Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All we need is love

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

WindSock wrote: »
    Lub =/= sex

making lub = sex

therefore

sex = lub (x 5) carry the denominator

+

Isoceles triangle

/

Aaaand I don't really know what I am doing here. = sex

Just get yourself one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

He didn't give much love to his son though, did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I would like to dedicate this thread to the 31st anniversary death of John Lennon. I think he spoke so many wise words above love and peace and against war and greed. I think we should strive for the type of world Lennon strove for, one in which material possessions an obsession with work and money fade, and love and harmony take their place. I think we need to stop thinking about our jobs and money and focus on the only thing which is truly important in this world, love. When one receives the gift of love, nothing else matters. Who cares how much money we have when we have an abundance of love, something which those rounded pieces of gold and silver we carry in our pockets can never measure, nor buy.

Love is existence and love is reality, money is the curse of mankind, truly destroying the interdependencies and ability to work together which humanity and Gaia need to enter a better future, one in which we break away from the curse of monetary and corporate slavery.

At least now i know the root cause of your first year Philosophy student rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

He was a pr1ck.
    Stalin was worse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nowhere Boy the biopic paints him to be a bit of a prick really but he did write some classics such as Cold Turkey and Working Class Hero. I remember when he got shot it was a big shock, but couldnt help thinking the direction he was going in the charts at the time was really boring, syrupy AOR rubbish like the Women single.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What the hell is this thread about? Its crap - more of the same usual crap from Ontological Epistemologist.
    All we need of for him once, is just to start a decent thread. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭CuriousOne

At least now i know the root cause of your first year Philosophy student rubbish.

Where's the logic in that?

Biggins wrote: »
    What the hell is this thread about? Its crap - more of the same usual crap from Ontological Epistemologist.
    All we need of for him once, is just to start a decent thread. End of story.

I thought it was good, albeit, a little over the top on the love stuff.

I like him - he's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Am I the only one when told this news 31 year ago went

WHO

The mother was not impressed

Am I the only one when told this news 31 year ago went

WHO

The mother was not impressed

And I thought I was old!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I would like to dedicate this thread to the 31st anniversary death of John Lennon. I think he spoke so many wise words above love and peace and against war and greed. I think we should strive for the type of world Lennon strove for, one in which material possessions an obsession with work and money fade, and love and harmony take their place. I think we need to stop thinking about our jobs and money and focus on the only thing which is truly important in this world, love. When one receives the gift of love, nothing else matters. Who cares how much money we have when we have an abundance of love, something which those rounded pieces of gold and silver we carry in our pockets can never measure, nor buy.

Love is existence and love is reality, money is the curse of mankind, truly destroying the interdependencies and ability to work together which humanity and Gaia need to enter a better future, one in which we break away from the curse of monetary and corporate slavery.

he was an abusive dickhead and his music was shíte

he was an abusive dickhead and his music was shíte

Speaking as a close personal friend no doubt.

Anyway, I think the OP was trying to encourage discussion on his last paragraph, which, I for one, would agree with entirely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

CuriousOne wrote: »
    ...I think the OP was trying to encourage discussion on his last paragraph, which, I for one, would agree with entirely.

There is a philosophy, etc section around here for that stuff but the OP has been told this repeatedly by Mods, chooses to ignore them and still post this type of crap in here.

If the OP wanted a decent discussion, he would be serious and post it elsewhere!
    He don't so I suspect he isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Anyway, I think the OP was trying to encourage discussion on his last paragraph, which, I for one, would agree with entirely.

What do you mean love is existence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

not of him, i knew his ex though

Snakeblood wrote: »
    What do you mean love is existence?

Just that things could be much better when even hearing the word *love* - people's stomachs wouldn't turn in revulsion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp

cosmicfart wrote: »
    number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp number 8 burp

Number 8 8 burp is really a fart

Numerical spaghetti indigestion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The man preached about love after abandoning his son. Hypocrite.

• Advertisement

Number 8 8 burp is really a fart

How cosmic!

How cosmic!

hence the big bang, the cosmic fart which is still lingering

Residual echo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I like John Lennon but he didnt half talk a load of bollix.
    He did and that was even before his over indulgence in LSD, which made him spout even more bollix however I'll forgive him because he wrote and sang Nowhere Man as well as loads of others great songs .
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    He should have used Yoko as a human shield.
    Or at least forked out for a bodyguard
    gavredking wrote: »
    Pfffft Paul McCartney FTW!!!
    After 40 odd years of listening to hs stuff I'm finally going to see him in concert at the Echo Arena, Liverpool in two weeks time ;)
    genericguy wrote: »
    He didn't give much love to his son though, did he?
    Crazy to think that his son Juilian had to go to auction and bid on his fathers clothes but I don't think he'll be hitting poverty street any time soon either .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Curious One and Op are too closely aligned for them to be normal. I smell a rat. I believe there may be a breakout of assorted sign-ins syndrome.

Curious One and Op are too closely aligned for them to be normal. I smell a rat. I believe there may be a breakout of assorted sign-ins syndrome.

Feel free to report and check out Kojak.

And the name's CuriousOne.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Skid wrote: »
    The man preached about love after abandoning his son. Hypocrite.
    True enough. McCartney was more of a father to him even though he wasn't his kid. Even wrote Hey Jude for/about him. I remember seeing an interview with Julian Lennon and he mentioned that there were many more pictures of him and McCartney playing together than of him with his dad. Lennon was a bit of a typical post war kid who turned into a hippie. Too eager to remove the nastiness of his past when he found Peace maaan. I always found him dishonest in that way. Imagine sums it up.

Musically he was very bloody gifted, as was McCartney, though IMHO they would have been much less of a success if they hadn't met each other. John would have been some low level folk singer and Paul would have ended up writing musicals. If they were lucky.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I agree with someone who has an alternative view - I'm a sock-puppet.

I present an alternative view - I'm a troll.

Just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

John Lennon, when asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, replied, "He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles!"

:cool:

I always thought John was a complete prick for making a remark like that. Seriously, FU for that nasty comment John.

Another one of his "before Elvis, there was nothing"
    After that one, I couldnt take him seriously anymore. He wrote some good tunes, but what a tit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

foxyboxer wrote: »
    “Human beings are not that nice. You don’t want to have to rely upon them for survival in your old age. You want to rely on money. Money is sometimes cruel, sometimes nice, but don’t try to rely on people. Rely on what you’ve got saved up.”

Ben Stein.

Advertisement