Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!
    Nice.

Followed you on Podolski.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Real Madrid 1/8
    Yeovil Evens
    Valencia 4/9
    €20 wins €65

Inter Milan
    St. Johnstone
    9/2 both to win
    €20 wins €110

Koln 8/5
    Podolski FGS 4/1
    €5 wins €65

Great night of betting :D

My bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Inter Milan and Madrid -1 looks good to me at just over 11/5. :D

Inter looked an improved side at the weekend and I feel they need this win before the winter break.
    Madrid have a strong team and will surely look to bounce back after the el clasico disaster. I'm tempted to lump on -2 at evens but I'll wait to see the starting XI

At least the night wasn't a total waste! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

http://www.teamtalk.com/match/preview/978/7376429/Besiktas-v-Stoke-preview
    any1 know much about besiktas this season?
    surely that 5/6 is worht a lump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Shane St. wrote: »

I have put a maximum stake on Besiktas hoping to trade out before kickoff.

Check this out
    Stoke's squad have endured a travel nightmare on the trip to Turkey to face Besiktas in their final Europa League group match.

A specially-chartered jet carrying the Potters was delayed at Manchester Airport because of congestion in Turkish airspace.

Then, when the team did eventually reach Istanbul, they were forced to land at the Sabiha Gokcen International Airport, which is on the Asian rather than European side of the city.

Another short flight was therefore needed to get the team to Ataturk Airport, where they arrived around 10.30pm local time - three hours late and less than 22 hours before kick-off in Wednesday's tie.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Stoke-squad-forced-to-land-in-Asia-as-delays-and-diversions-hit-flight-to-Istanbul-to-play-Besiktas-article842669.html#.TufsIIaZRC8.twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Do you guys think sunderland at 7/1 against Tottenham away are good odds seeing as morale must be good for them atm and tottenham have just lost.
    Just done a cheeky accum with man u , liverpool , sunderland , real madrid , napoli and man city to win at 105/1 odds . I know it's a long shot but only do it once in a while and the last time I won.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

30 on Santos @ 8/11

Santos starting XI: Rafael; Danilo, Bruno Rodrigo, Edu Dracena, Durval; Henrique, Arouca; Elano, Ganso; Neymar, Borges.

Very strong in attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Where was the 10/1 for Ronaldo hat-trick - best I saw was VC @ 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

DB74 wrote: »
    Where was the 10/1 for Ronaldo hat-trick - best I saw was VC @ 8/1
    Boyles.
    He could easily have got it too, they were close a load of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Cheers Paddy

I backed any hat-trick on BF @ 4.1 myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Olympiacos -1

Fulham -1 / Olympiacos

PSG / Olympiacos -1

PSG will play with their best team and Athletic Bilbao will play with reserves/youngsters, it's a must win game for PSG. Slovan Bratislava won't lose against Salzburg imo. (PSG are out if Salzburg win)

Fulham have always had better results at home in the Europa League, it's a must win game for them too, they recently beat Liverpool, surely beating that Danish team should be a formality.

As for Olympiacos, they're in great form - http://www.soccerway.com/teams/greece/olympiakos-cfp/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Still fancy Wisla to beat Twente:

FC Twente: Marsman; Cornelisse, Bengtsson, Röseler, Buysse; Janssen, Chadli, Landzaat; Gouriye, De Jong, John

Players in bold are regular 1st team.

For Twente this match is just a annoying interruption before their last 2 matches prior the winter break in Holland, away to Feyenoord and at home against PSV.

Wisla still could qualify, all they can do is win and wait what happens with Fulham.

From Bild.de about Maccabi Haifa - Schalke:
    Huntelaar, Raúl und sieben weitere Stammspieler sind zu Hause geblieben.
    Which translates that those 2 and 7 other regulars stayed behind in Germany.

Maccabi is qualified when winning.

Wisla/Maccabi to win @4

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

30 on Fulham + PSG @ evens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Shane St. wrote: »
    Yardie wrote: »
    I have put a maximum stake on Besiktas hoping to trade out before kickoff.
    Im on The turks tonight also,more than a bit worrying though that their manager wont be on the bench after being released from jail over match fixing allegations. any views? although its a bit late at this stage:D they should be good enough to beat what will be a reserve side for stoke,pullis only brought 15 players with him,if they dont win tonight,i aint ever eating a kebab again!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1549/rest-of-europe/2011/12/12/2799767/besiktas-coach-tayfur-havutcu-and-seven-other-match-fixing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Gone for a long shot in the Europa League

PAOK/ Rubin - draw
    Brugge/ Braga - draw
    Spurs -1
    Besiktas -1

Works out around 38/1 on 365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Im on The turks tonight also,more than a bit worrying though that their manager wont be on the bench after being released from jail over match fixing allegations. any views? although its a bit late at this stage:D they should be good enough to beat what will be a reserve side for stoke,pullis only brought 15 players with him,if they dont win tonight,i aint ever eating a kebab again!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1549/rest-of-europe/2011/12/12/2799767/besiktas-coach-tayfur-havutcu-and-seven-other-match-fixing

Don't think it will make too much difference. Stoke likely to start with Daio and pson at CB and Besiktas have full squad to chose from. I will wait till teams are announced before making final decision.
    At the moment I have a bumper stake on Besiktas @ 10/11. Odds haven't come in as much as I would've liked. I thought Besiktas would be 8/11 at this stage. Depending on reports from ground I will lay this off before kickoff or at least lock in some profit on betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Odds haven't come in as much as I would've liked. I thought Besiktas would be 8/11 at this stage.
    yeah.......... i would have thought myself that the odds would be way shorter at this stage, considering the huge money bet on them on betfair:cool: still like you said,they should be good enough and if they win they top the group, id say its a safe bet:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

anywhere offering anything good for new members? im sick of paddy power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

EdenHazard wrote: »
    anywhere offering anything good for new members? im sick of paddy power
    Refer a friend on betfair and if they give you both 50 quid if you deposit 50 and bet 50 on odds over 1.20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

id recommend bet 365,best inplay markets and they give u 100% deposit bonus up to 200euro..only problem is you have to roll it over a few times before u can withdraw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Don't think it will make too much difference. Stoke likely to start with Daio and pson at CB and Besiktas have full squad to chose from. I will wait till teams are announced before making final decision.
    At the moment I have a bumper stake on Besiktas @ 10/11. Odds haven't come in as much as I would've liked. I thought Besiktas would be 8/11 at this stage. Depending on reports from ground I will lay this off before kickoff or at least lock in some profit on betfair.

Quaresma is out injured.

Don't forget that a draw would suit both teams, Stoke would finish top of the group and Besiktas would be through to the next round regardless of the result in the other game. Stoke's squad still looks decent with Wilkinson, Upson, Palacios, Pennant, Delap, Jones.

I like HT draw in this game but I'll wait till the line ups are announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

Quaresma is out injured.

Don't forget that a draw would suit both teams, Stoke would finish top of the group and Besiktas would be through to the next round regardless of the result in the other game. Stoke's squad still looks decent with Wilkinson, Upson, Palacios, Pennant, Delap, Jones.

I like HT draw in this game but I'll wait till the line ups are announced.
    Couldn't agree more. I'm laying besiktas for that very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

whats the thinking on wisla kralow they need a win and fc twente are suppose to be fielding a second string

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Ive gone for over 1.5 in all Europa League games tonight for an interest pays about 25/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

€5 on Both Teams to score in all the matches below.

Macclesfield v Chelmsford City
    Steaua Bucharest v AEK Larnaca
    Maccabi Haifa v Schalke 04
    Anderlecht v Lokomotiv Moscow
    PSG v Athletic Bilbao
    Besiktas v Stoke

Returns €148

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Is the stoke Game on tv tonight or will bet365 be showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Ive gone for over 1.5 in all Europa League games tonight for an interest pays about 25/2.

With who as a matter of interest? Boyles tend to offer decent enough odds on over 1.5 goals. Same accumulator is 15/1 with them.

Does anyone know if there's a way of comparing overall multiple odds with different firms?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Spurs (-1) is 5/4 on 365! That has to be a certainty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

TheBully wrote: »
    Is the stoke Game on tv tonight or will bet365 be showing it?
    ESPN I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Si1965

seklly wrote: »
    With who as a matter of interest? Boyles tend to offer decent enough odds on over 1.5 goals. Same accumulator is 15/1 with them.

Does anyone know if there's a way of comparing overall multiple odds with different firms?

Best site is oddschecker.com - you can create your own betslip (opens in a new window) and it displays the prices from all the bookies (best on the left).

You can do this for any market as well - if you click on the ALL ODDS you can choose any of the available markets. The bit that is not obvious is that you can also add these to your betslip by clicking on the + on the left hand side (orange box with white + symbol)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement