Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Ah it's probably too late now Gavin, but I remember looking through some of their matches on an android app, and they went either 4/5 matches in a row havin a player sent off in each game, another match they had 7/8 players booked .. they just caught me eye this evening.

Low and behold there's a red card in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Irish94 wrote: »
    Have a treble going of Barcelona vs Real Madrid both teams to score (yes), Sunderland to win and Spurs vs Stoke both teams to score (yes)

Stake: 10 euro
    Return: 50 euro

Hopefully the Spurs bet comes through, haven't had a win in a while.

Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Lumped on Napoli @ 5/6 to try & save my weekend!

Oh well,bad weekend of it overall,sure there's always next weekend........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Just waiting on the one result now tomorrow, lowly kaiserslautern travel to dortmund:eek:
    what can you do??? Sickener though, but ya win some, ya lose some! Roll on next week:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

pretty confident of a mancity win tomorrow and will prob
    back them straight in the shop along with this

a tenner on city-1 at 5s

• Advertisement

Tempting my biggest bet ever on Man City DNB 11/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Here's a good article about Chelsea's performance against Valencia

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/06/chelsea-valencia-villas-boas-deep-tactics/

It is similar to tactics used in Newcastle game. Now city are superior side to Valencia and Newcastle but if Chelsea can restrict the space given to Silva and Aguero in final 3rd then City could be in some trouble. Sturridge Mata and Drogba are in decent form so wouldnt be surprised to see Chelsea nick a goal or two on the break.

Also looking back at City away in big Champs league matches and away to Liverpool, they haven't found the answers. AVB will be looking for Romeu to do a similar job on Silva as Leiva did at Anfield. Whether Romeu is up to task is unknown but recent performances suggest he may be a real player.

Given all of this I would steer clear of any bumper stakes on City.

Feck ye Yardie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Good luck if you do.

Had a great win Barca DNB last night, thought the bookies had that one all wrong. However, I never saw Real winning atall atall, just could not see it.
    I think the bookies are off with tomorow night too, but I think theres a chance Chelsea could win, I think I'll go with you on this one too, but I just feel if Chelsea get a lead, they could be able to hold out.

• Advertisement

Man City DNB 11/10 - Large Stake

Man City +1 Corner Handicap Evens - Medium Stake

Man City -1 9/2 - Small Stake

Lech Poznan, Kayserispor, Man City 6/1 - Small Stake

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Requested odds on Vargas to score midweek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

have you a bet365 account to take advantage of the free bet gavin?

could use the free 50 bet no risk bet on city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Headshot wrote: »
    Requested odds on Vargas to score midweek :)

keep us informed on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Didn't look into the match tonight yet but my instincts are

If City play like they did last year, which is defend depend and bore us all to sleep I can see them walking out winners. But if they try to keep the ball like they did this season and pin Chelsea back (Chelsea be playing like they did for their last two matches) I think Chelsea will catch them on the break.

Chelsea will have Luiz suspended for this game (Big plus for Chelsea, big negative for the lads who are backing him to be booked :)) so they will have to play Bosingwa RB and Ivanović at CB. Chelsea nornally this year play with a high defensive line and if they do this against City then City can ping the ball over the full backs all night long and hammer Chelsea. Terry's pace...ie lack of... and the lack of defensive ability of Bosingwa mean's they can't play this system. So much of this game will depend on the tactics of it (like most games :o), but like Barca the other night Chelsea need to win and most of all can't lose tonight.

Also Sturridge will be out to prove a point to Man City for not playing him and forcing him to leave the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Yardie wrote: »
    Here's a good article about Chelsea's performance against Valencia

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/06/chelsea-valencia-villas-boas-deep-tactics/

It is similar to tactics used in Newcastle game. Now city are superior side to Valencia and Newcastle but if Chelsea can restrict the space given to Silva and Aguero in final 3rd then City could be in some trouble. Sturridge Mata and Drogba are in decent form so wouldnt be surprised to see Chelsea nick a goal or two on the break.

Also looking back at City away in big Champs league matches and away to Liverpool, they haven't found the answers. AVB will be looking for Romeu to do a similar job on Silva as Leiva did at Anfield. Whether Romeu is up to task is unknown but recent performances suggest he may be a real player.

Given all of this I would steer clear of any bumper stakes on City.
    A few comments (also including reaction to Gudede post):

1) If Bosingwa will start then I don't think he is a good fit for a deep defensive line like against Valencia. He is actually a player who would do better with higher line, because he has a good enough recover pace. Tell him to defend around his box and you've got a problem.

2) Mikel vs Romeu - very important aspect for me. If former will start, there's no way I will back Chelsea; he's just a too big of liability for me at least.

3) When attacking City have a tendency to play their 4 midfielders very narrow, sometimes it looks like a "magical square" used by Brazilian teams (2 DMs and 2 CM/AMs ahead of them) with full backs overlapping. Sturridge does a good job defensively against his full back, but Mata doesn't. If Mata starts on the left and Micah Richards will be a full back on his side, I can see City having a big impact here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Lech Poznan -1

Man City DNB

Man City -1

Lech's opponents are terrible away from home - http://www.soccerway.com/teams/poland/zaglebie-lubin-ssa/

As for the other game, I still think AVB is a poor coach, I saw parts of the game vs Newcastle, and Newcastle were unlucky not to score, Chelsea with AVB have been thrashed by Man Utd and Arsenal, not to mention their 2 defeats vs Liverpool. Whereas Man City have thrashed Man Utd and Spurs away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Lech Poznan -1

Man City DNB

Man City -1

Lech's opponents are terrible away from home - http://www.soccerway.com/teams/poland/zaglebie-lubin-ssa/

As for the other game, I still think AVB is a poor coach, I saw parts of the game vs Newcastle, and Newcastle were unlucky not to score, Chelsea with AVB have been thrashed by Man Utd and Arsenal, not to mention their 2 defeats vs Liverpool. Whereas Man City have thrashed Man Utd and Spurs away from home.
    1) Lech should win it clearly... but I still would reccomend to wait before their starting XI would be announced, Bakero (their manager) lovex to experiment, so info on Stilic and Rudnevs starting (plus Stilic positioning in the line up) have to be 100% sure. And I would like to see a quality of the pitch as well...

2) City thrashed United playing with one man down and Tottenham in the middle of Modric crisis, they barely won a point at Anfield Road recently. Not a big fan of AVB work at the moment, but if Chelsea can play similar to match against Valencia they can be dangerous.

Just had a quick look at the stats. I won't be having a bet till I see the teams.

_________________Chelsea________Man City________Odds
    _______________Home Games____Away Games

BTS_______________6/7____________ 6/7___________8/13

Over 2.5___________7/7_____________6/7___________4/5

Over 1.5 (1st half)___4/7____________ 4/7___________7/4

Over 1.5 (2nd half)___6/7____________6/7___________Evens

2nd half more goals___5/7____________5/7__________11/10

Over 3.5 goals_______4/7____________6/7___________9/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Boylesports Boylesports
    Day5 of our #12DaysofXmas promo will be live on boylesports.com from 6pm sharp and concerns tonight's big #PremierLeague matchup!

Gunna wait and see if it's enhanced city odds and shove the max bet on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Roma v Juventus
    Roma are depleted in defence ahead of the visit of unbeaten Juventus. Nicola Burdisso and Simon Kjaer are both injured. Right-back Marco Cassetti was a late withdrawal from the squad while Juan is suspended. Midfielder Fernando Gago and attacker Bojan Krkic are also banned following their red cards in the 3-0 defeat at Fiorentina last time out.
    The only player missing for Juve's trip to the capital is forward Mirko Vucinic, who is denied a return to his former club after being ruled out until the New Year through injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Yoshie. wrote: »
    Boylesports Boylesports
    Day5 of our #12DaysofXmas promo will be live on boylesports.com from 6pm sharp and concerns tonight's big #PremierLeague matchup!

Gunna wait and see if it's enhanced city odds and shove the max bet on.

You can get double the odds on your selection with the Bet365 offer. Put your €50 on them to win pre-match and then another €50 on them when it kicks off which you get back if it loses so essentially you'll be getting 15/4 on a City win for your €50 stake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

PP Powerplay online

Man City and Juventus to win 11-2

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Juve win
    City v Chelsea over 2.5

10 returns 38 with PP

Was very lucky on saturday, had btts NO in swansea fulham, last minute penalty nearly cost me €20. Hopefully the luck will continue. Thought about Juve DNB at 4/7 but opted to take the win in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Wouldnt personally go near the game tonight.At a push id go for both teams to score (a near certain IMO) and overs.

Bloody no will power.Gone with

Both Teams to Score in the First Half
    Yes @ 11/4
    €4

To Be Booked
    J Terry @ 17/10
    €10

Penalty Awarded?
    Yes @ 9/5
    €2

Half-Time/Full-Time
    Chelsea / Man City @ 25/1
    €1

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

seklly wrote: »
    You can get double the odds on your selection with the Bet365 offer. Put your €50 on them to win pre-match and then another €50 on them when it kicks off which you get back if it loses so essentially you'll be getting 15/4 on a City win for your €50 stake

there must be some way to guarantee a profit from this offer?

stingerro wrote: »
    3) When attacking City have a tendency to play their 4 midfielders very narrow, sometimes it looks like a "magical square" used by Brazilian teams (2 DMs and 2 CM/AMs ahead of them) with full backs overlapping. Sturridge does a good job defensively against his full back, but Mata doesn't. If Mata starts on the left and Micah Richards will be a full back on his side, I can see City having a big impact here.

Richards isn't included in the squad

Chelsea (from): Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Romeu, Ramires, Lampard, McEachran, Mata, Malouda, Meireles, Torres, Drogba, Kalou, Sturridge, Lukaku, Turnbull.

Manchester City (from): Hart, Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Savic, K Toure, Clichy, Johnson, Milner, Y Toure, De Jong, Barry, Hargreaves, Nasri, Silva, Dzeko, Balotelli, Aguero.

Also Terry also has a bad record of getting booked this season, he has 6 booking in 14 games in 2011 season but he 6 booking last year in 33 games and 7 booking the year before in 37 games. The 9/4 with sky bet could be value but I don't have an account

(as you can guess with all my posts, I done alot in work today :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Poznan to score in both halfs @ evens
    Poznan gets 42.3% of goals in 1st half and 57.7% in 2nd half- rather even spread.

In last 4 away matches in League, Lubin have conceded in both halves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

11/2 PP powerplay looks tasty for city and juventus to win but played it safe and went for a draw no bet double of city (11/10) and juventus (4/7) @ 23/10

Roma are missing quite a few and juve have been great at grinding out results this season, and I can see city having chelsea on the back foot for a good while, whether they play their usual game or go behind and throw men forward. Hence the booking bets as well...

Done a double of Juventus to win and John terry to be booked 16 euro returns 95. Was gonna pick Bosingwa/Zabaleta but stuck to the old reliable!

And stuck a euro on each of Terry and Bosingwa to be sent of @ 20/1 and 22/1 just for a laugh! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Juventus -1 V Roma is 7/2 with Paddy Power are pretty generous odds.

Roma are without a lot of key players so Luis Enrique finds himself also having to completely reconstruct his defence, as Simon Kjaer and Marco Cassetti join Nicolas Burdisso, David Pizarro and Fabio Borini on the treatment table.

There's talk of De Rossi having to fill in at centre back.

Vucinic is the only injury concern for Juventus who are still unbeaten. Roma on the other hand lost their last game 3-0 to Fiorentina.

Roma have the home advantage tonight but the "ultras" are calling for Enrique to be sacked and the club are in dissaray on the pitch with very few options.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement