Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW REPORTS ONLY - December 4 - 6th.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Dubs require Cavan people to report since your in our way for a few flakes - don't let us down.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

darkman2 wrote: »
    Dubs require Cavan people to report since your in our way for a few flakes - don't let us down.:D

Won't the radar and temps and DP's tell you that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

My friend in London has informed me its snowing there. If the snow is that far south surely there is some hope for Southern Ireland folks like me?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sq_forever

cavan calling

yeah snowing/sleeting alright. turning more to snow as the day goes on. top of car freezing between showers. nothing worth taking a photo of. yet.
    Now if i could only get the lamposts in my ghost estate turned on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chucky Norris

You're at 200m, lucky!

1.8C here, DP -0.8. Not a fecking shower in site.

dont want to rub it in but thats the lowest i could say some people say were 300 meters above sea level :D:D:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Made a big sloppy sleet shower here earlier. I'd say snow/rain ratio was roughly 2/8 at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Still not a flake of the stuff here but it's snowing in surrounding areas. Sad face :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Just heard a couple of rumbles of thunder:eek:, very fine powdery snow

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Snowing in Manchester. Have a dusting on the car & now there's some light-moderate graupel.

Just off topic a little, does anyone know the website where you get a map of Ireland & UK and it has live temperatures and dew points? I used it the last 2 winters and have lost the link! Thanks :)

dont want to rub it in but thats the lowest i could say some people say were 300 meters above sea level :D:D:P:P

Lucky **** **** **** ****!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:pac::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 The Major

In between Mullagh and Virginia in Co. Cavan and heavy snow falling for the past 30 mins and sticking , what a night I picked to put up the Christmas Tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Made a big sloppy sleet shower here earlier. I'd say snow/rain ratio was roughly 2/8 at best.

So a quarter !! :p:D:pac:

Sorry, couldn't resist !

neil2304 wrote: »
    Snowing in Manchester. Have a dusting on the car & now there's some light-moderate graupel.

Just off topic a little, does anyone know the website where you get a map of Ireland & UK and it has live temperatures and dew points? I used it the last 2 winters and have lost the link! Thanks :)

Before anyone asks:
    Graupel (also called soft hail or snow pellets; METAR code: GS)[1] refers to precipitation that forms when supercooled droplets of water are collected and freeze on a falling snowflake, forming a 2–5 mm ball of rime. The term graupel is the German word for this meteorological phenomenon.[2] Graupel is sometimes referred to as small hail, although the World Meteorological Organization defines small hail as snow pellets encapsulated by ice, a precipitation halfway between graupel and hail.[3]

Source: Wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Snow angel

sq_forever wrote: »

cavan calling

yeah snowing/sleeting alright. turning more to snow as the day goes on. top of car freezing between showers. nothing worth taking a photo of. yet.
    Now if i could only get the lamposts in my ghost estate turned on ...
    I am surround by lampposts but alas they are useless because maynooth has no snow :( Swap you two lampposts for some snow

t|nt|n wrote: »

Sorry, couldn't resist !

erm, yeah, and?

erm, yeah, and?

Ah im only messing with ya ! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist !

erm, yeah, and?

I think he's a fan of using the lowest possible denominator!

Ah im only messing with ya ! :)

Care for a cigarette?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ6_E8SkAjS11J5dpS-PjZPZvkEYlrV7sqQITUUCk5Bohf3clh8g

Lovely faggs.

Care for a cigarette?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ6_E8SkAjS11J5dpS-PjZPZvkEYlrV7sqQITUUCk5Bohf3clh8g

Lovely faggs.

LOL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

8PM
    Ballyhaise 0c Snow
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Had one real heavy shower of hailstones an hour ago, place is all white with it and its not melting, cars are crawling on the roads as it is difficult to drive in and very slippy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

North County Dublin may see some sleet or snow in the next hour from a couple of showers passing through Meath atm.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Heavy snowflakes falling in Slane. Sticking a bit but quite slushy! YAAAYYYYYY!!!
    The kids were having their bedtime stories and i went in to tell them to come out and have a look. The look on their faces was priceless!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sleet falling in Birdhill, North Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

shedweller wrote: »
    Heavy snowflakes falling in Slane. Sticking a bit but quite slushy! YAAAYYYYYY!!!
    The kids were having their bedtime stories and i went in to tell them to come out and have a look. The look on their faces was priceless!!

That's strange. I'm in trim and nothing here so far although it is freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The Major wrote: »
    In between Mullagh and Virginia in Co. Cavan and heavy snow falling for the past 30 mins and sticking , what a night I picked to put up the Christmas Tree.

is your camera broke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Snowing in Castlewarren County Kilkenny according to my cousin.
    It is rather hilly out that direction.

Actually, can anyone tell me where I can find out where is the highest point in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Just got a call from a work collegue in Slane, Heavy snow for 30+ mins now.
    The same cloud is heading directly for Balbriggan according to www.raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

heavy snow here where i am in tipp,..........:) at last

• Advertisement

Raining in Tuam (39m asl)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement