scale their walls and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 niallmcs

I would agree with your point, so long as the base is able to be penetrated, however, someone could still lock themselves in an obsidian room, and nothing could be done about that, due to block protection.

Comparing TNT and Obsidian is wrong in my view, they are completely different. You can glitch the game to create Obsidian, however this cannot be done with TNT. TNT has a very small life span, and once ignited is gone, it can be destroyed. Obsidian Cannot be destroyed due to block protection within an enemy base.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Whitelist requests go here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056717312

Obsidian is fine. If someone locks themselves in an obsidian room, you can:

-Wait them out
    -Give up
    -Kill their faction members and claim the land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

deconduo wrote: »

Obsidian is fine. If someone locks themselves in an obsidian room, you can:

-Wait them out
    -Give up
    -Kill their faction members and claim the land

What if all their faction members are in said room. Even all online ones?

Don't think you should just be able to hide in a box like.

What if all their faction members are in said room. Even all online ones?

Don't think you should just be able to hide in a box like.

What's the difference between an entire faction hiding in an obsidian room and an entire faction being offline? They can't do anything either way.

What's the difference between an entire faction hiding in an obsidian room and an entire faction being offline? They can't do anything either way.

What I am trying to say is, that in my opinion it kills the spirit of things. It's fun to be in a rush to kill your enemies, claim their land and blow down their walls. However them sitting in a wee box ruins it. Think of it like this, say 7 people raid the base of a faction with 2 members. Those 2 members don't even have to fight them. At the first sign of trouble they can just hide inside their box, screw fighting altogether.

And NOBODY will sit and wait until the people have decided to come out of their hole. chances are the obsidian room is their safe room, with a large stock of food. People will get bored and leave after about half an hour of standing around at nothing.

Think of it like this, say 7 people raid the base of a faction with 2 members. Those 2 members don't even have to fight them. At the first sign of trouble they can just log off, screw fighting altogether.

What's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

So is TNT allowed like mentioned. People were saying that it couldn't be placed in other factions land.

• Advertisement

What's the difference?

Thats not what I said

Thats not what I said

I know, I was trying to point out the difference...

Put it this way?

-You raid faction A. They hide in an obsidian room until you leave. They can't mine/build/raid/etc.

-You raid faction B. They log off. They can't mine/build/raid/etc.

What's the difference between the two scenarios? How is hiding in an obsidian room worse than logging off? Unless you plan to ban people from logging off during raids, I see no reason to ban obsidian.

Hiding within the room increases their power. However being logged off decreases it, therefore there is a difference. If you get stuck, you cannot teleport, due to them being within 32 Blocks. There are differences Dec.

Also I ask, is there an actual need for obsidian. It does not help factions, however draws away from the fun. You yourself were complaining about overpowered items on the tekkit server. In regard to factions, obsidian is overpowered. As when used along with block protection, it cannot move.

niallmcs wrote: »
    Hiding within the room increases their power. However being logged off decreases it, therefore there is a difference. If you get stuck, you cannot teleport, due to them being within 32 Blocks. There are differences Dec.

Also I ask, is there an actual need for obsidian. It does not help factions, however draws away from the fun. You yourself were complaining about overpowered items on the tekkit server. In regard to factions, obsidian is overpowered. As when used along with block protection, it cannot move.

-Being logged on will increase power, but you won't lose power when you are logged off.

-Teleporting will not be allowed anyway.

-Unless you have actually had problems with it, you can't say obsidian is overpowered. It might be, it might not, its way too early to tell.

-If it turns out that it is overpowered we'll deal with it then.

Have you guys edited the plugin?
    I read on the MassiveCraft Guide (People who make the plugin) that:
    Every player has “power”. The power can at most be 10 and at least be -10. If you die you lose 2 power. Note that it doesn’t matter at all how you die. You can be killed by an enemy or drown in sand. In either case you will lose 2 power. The power will be restored over time, but only while the player is online; while offline, their power will not regenerate. It takes 5 min for 1 power to be restored while online. You will also lose 1 power for every 24 hours offline. Note that these values are all just the defaults, and can be changed as desired.
    Source: http://massivecraft.com/plugins/factions

If you guys have edited this, could you please make people aware, because I have not seen this information on this forum.

niallmcs wrote: »
    Have you guys edited the plugin?
    I read on the MassiveCraft Guide (People who make the plugin) that:

If you guys have edited this, could you please make people aware, because I have not seen this information on this forum.

Thats just the default config. For the test server its true, but for the real thing there will be lots of changes. The power loss while offline will almost certainly be one of them.

Thats just the default config. For the test server its true, but for the real thing there will be lots of changes. The power loss while offline will almost certainly be one of them.

Can we get any idea of what these changes will be?

If we can place tnt in faction land, That would be alright :D

Jeez as good as MC is you'd think they'd fix this persistent login issue. It's incompetence at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Jeez as good as MC is you'd think they'd fix this persistent login issue. It's incompetence at this stage.

I didn't know what was happening, i tried to login to play factions. Failed

Right so i'll play tekkit . Failed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

There at it now trying to fix it, shouldnt take long i hope
    Keep yourself busy scrolling this in the mean time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

There at it now trying to fix it, shouldnt take long i hope

I do love the way they jump at the problem, probably dropping everything the're doing just to get us online :D

Edit* WTF is that Killer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

Back up there now lads.

Guys, I've been seeing it a lot now, and it didn't bother me until a raid that is taking place and has highlighted it. But For some reason or other random entities are turning invisible. This includes players and Mobs.

I was standing on the roof of my keep earlier looking about, only to be assailed by a player I could not see and thus could not defend against. This resulted in a bad outcome for my faction due to the ability of this player to get inside our base, and the power lose which resulted.

Guys, I've been seeing it a lot now, and it didn't bother me until a raid that is taking place and has highlighted it. But For some reason or other random entities are turning invisible. This includes players and Mobs.

I was standing on the roof of my keep earlier looking about, only to be assailed by a player I could not see and thus could not defend against. This resulted in a bad outcome for my faction due to the ability of this player to get inside our base, and the power lose which resulted.

Don't worry, we sorted it :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Have to say, everyone else shooting at me could see me just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Good raid eh?

Same time, same place tomorrow?

Yeah?

Grand!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

And you sure it wasnt the cave leading into your base? or the stairs of blocks leading up your walls that made people be able to get inside your base?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Any chance my faction can be a peaceful one?

AirTrade.

• Advertisement

kronnn wrote: »
    And you sure it wasnt the cave leading into your base? or the stairs of blocks leading up your walls that made people be able to get inside your base?

I am pretty sure, there being lava and that as a detterent. And speaking with other team mates has informed me they suffered the same.

Stop trying to start a flame war, this isn't the time or place to discuss misgivings and such. I am simply pointing out a pretty big bug which i have screenshots of to prove.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement