Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 - How was it for you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

justryan wrote: »
    Profitable
    jaysus, you are not after retiring from the public service are ye ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Toughest year of my life.

Roll on 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not too good at all, very bad if I'm honest, 2012 is going to be better, it has to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Finger's still crossed I'll scoop the euromillions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Kiera wrote: »
    Ah come on, lets do this in 4 weeks maybe?

I don't think another 4 weeks is going to change 2011 from being sh1te, in fact I'm going to predict that 2012 is also going to be sh1te.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Pretty cracking year for me.

I overcame my bout of depression, graduated, moved out of home, moved to a new country, got my first proper job and I'm financially independent for the first time in my life.

A few small blips along the way but nothing to take away from it being a great year. Here's to more in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I don't think another 4 weeks is going to change 2011 from being sh1te, in fact I'm going to predict that 2012 is also going to be sh1te.:(

You could win the lotto in the next 4 weeks or have your cherry popped.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Toughest year of my life.

Roll on 2012.

Pretty much this for various reasons. But as someone else said, things can always get worse. We have to be very mindful of our perspective on things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

2011, a year of surprises, finding out how people actually are, weeding out the shams/liars/wastes of life, finding out the truth on everything, broken up with by the love of my life, and the rest of the year spent getting over it with great nights out/gigs etc, might have a bit more to go though methinks :(
    the worst/hard year ive had so far, heres to a fresh start/newness in 2012

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I spent half of 2010 and up until September this year unemployed so it was a bit crappy to be honest............

Just gonna write that year off and have a better 2012 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Initially was pretty lousy.. first time ever out of work, money worries... but it has turned around. Am doing a great new internship and learning loads, have still got my great friends and healthwise am good (touch wood).

I have had up and down moments but overall I am good in the hood. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Worst year of my life without a doubt so I welcome 2012 cause as Gary once sang. Things can only get better. Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Mostly crapola, but with a vague mention of full time employment late next year.Returned to college and am happily surprised how well its going and I,ve a new niece too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Hmm, pretty sh*t: made redundant; unemployed for six months; took unpaid position to boost my CV.

Good points: went back to college; have more money now than I ever did in my life; no year could ever top the previous year for unbelievable sh*tness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Decent year, kept my business open and successful. Developed myself personally and have learned how to reflect on situations and life better.
    Bring on 2012: have a lot planned including setting up 2 more businesses and staying away from negative people. Onwards and upwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

d-gal wrote: »
    Decent year, kept my business open and successful. Developed myself personally and have learned how to reflect on situations and life better.
    Bring on 2012: have a lot planned including setting up 2 more businesses and staying away from negative people. Onwards and upwards!

You'll be leaving AH then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Crap. No work, no girlfriend, no money, friends deserted me, suffered from depression, failed college. F**k 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

DB21 wrote: »
    Crap. No work, no girlfriend, no money, friends deserted me, suffered from depression, failed college. F**k 2011.

Keep the head up, I felt like this for the best part of 5 years but with a little effort and one day at a time things have got much better. I learned to live life simply and it is a amazing the joy the small things can bring.
    Negativity pushes people away. True friends are hard to come by.Try and see the positive.

Hope 2012 goes well for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Twas alright....not phenomenally great or anything but touch wood, nothing absolutely tragic or awful happened in the past 11 months. It was no 2005 though. And I fell in love and the person loves me back, which, of course, is always deadly.

It bloody flew by though at a ridiculous rate. I don't feckin' like that one bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I'd describe my 2011 as meh. Good in parts but it never got bad or really great.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Pretty good, graduated, kicked my depression, and got the job of my dreams. Roll on 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Met a girl, feel unlicensed, got a law degree came to oz, broke up and now it sucks :( stupid women

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Full of changes. Moved in with my Girlfriend in Cork in January (from Dublin), unemployed the whole time and couldn't find work, then in September I moved to Cardiff for uni, staying in a LDR with the missus, and got a job within a week of coming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Kiera wrote: »
    You could have your cherry popped again.....

PM sent.

ps. I'll tell the missus that you're doing market research.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

It was great I feed a Kitten to a Python and put it on youtube.

I put my cat in my wheely-bin

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

7.5/10

B

A lot more to improve on but mostly positive,small things leading to big things an all that.If only they bottled patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

For me it was an okay year. Work suck, pay is bad(uk public sector) but managed to get a sun holiday and visit home at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Alessandra wrote: »
    For me it was an okay year. Work suck, pay is bad(uk public sector) but managed to get a sun holiday and visit home at least.
    what do you think of the Irish public sector, where average pay has been reduced to only 48,000 euro a year ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It had some good moments but had quite a few bad events as well. Roll on 2012 fingers crossed it will be good.

Advertisement