Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Saorview receiver ($7.40 delivered)

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

commgames wrote: »
    does anyone now how to plug in external aerial, an adapter?

One of these (Thanks to Rockn earlier in thread).

You might try unscrewing the aerial and "plugging in" the brass thread - has worked for a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

styron wrote: »
    It's picked up by the native driver and works fine on VLC. With two muxes, the channels are split over two frequencies (eg. Three Rock - 546 & 570 MHz).
    Try ProgDVB, it works great with it. You can middle mouse click on the screen and it shrinks it to a window that always floats on top of whatever else you're doing so you can be browsing away with the tv on in the bottom right, really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

If anyone has one but doesn't want it PM me and i'll take it off your hands.

djmarkus wrote: »
    If anyone has one but doesn't want it PM me and i'll take it off your hands.

We bought them over three years ago - still on sale (31US cents dearer!)

Three week wait or so - but you'll have the driver CD (+ required serial number) and a remote that might offer more by now than a spare battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

We bought them over three years ago - still on sale (31US cents dearer!)

Three week wait or so - but you'll have the driver CD (+ required serial number) and a remote that might offer more by now than a spare battery.

I hate waiting. Can you order a new one and I can have yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

It's picked up by the native driver and works fine on VLC. With two muxes, the channels are split over two frequencies (eg. Three Rock - 546 & 570 MHz).

i have Windows 10 home edition and dongle is not picked up. What native driver are we talking about here? Any particular inf file i should use?

bmm wrote: »
    i have Windows 10 home edition and dongle is not picked up. What native driver are we talking about here? Any particular inf file i should use?

It should be recognised and 'clear' in Device Manager as 'Winfast DVT Dongle Gold DVB Device' or similar under Sound video and game controllers. The associated system32 driver files are AF15BDA.sys and BdaSup.sys.

If that checks out OK it still needs a DVB player install to scan and store the channels, EPG etc.

SichboPVR is now straightforward and fairly smooth. Thargor's ProgDVB suggestion is another fine option or even VLC under Media -> Open Capture Device -> Capture Mode: TV Digital, Delivery System: DVB-T & input Transponder Frequency (two required as all channels as split between two muxes, so only ½ available per frequency eg. Three Rock: 546000 kHz & 570000 kHz.)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

It should be recognised and 'clear' in Device Manager as 'Winfast DVT Dongle Gold DVB Device' or similar under Sound video and game controllers. The associated system32 driver files are AF15BDA.sys and BdaSup.sys.

This is what i'm getting . No drivers are installing. I would need an inf file if someone has one ?

386381.jpg

The drivers built in to my Win 10 32 bit install are these Leadtech:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/d4b0b37e4903d9ffb81830ca80fc3134/573e3d4d/29322/0/1?tsf=0

Back in the day they got the dongle working on some win 7 & 8 systems - usually 32 bit ... having a media center helped too. Leadtech don't have a trace about these drivers or devices on their site anymore.

If that doesn't work bmm can you go into the DVB-T 2 Details tab above and select Hardware Ids from the drop down menu to see if it gives up what specific dongle you have? I have the driver discs somewhere that came with two different IT 9135 & AF 9015 based sticks.

The drivers built in to my Win 10 32 bit install are these Leadtech:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/d4b0b37e4903d9ffb81830ca80fc3134/573e3d4d/29322/0/1?tsf=0

Back in the day they got the dongle working on some win 7 & 8 systems - usually 32 bit ... having a media center helped too. Leadtech don't have a trace about these drivers or devices on their site anymore.

If that doesn't work bmm can you go into the DVB-T 2 Details tab above and select Hardware Ids from the drop down menu to see if it gives up what specific dongle you have? I have the driver discs somewhere that came with two different IT 9135 & AF 9015 based sticks.

AF9015 & IT9130/35 discs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Is this still available or could someone point to a similar product?

Is this still available or could someone point to a similar product?

Buyincoins are now selling this instead (€8.85)

The original (IT9135 version) is available from Banggood (€8.43) or Aliexpress (€4.99)

Advertisement