Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Taken Waterford at 4's on 365. Here's hopin for another Crumlin!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Taking a chance on Tamworth in the conferance, they have had 5 very hard games lately and have not come out of it too badly considering. Drawed 2 out of the last 3 games and only conceded 1 goal. Kidderminster should be a bit easier then recent oppostion.23/10 looks a nice price..........worth a medium punt I think.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Acc to 101greatgoals:

Milan XI v Juve (Cup): Amelia; Antonini, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Mesbah, Aquilani, Seedorf, Muntari, Emanuelson, Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy

Juventus XI v Milan: Storari; Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Giaccherini, Pirlo, Vidal; Pepe, Del Piero, Vucinic

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Heart ruling over head on this but I put €30 last week on Rovers to beat Sunderland. Got them at 6/4. And two singles:
    €5 on Yak wincast at 3/1.
    €5 on Hoilett wincast at 5/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Gillingham/Crawley Over 3.5 goals @ 2/1 could be worth a punt. Both teams score and concede quite a lot. Gillingham's last 3 league home games have finished:

5-4
    3-1
    3-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Blackburn and Sunderland to score - 8/11

Blackburn Rovers: Robbo, Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Martin Olsson, Formica, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Marcus Olsson, Hoilett, Yak

SUNDERLAND: Mignolet, Bardsley, Bridge, Turner, Larsson, Gardner, Campbell, Vaughan, McClean, Kyrgiakos, Bendtner

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Was in a PP shop today for the first time in ages.

Got sucked in on some of their in shop specials.

Southampton
    Charlton
    Swindon
    Treble 13/2 €5

Messi Hatrick 11/2 €5

and just a plain old double of Reading and Brum @ 3/1 €5

oh, and the change i had in my pocket of .95c on every team to score
    in the championship @ 150/1 :)

Its a mind fúck with all the specials they have in store.
    I even considerd the "barca to outscore every team in the english leagues" @ 5/1 before i copped onto myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Barcelona By 4 Or More Goals @ 11/10
    Barcelona v Granada
    Winning Margin
    Real Madrid @ 21/20 -1
    Villarreal v Real Madrid
    Match Handicap +1
    Twente @ 5/6 -1
    De Graafschap v Twente
    Match Handicap +1
    Anderlecht @ 8/13 -1
    Anderlecht v Zulte Waregem
    Match Handicap -1
    Over 2.5 @ 4/9
    Heerenveen v PSV Eindhoven
    Total Goals U/O 2.5
    Total stake € 10.00
    Estimated return € 184.16

Lionel Messi @ EVS
    Barcelona v Granada
    To Score 2+ Goals
    Total stake € 40.00
    Estimated return € 80.00

get the **** in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Treble
    Reading Evs
    Sheff Wed 8/15
    Benfica v Porto over 2.5 goals 9/10

Barcelona v Granada
    Messi To Score 2 Or More 5/4

thank god for messi :D

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    3000th post so let it be a winner.

Messi Hat trick was @3,4 last night which is a bit rubbish.

Apparently there has been a quick review of barca's all time goal scorer and this resulted in him losing 3 goals.

So if Messi scores 2 tonight, the record is his.

Also thinking of Greuther furth - Dortmund.
    Furth to qualify.
    Dortmund has never won a semi-final in the German cup when they played away from home and Furth is doing very well in the 2nd bundesliga.
    13 played at home, 11 wins, 2 lost.

Ended up with taking Boyles for the hat trick @5 and 2 or more @evens.

Made up for a fair bad night although Furth might still come in. Just when i typed this, Dortmund scores... says it all or tonight really.

Heart ruling over head on this but I put €30 last week on Rovers to beat Sunderland. Got them at 6/4. And two singles:
    €5 on Yak wincast at 3/1.
    €5 on Hoilett wincast at 5/1.
    Get in there! 3 out of 3. Delighted. Best night's work ever. Wish I had lumped more on wincasts and less on result, oh well...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Did a bit of research and I am doing Granada +3 at 11/8.
    Barcelona's Home record against the bottom half of the table (11-20):
    This bet of backing the away team +3 has come in 50% of Barcelona's games against teams in the bottom half of the table.
    Worth a shot anyway Barca might rest a few.

That'll do pig, that'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I fancy Reading and Birmingham tonight. Both around Evens.

Reading are in fantastic form winning 9 of their last 10. 5 wins in their last 6 in the road.

Peterborough won just 2 of their last 14 in all competitions. They've lost 4 of their last 6 home games too.

Birmingham's recent form isn't great (1 win in the last 6) but they won their last game comfortably at home to Middlesbrough. They have also lost just 1 of their last 9 away games, winning 5.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth are in all sorts of trouble on and off the pitch. Without a win in their last 9, losing 6 and scoring just 2 goals in the process. Their home form isn't much better, without a win in 5, losing 3.

That went well!:D I''m an actually on an awful run right now.

Im getting this on now before the price or line changes.

A Madrid vs A Bilbao - Over 6.5 cards. This should be a fiesty affair as both are battling for a CL place and well the ref looks to be a bit of a lunatic

http://uk.soccerway.com/referees/javier-estrada-fernandez/60734/

Both clubs are also high up in the discipline table receiving a total of 172 yellow cards between them! Madrid - 88+2reds Bilbao 84+1red.

Bet365 are offering 4/5.

Victor Chandler offering 2/1 for a Red Card in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Barca at 20 mins @ 10/11
    In 8/13 home games in the league Barca have been ahead by 20 mins. In 2 others they were ahead by 25 mins.

Barca 2+ first half goals 8/11 or Barca -1 first half handicap 10/11
    In 10/13 they have scored 2+ first half goals.

3/3 the stats didn't lie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

Bet on Leeds - made a little bit easier by the fact tht every other team I looked at also lost- reading, west ham, Birmingham, etc. always wary of win casts and BTTS but they seem to be the way forward!

Anyway gonna take a break for a couple of weeks- watch how all the picks I make absolutely hose in and then in 2 weeks go back to picking and betting on donkeys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What sort of side will Tigre field tonight do ye think? Cup game against a second division side, they're currently top of the Primera, 6/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

Chelsea 16/5
    Man City 10/11
    Chelsea have lost there last two away premier league games.Granted AVB has hit the road since.There seems to be renewed belief at Chelsea and a togetherness about them.They had a savage win against Napoli in CL and a morale boosting win in the cup with even Torres on the scoresheet.However appearances can be decieving.Di Matteo is a puppet on Abramovich's string.The Russian probably texts Di Matteo the teamsheet.They have let in 9 goals in there last 6 pl games.
    Man City are lethal at home this season.They have lost 2 of there last 6 but they were away from home.Granted they took a deserved beating from Swansea away but they showed great heart in their comeback in the Europa league.Mancini has made the home stadium a fortress.I think they have won every home game this season.That is irresistible form.They have scored 8 and conceded none in there last three home games.However these were routine victories against poor opposition.
    People may be tempted by the generous price on Chelsea but i'm confident that city will beat them and i think the home form will carry on.10/11 is a tasty price.I think Aguero will cause Chelsea trouble and i'm going to back him to score anytime.Balotelli is a nut job and I might have a small bet on him to get yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Went with a Leeds, Reading and Birmingham treble tonight, that went terrible anyways :o
    Think I might go for a Liverpool, Tottenham, Bayern and City accum tomorrow night. I know somebody pointed out about Monchengladbach at home but with Bayerns recent form I really fancy them to win this game. While Kompany and Lescott doubtful for City I still fancy them to win, I can see Tevez coming on and scoring a winner or something, its bound to happen :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

useurename wrote: »
    Chelsea 16/5
    Man City 10/11
    Chelsea have lost there last two away premier league games.Granted AVB has hit the road since.There seems to be renewed belief at Chelsea and a togetherness about them.They had a savage win against Napoli in CL and a morale boosting win in the cup with even Torres on the scoresheet.However appearances can be decieving.Di Matteo is a puppet on Abramovich's string.The Russian probably texts Di Matteo the teamsheet.They have let in 9 goals in there last 6 pl games.
    Man City are lethal at home this season.They have lost 2 of there last 6 but they were away from home.Granted they took a deserved beating from Swansea away but they showed great heart in their comeback in the Europa league.Mancini has made the home stadium a fortress.I think they have won every home game this season.That is irresistible form.They have scored 8 and conceded none in there last three home games.However these were routine victories against poor opposition.
    People may be tempted by the generous price on Chelsea but i'm confident that city will beat them and i think the home form will carry on.10/11 is a tasty price.I think Aguero will cause Chelsea trouble and i'm going to back him to score anytime.Balotelli is a nut job and I might have a small bet on him to get yellow.
    terry is out seemingly. Price should drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Haven't had a winning bet since Saturday so I really need this accum to come in :o:

Sheriff Tiraspol
    Dacia Chisinau
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Gazelec Ajaccio or draw
    @ 2.97

and a smaller stake on this treble:
    Dacia Chisinau
    Domzale or draw
    Gazelec Ajaccio or draw
    @ 3.77

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Going for 50e Dbl tonight . Both in or around 1/1 .
    Anyone see anythin that stands out to them
    Im thinking Ipswich to beat Burnley as one team in Double ,
    Burnley havent won in 5 ( mostly draws ) and Ipswich havent lost in 4 . Also they haven been beaten at home in 6.
    Thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Going for 50e Dbl tonight . Both in or around 1/1 .
    Anyone see anythin that stands out to them
    Im thinking Ipswich to beat Burnley as one team in Double ,
    Burnley havent won in 5 ( mostly draws ) and Ipswich havent lost in 4 . Also they haven been beaten at home in 6.
    Thoughts ?

Go for two €25 singles rather than a €50 double. Haven't had a look at fixtures tonight though, Man City if Kompany is starting and most importantly Savic isn't will be worth a punt since Terry's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

10 euro free bet with paddys. So put it on City to win 4-3. Let's see how that one goes :pac:

Can Messi play everyday from now on, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I usually hate them but the PP enhanced treble of Spurs City and Liverpool at 9/2 looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Go for two €25 singles rather than a €50 double. Haven't had a look at fixtures tonight though, Man City if Kompany is starting and most importantly Savic isn't will be worth a punt since Terry's out.

Sorry should of mentioned its a 50e free bet ( Has to be used as 50e bet )

Going with Ipswich / Arsenal
    50e dbl
    Good luck all

Over 6.5 cards in the At Madrid/Bilbao game @ 4/5
    Valencia beating Zaragoza at HT @ 8/13
    Napoli/Siena Over 2.5 goals @ 17/20

Around 4/1

£35 stake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Anytime Aguero RVP Bale Suarez 31/1
    FGS Aguero RVP Bale Suarez 1134/1

Considering a trixie on 3 of them too but we'll see before KO! I'm only putting a quid or two on :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement