Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW REPORTS ONLY - December 4 - 6th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Just got a call from a work collegue in Slane, Heavy snow for 30+ mins now.
    The same cloud is heading directly for Balbriggan according to www.raintoday.co.uk

Seems to be dying out now. Surprised it even made it this far south and east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Any precipitation will fizzle out before it reaches the Dublin border. The big blue blob over Meath just disappeared :( Ah well, hopefully some tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Major

jimmynokia wrote: »
    is your camera broke

Any reason why I was singled out for your smart arse reply , seeing as there were several other posters who reported snow and didn't post photos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Snowed here in the South Laois border this evening around 6.30PM, stopped now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

The Major wrote: »
    Any reason why I was singled out for your smart arse reply , seeing as there were several other posters who reported snow and didn't post photos

The user has been warned. Pictures are a great bonus but this is a REPORTS thread so they are definitely not essential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Another medium to heavy snow shower its sticking on the grass in the fields alright, but roads are clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

as above snowing in monaghan town starting to stick

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

snow lodgeing here .. cars an everythining are white already...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

NIALL D wrote: »
    heavy snow here where i am in tipp,..........:) at last
    Anywhere near Newport?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I can confirm some snow grains on our car, but ye need good eyesight to make em out! Heavy snow shower dissapeared as it appraoched Dunshaughlin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

trogdor wrote: »
    The user has been warned. Pictures are a great bonus but this is a REPORTS thread so they are definitely not essential.

YEAH I got an infraction for asking a civil question
    and as i pointed out the the mod the camera does not lie whereas some people do here.

and i have suggested photos twice already no offence btw.

So would a pic not be a better verification and add that much more to the thread as some have already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

and as i pointed out the the mod the camera does not lie whereas some people do here.

So would a pic not be a better verification and add that much more to the thread as some have already?

Jimmy, its snowing in Cavan, roiiiiight!

As i've said to you already, not everyone has a camera to hand and even if they do they may not feel like going to the effort of taking pictures and uploading them here. The reports which are posted here are very valuable in marginal situations like these to see what type of precipitation is falling and where it's falling. Users are not required to provide photographic evidence to back up their reports. If people feel like wasting their time making up false reports they are usually very easily identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 butterfly3

I was just wondering if posters with reports could say where they???? Thanks it would be a great help for people only logging on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

snow has arrived in north meath, about 6 miles north of slane, rathkenny area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

No snow here... but very windy, some very strong squalls, if it does snow there could be mini blizzards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

trogdor wrote: »
    As i've said to you already, not everyone has a camera to hand and even if they do they may not feel like going to the effort of taking pictures and uploading them here. The reports which are posted here are very valuable in marginal situations like these to see what type of precipitation is falling and where it's falling. Users are not required to provide photographic evidence to back up their reports. If people feel like wasting their time making up false reports they are usually very easily identified.

Surely everyone has a phone?

Not all phones have cameras. Mine dosent.:D

Surely everyone has a phone?
    I'd say most people do, but that's not very relevant. They may not feel like taking and uploading pictures and are certainly not required to do so. Most pictures taken at the moment especially in places where it's snowing and not sticking would only yield blackness and no sign of anything anyway.

Back on topic now please as this thread is for reports and not discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Snowing and sticking a few metres above sea level on the Donegal coast :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

just had a snow shower for about 30mins there. left a covering of slushy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

NIALL D wrote: »
    snow lodgeing here .. cars an everythining are white already...

:eek: Are you sure you're not looking at photos of last winter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

butterfly3 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if posters with reports could say where they???? Thanks it would be a great help for people only logging on

most reporters have their location showing under their boards username :)

( not all i know, but most :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Jake1 wrote: »
    Not all phones have cameras. Mine dosent.:D

mine has a camera, but no internet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

75 asl North Leitirm
    Hail showers on and off here today.... nothing much lying..... Temps low enough at the moment but up a degree or so from earlier today. 3.6c with Dew point -0.3c . Gusty too, the sky is clear in patches with occasional clouds passing at speed... cold night out there... and two of my favourite lamp-posts are not working!!:mad:

****Snowdance*****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

eskimocat wrote: »
    75 asl North Leitirm
    Hail showers on and off here today.... nothing much lying..... Temps low enough at the moment but up a degree or so from earlier today. 3.6c with Dew point -0.3c . Gusty too, the sky is clear in patches with occasional clouds passing at speed... cold night out there... and two of my favourite lamp-posts are not working!!:mad:

****Snowdance*****

75 feet barely above sea level . . and wishing for 175 feet wouldn't help you all that much either! 175m maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

First flurry of snow in the West of County Carlow on the hills earlier at about 7pm and snow reported in the areas around Kilkenny City but none in the city itself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Snowing in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Pangea wrote: »
    :eek: Are you sure you're not looking at photos of last winter :pac:

lol no..

its jus goin to slush on the ground , but its wet snow not the dry powdery type stuff !!!!!
    stickin on the cars and the grass an that..;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

After some hail and some false starts....finally snowing in Letterkenny!:D I'm up pretty high so maybe its not snowing everywhere around here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement