Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 - How was it for you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Started out well, but turned into a cavalcade of crap. Hope 2012 is a better year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Very mixed year for me to be honest, some of it good some of it bad. First half of it was a bit awful to be honest.

Second half of it not too bad. Only in the second half has there been anything eventful in the happy and good sense for me I suppose. Things are only starting to fall into place in my life and have kinda found myself but at the same time still searching for a job and hopefully pass my driving test in the new year!

Roll on 2012, looking forward to achieving my goals, new opportunities, being successful and hoping all my wishes come true! Life for me hopefully will improve for the better in the New Year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My best year yet. Worked hard and made my little business do well, became godmother to my gorgeous cousin, got engaged, had 3 brilliant holidays, realised who my friends are and ate lots of desserts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

2011 was a bit all over the place

Bad

1. I had to deal with the loss of a beloved pet :(
    2. Had a cancer scare in the Family
    3. Had a friend betray me
    4. Got a cyst in my eye
    5. Sisters Family was almost ripped apart by spiteful rumours
    6. My appliances all decided to fail this year and have spent 1500 on repairs/replacments this year

Good

1.Cyst is being removed next week :)
    2.Sisters family have pushed past the lies and we are all getting together for a wonderful family christmas
    3 Reliased I have a lot to be thankful for. there are worse off people than me
    4. My mother in law has turned out to be a life saver:)
    5. We are adopting a cat who needs a home just after christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

gigino wrote: »
    what do you think of the Irish public sector, where average pay has been reduced to only 48,000 euro a year ?

Here pal you're full of bollox my ma works there and she makes nothing like that so stop trying to big yourself up by saying they all make that, ya haven't a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Hoping 2012 is better than the last two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

2011 has been great for me. Paid off all my loans xmas 2010 so I've saved a good bit of money in 2011. Moved abroad in August, which has worked out well so far. Made plenty of new friends, kept all my old ones. Had a great year with the ladies (should be top of the list). All in all, a great year and I'm looking forward to 2012 :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Great four months, the rest was a write-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Moved abroad in August,

Made plenty of new friends,

kept all my old ones.

Had a great year with the ladies (should be top of the list). All in all, a great year and I'm looking forward to 2012 :D

ruth???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I slept through mine, oh, I found out what the word misanthropist means.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I'd give it a 7 out of 10, it was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

ruth???

Yes honey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I feel like it's flown by.moved to dublin,made some good friends,some bad things but some really good things too. 2011 was a completely single year for me,an odd experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I think someone's fu*king with us.. that couldn't have been near a year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I can't complain but I hope 2012 is more exciting!

Great year.

Advertisement