Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 - How was it for you?

Options
  • 03-12-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I think we are all agreed that 2011 was a mixed year for Ireland but how was it for you personally however?

For me, it was a good year - I seemed to get to know myself much better, I achieved many of the things I set out to do and I met some lovely new people some of whom have become friends, including some of you who frequent this joint. I developed professionally and what I can old describe as semi-professionally and have been blessed that my family and friends seem to be as happy as I am.

Hopefully 2012 will be as good :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It was the beginning of a premature mid-life crisis that will no doubt end in a rapid deterioration into hookers and cocaine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ah come on, lets do this in 4 weeks maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Morgan Freeman

Much like every other year.

A year older, a year wiser.

I've seen many years come and go and at this stage in my life they're nothing but a date on the calender.

I remember 1968, oil prices rock bottom and I drove a beautiful Ford Mustang, guzzling fuel, not a care in the world.

You see folks, I've had the greatest years, unfortunately thing are getting worse. Reliance on technology and the internet. What ever happened to picnics in the prairies of Kansas, not a care in the world. Just me and the Earth.

Another date on the calender my friends, just a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

It had its moments, it just went to quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I've been drinking more than ever so it's ****ing great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

It went so fast I'm still reeling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

2011 was pretty good for me, thanks. I was waiting for the Premiership to start on RTE2 at 2030 so I could see Arsenal's 4 goals, so I was happy enough and didn't have long to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

awful! cannot wait for 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

A year of Annus Horribilis, feck you 2011, good riddance to bad rubbish! Bring on 2012, looking forward to when the world ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

became a dad in october so best year ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

A year older, a year wiser.
    like the rest of the western world, another year older, another year deeper in debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

mostly great.....mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

For a variety of reasons, it's been pretty pooh....but I realize that things could always be worse. Still..roll on 2012 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Twas a good year. Stilll have a job so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It was good. Packers went the entire year unbeaten. Stoke reached the FA cup final and qualified for the Europa League last 32. Dublin won the National Hurling league and the Football championship.

But I fell asleep and missed the last 4 weeks of it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I have a thing against odd years for some reason.

Give me an 02, 04 or 08 and I'm happy

Hate odd years for some really weird reason :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Dunno yet, its not over, might win the lotto yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

it had it's up's and down's like every year but sure life is what we make of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It was great I feed a Kitten to a Python and put it on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

344 days of waiting for new years eve...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Cicero wrote: »
    344 days of waiting for new years eve...

I know Mistletoe and drunken wimmens on NYE is something ain't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

First 3 months were crap, then it got worse for the next 3. Went downhill after that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm happy thread is it? Okay I'll play.

What you're saying is 'tell me your misery stories so I can feel even happier even though my happiness is so brittle that I must profess it on a website at 0:30 on a Sunday morning'?

Happiness is fragile. One day you're chewing on a steak with the world at your feet... then next your dead meat.

Take it from me. I've been killed in both World wars and lived to tell the tale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The insanest roller coaster ever. It's surreal living a life where one part of it is completely perfect, and the other a never ending misery. I so often say to people I live in a purgatory, because I'm somewhere there between.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

It was ****e in parts. Sometimes slept too much, more often slept too little. Going to end it well and sort my life out for 2012 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Not my worst year but far from the best, January to March were great but it went downhill then recovering in July and all was going smashingly until Kerry lost the All-Ireland and it was really crap until about two weeks ago so I'd say I had 7 good months out of 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Shyte but good for personal development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Profitable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Worst year to date, toughest anyhow...but I made the most of it.

Advertisement