Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All we need is love

Options
  • 08-12-2011 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I would like to dedicate this thread to the 31st anniversary death of John Lennon. I think he spoke so many wise words above love and peace and against war and greed. I think we should strive for the type of world Lennon strove for, one in which material possessions an obsession with work and money fade, and love and harmony take their place. I think we need to stop thinking about our jobs and money and focus on the only thing which is truly important in this world, love. When one receives the gift of love, nothing else matters. Who cares how much money we have when we have an abundance of love, something which those rounded pieces of gold and silver we carry in our pockets can never measure, nor buy.

Love is existence and love is reality, money is the curse of mankind, truly destroying the interdependencies and ability to work together which humanity and Gaia need to enter a better future, one in which we break away from the curse of monetary and corporate slavery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I would like to dedicate this thread to the 31stt anniversary death of John Lennon. I think he spoke so many wise words above love and peace and against war and greed. I think we should strive for the type of world Lennon strove for, one in which material possessions an obsession with work and money fade, and love and harmony take their place. I think we need to stop thinking about our jobs and money and focus on the only thing which is truly important in this world, love. When one receives the gift of love, nothing else matters. Who cares how much money we have when we have an abundance of love, something which those rounded pieces of gold and silver we carry in our pockets can never measure, nor buy.

Love is existence and love is reality, money is the curse of mankind, truly destroying the interdependencies and ability to work together which humanity and Gaia need to enter a better future, one in which we break away from the curse of monetary and corporate slavery.

I like to think if he hadn't been shot, he'd had died of shame after realising how godawful Imagine is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I would like to dedicate this thread to the 31stt anniversary death of multi-millionaire John Lennon. I think he spoke so many wise words above love and peace and against war and greed. I think we should strive for the type of world Lennon strove for, one in which material possessions an obsession with work and money fade, and love and harmony take their place. I think we need to stop thinking about our jobs and money and focus on the only thing which is truly important in this world, love. When one receives the gift of love, nothing else matters. Who cares how much money we have when we have an abundance of love, something which those rounded pieces of gold and silver we carry in our pockets can never measure, nor buy.

Fixed that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thanks for informing us.

...Now back to our usual broadcast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Whos Gaia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Whos Gaia?

Mother Earth.

• Advertisement

Whos Gaia?

Used to bang Captain Planet I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Your threads are awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

“Human beings are not that nice. You don’t want to have to rely upon them for survival in your old age. You want to rely on money. Money is sometimes cruel, sometimes nice, but don’t try to rely on people. Rely on what you’ve got saved up.”

Ben Stein.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I would like to dedicate this thread to the 31stt anniversary death of John Lennon. I think he spoke so many wise words above love and peace and against war and greed. I think we should strive for the type of world Lennon strove for, one in which material possessions an obsession with work and money fade, and love and harmony take their place. I think we need to stop thinking about our jobs and money and focus on the only thing which is truly important in this world, love. When one receives the gift of love, nothing else matters. Who cares how much money we have when we have an abundance of love, something which those rounded pieces of gold and silver we carry in our pockets can never measure, nor buy.

One of Ford's better cars it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I like John Lennon but he didnt half talk a load of bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Love doesn't pay my bills or food to keep me alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

I would like to dedicate this thread to the 31st anniversary death of John Lennon. I think he spoke so many wise words above love and peace and against war and greed. I think we should strive for the type of world Lennon strove for, one in which material possessions an obsession with work and money fade, and love and harmony take their place. I think we need to stop thinking about our jobs and money and focus on the only thing which is truly important in this world, love. When one receives the gift of love, nothing else matters. Who cares how much money we have when we have an abundance of love, something which those rounded pieces of gold and silver we carry in our pockets can never measure, nor buy.

It's attitudes like this that have the country in the state that it's in.

If anything we need LESS love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

He was my fourth favourite Beatle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

John Lennon, when asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, replied, "He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles!"

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Love doesn't pay my bills or food to keep me alive.

With a shorter skirt and a corner to stand on it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭CuriousOne

Unfortunately, the longer one lives in this present paradigm the less you love.

The only intelligent response to present day life is a deepening, yet unexpressed, anger.

Smiley happy faces are for the 90's and we had our chance back then.

Love the username.

Finally, an interesting thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He should have used Yoko as a human shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Whos Gaia?
    Obviously..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Would ye ever go and sh!te ya big fecking wufty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

CuriousOne wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the longer one lives in this present paradigm the less you love.

The only intelligent response to present day life is a deepening, yet unexpressed, anger.

Smiley happy faces are for the 90's and we had our chance back then.

Love the username.

Finally, an interesting thread!

I think it's Boreds.ie you're after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pfffft Paul McCartney FTW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    It's attitudes like this that have the country in the state that it's in.

If anything we need LESS love.

I hope you're writing this line tongue in cheek? If I hear or see this line again I'll go spare.

Anyway, I'd say the OP is broke:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Love doesn't keep me warm at night and whisper 'I love you' when I am down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

WindSock wrote: »

See here.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think it's Boreds.ie you're after.

I guess it depends on the contributions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

John Lennon was a wife beater and a general cutn of a family man, but all he needed was love, and respect and some people to be selfish towards also to vent his frustrations.

He was just a jealous guy.

I'm sure Ontological Epistemologist could help you out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

In other news it is also the 31st anniversary of the failed assassination attempt on Yoko Ono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Seachmall wrote: »
    See here.

Lub =/= sex

making lub = sex

therefore

sex = lub (x 5) carry the denominator

+

Isoceles triangle

/

Aaaand I don't really know what I am doing here. = sex

• Advertisement

Lub =/= sex

making lub = sex

therefore

sex = lub (x 5) carry the denominator

+

Isoceles triangle

/

Aaaand I don't really know what I am doing here. = sex

It looks like the makin's of a sextriangle.

The best triangle.

Advertisement