Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would Like To Know

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How can you only buy food and alcohol :confused: What about your personal hygiene?
    Do you not use shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, razors, shaving foam, toilet roll, washing powder, washing up liquid, bleach/cleaning products etc. Those things are just the essentials too (and don't forget the plink plink fizz for your hangovers :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

After getting my grant cut by 2000, with no change in my income, I've been eating one meal a day about 3 days a week and can see my own breath in my apartment because I can't afford heating. I cannot survive anymore cuts to the little I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Maybe those arguing that the dole is only sufficient should try being disabled?...

Hope you're happy that it's been kept the same and the weaker in society targeted instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Yeah that's right, blame other struggling people, that makes perfect sense...

Yeah that's right, blame other struggling people, that makes perfect sense...

It's all relative... And 'struggling people' as has been evidenced by posts in this thread is a generalisation for the case of those on the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

MrThrifty wrote: »
    It's all relative... And 'struggling people' as has been evidenced by posts in this thread is a generalisation for the case of those on the dole.

You're the one who brought up "only sufficient", you're the one who addressed your outburst to those people alone.

As has been said before, the dole has to catch everyone who needs it, some people have a spare eighty quid from it, some are nearly on the street, are you advocating that the most comfortable should be struggling and the currently struggling completely screwed?

You're the one who brought up "only sufficient", you're the one who addressed your outburst to those people alone.

As has been said before, the dole has to catch everyone who needs it, some people have a spare eighty quid from it, some are nearly on the street, are you advocating that the most comfortable should be struggling and the currently struggling completely screwed?

? Do you not see the flaw in your argument?!...

That aside, you do realise that the most comfortable folk would hardly be suddenly struggling if 8 euro were taken off the payment. Just to put this in context, that's €8 times 52 weeks times half a mill people approx = 100s of millions savings...

From what I can see, from the top down, it's clearly everyone for themselves these days...

Advertisement