Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

Hey could you add Messiahoren too please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Mikel91 wrote: »
    Hey could you add Messiahoren too please.

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

haven't being able to play in few months due to the passing of my old pc :(
    Back up and running on a new(ish) machine would it be possible to be re white listed name is C_Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

I was banned for a week, I guess it's over a week now. Can I be unbanned please ?

TheAlkaline

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Decided to build wall's around my house today, turned out alright I think.
    2012-06-08_002256.png

Slime farm seems to be doing well as well :D
    2012-06-07_232943.png

As some of you know I do videos on youtube, Dinty was asking me earlier.... Only reason I've stopped is because I'm waiting on a usb/audio adaptor so I can use my headset. Once I get that I'll start uploading again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mattwanted78

mattwanted78 whitelist please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

Kenno90 wrote: »
    How'd the rooms go elect, are they nearly done or is more work needed.

Hi going great, the temp rooms for new players is turning out to be very popular aldo some of the new player have very familiar names ! I guess no one wants to be left out :rolleyes: . 4 rooms available at the mo have materials to make another 2 might do that later.O and posted add for work needs doing on pool materials suppyed in chest beside add,diamond payment the useal .

O and ive fixed the door in cake house who let water into the circuits ?:mad: and player size hole in wall to circuits ?? .also the door in the bee is missing ? can the new players please be carefull and fix all damaged stuff or at lest leave a sign explaning what happed ! or u can talk to blands ban hammer ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'll Give you a hand with all that stuff when I'm on-line, I logged out in the hallway so I'll be spawning there.

Make sure the new players don't stay in those room forever though, Especially if there is a limited number of rooms available, kick them out once they have a few resources :P.

As for people breaking in just to have a look around. We've all done it.
    Its one thing wanting to have a look around but if you don't fix something you broke then that's Griefing (In my eyes anyway)

Bland/Dec Whats the rules with trespassing ? I wanted to show Dpa the big skyscraper but it was blocked off , so we left it

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭billox

can you add billoxk please

also could someone post the IP if its not too much trouble thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 R3laX

Could Mods clarify one thing for me:
    Mob farms are not allowed - what kind of mobs farms? Automatic, where all you do is stand and pick up the loot or any kind, even when I still need to kill mobs myself?

billox, IP is in the first post of this topic.

sorry didnt see it in the big picture straight in front of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Bland/Dec Whats the rules with trespassing ? I wanted to show Dpa the big skyscraper but it was blocked off , so we left it
    Well people lock their doors for a reason. If you have to break through a wall to get into someones house, then you shouldn't be trying to get in.
    billox wrote: »
    can you add billoxk please
    Added. IP is 78.137.161.116. Remember to look at the first post for any details.
    R3laX wrote: »
    Could Mods clarify one thing for me:
    Mob farms are not allowed - what kind of mobs farms? Automatic, where all you do is stand and pick up the loot or any kind, even when I still need to kill mobs myself?
    With very few exceptions, all mob farms aren't allowed. Automatic is a definite no and will get you banned straight away, but so will ones where you have to kill the mobs. This is almost worse since you end up getting tons of experience for doing so.
    Large 'dark rooms' were also banned on a previous map since it's far too easy to kill the mobs, and this is basically a mob farm just without water channels moving mobs to a central location.
    Slime farms are okay, so long as there isn't any automation at all, since slimes only spawn in 1/10 chunks and are otherwise an absolute bitch to get.

If you're thinking of setting something up which you aren't sure about then ask myself, dec or one of the mods and we'll let you know if it's okay or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Well people lock their doors for a reason. If you have to break through a wall to get into someones house, then you shouldn't be trying to get in.

Thanks for cleaning that up , We've all been warned :o

still not added could you try again please... billoxk

still not added could you try again please... billoxk
    Done again.

sorry i know i'm an idiot but it's biloxk not biLLOxk thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Seems to be a griefer going about. Given the problem's Electro and Aodhan have also been having I would like to contribute.

Someone broke into my house (at my tower) and broke the Circuit in my Redstone door. I checked my brother's castle and somebody has messed around with his lava moat and stole some iron fences.

You may say that It doesn't matter if a few fences etc. go missing but somebody has put effort into procuring them and its annoying for someone to simply destroy them. Also my door was quite obviously tampered with in numerous parts of the circuit and then covered up as I discovered to my chargin.

Also to the new players who inhabit Electro's house you can lock your chests by right clicking with a sign on them.

haven't being able to play in few months due to the passing of my old pc frown.gif
    Back up and running on a new(ish) machine would it be possible to be re white listed name is C_Kelly
    mattwanted78 whitelist please!!

sorry i know i'm an idiot but it's biloxk not biLLOxk thanks :D

All done

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

ELISHEBAW - WhiteList please!

• Advertisement

MissMoppet wrote: »
    ELISHEBAW - WhiteList please!

Done :)

With very few exceptions, all mob farms aren't allowed. Automatic is a definite no and will get you banned straight away, but so will ones where you have to kill the mobs. This is almost worse since you end up getting tons of experience for doing so.
    Large 'dark rooms' were also banned on a previous map since it's far too easy to kill the mobs, and this is basically a mob farm just without water channels moving mobs to a central location.
    Slime farms are okay, so long as there isn't any automation at all, since slimes only spawn in 1/10 chunks and are otherwise an absolute bitch to get.

If you're thinking of setting something up which you aren't sure about then ask myself, dec or one of the mods and we'll let you know if it's okay or not.
    If I dig few channels on the ground with water streams, would that lead to ban? :')
    This 'no farm' is not that clear, I was surprised to see lots of 'rooms' with chickens/sheeps/cows(By now I have them myself...), dug into slime farm as well, to me they all are farms, just want to know how flexible the rule is... :)

R3laX wrote: »
    If I dig few channels on the ground with water streams, would that lead to ban? :')
    This 'no farm' is not that clear, I was surprised to see lots of 'rooms' with chickens/sheeps/cows(By now I have them myself...), dug into slime farm as well, to me they all are farms, just want to know how flexible the rule is... :)
    By 'no farms' we generally mean hostile mob farms.
    Seeing as the ability to farm friendly mobs (chickens, cows, pigs, sheep) is actually built into the game, it would seem silly to prevent people from breeding them and keeping them in pens.

Most of this stuff goes on a case-by-case basis, as there is some kind of uncertainty among people as to what this rule means (as you've just shown).

By 'no farms' we generally mean hostile mob farms.

Ok, thank you for clearing that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

deconduo wrote: »
    All done

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Bit of a newb on servers.. Anyone give me a bit of advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Ya, If you see me online don't hesitate to ask me a question or send me a message /m farcheal If you need any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Farcheal wrote: »
    Seems to be a griefer going about. Given the problem's Electro and Aodhan have also been having I would like to contribute.

Someone broke into my house (at my tower) and broke the Circuit in my Redstone door. I checked my brother's castle and somebody has messed around with his lava moat and stole some iron fences.

You may say that It doesn't matter if a few fences etc. go missing but somebody has put effort into procuring them and its annoying for someone to simply destroy them. Also my door was quite obviously tampered with in numerous parts of the circuit and then covered up as I discovered to my chargin.

Also to the new players who inhabit Electro's house you can lock your chests by right clicking with a sign on them.

Electro's and aodhan's problems have been dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Use the minecraft wiki website for all of the advise on the content of the game and don't hesitate to ask questions when you are on the server. Most of us don't bite :P

Depending on your layout "t" is to chat in game and "/msg <username> <message>" is how you send a private message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

is there still a problem with sheep growing back wool?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement