Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Schism wrote: »
    Anyone think Messi is going to end the day as Barca's top all time scorer? He's 1.8 to score 2 or more.

Wouldnt bet against u, Messi has been v good to me! but at these odds, i think ill give it a miss, maybe score last goal 7/4, u can always be sure to play the 90 mins!
    On another note,he's 5/4 for top liga scorer this season!!?? Barca imo have an easier run than Real, and Ronaldo doesnt always perform in the big games

Polar101 wrote: »
    Real also has a fairly tough week right now - they played home on Sunday, then they are away at Villarreal on Wednesday (could be a tough game since there's a manager change) and then again home on Saturday. And then they travel to Cyprus the following Tuesday. So while they have a big squad, even if the opposition isn't the toughest it's still a busy schedule - 4 games in 9 days.

So I'll take some of that Barca 6/1.

Ya, ive been thinking alot about this too, ive said it from the start of the season that Real have the tougher run in, Barca could very well take them, def worth 10 or 20. cant seem to find handicaps on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

slattsteen wrote: »
    Wouldnt bet against u, Messi has been v good to me! but at these odds, i think ill give it a miss, maybe score last goal 7/4, u can always be sure to play the 90 mins!
    On another note,he's 5/4 for top liga scorer this season!!?? Barca imo have an easier run than Real, and Ronaldo doesnt always perform in the big games

Funnily enough enough no player always performs in big games.

Ronaldo performs better then most, and taking him on is always a risk, I would be inclined to give Messi a shot though. Barca will be doing everything they can to make him top scorer i think.

kryogen wrote: »
    Funnily enough enough no player always performs in big games.

Ronaldo performs better then most, and taking him on is always a risk, I would be inclined to give Messi a shot though. Barca will be doing everything they can to make him top scorer i think.

I wouldnt think Ronaldo performs close to Messi in the big games, and Messi doesnt have the competition of Benzema and Higuain in the box at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I wouldnt think Ronaldo performs close to Messi in the big games, and Messi doesnt have the competition of Benzema and Higuain in the box at the moment

Thats your opinion of course, but I am just registering mine that I strongly disagree with the notion that Ronaldo does not perform in big games, this myth has been dispelled many times so no need to go into it again.

I told you, I think Barca will do everything they can to make Messi the top scorer, we are in agreement that the bet is worth a few euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

just want to say a quick thanks to all here great thread great reading and some of the tips as of late have been top . well done lads

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

3000th post so let it be a winner.

Messi Hat trick was @3,4 last night which is a bit rubbish.

Apparently there has been a quick review of barca's all time goal scorer and this resulted in him losing 3 goals.

So if Messi scores 2 tonight, the record is his.

Also thinking of Greuther furth - Dortmund.
    Furth to qualify.
    Dortmund has never won a semi-final in the German cup when they played away from home and Furth is doing very well in the 2nd bundesliga.
    13 played at home, 11 wins, 2 lost.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

3 x 30 euro singles on Birmingham @ 10/11, Reading @ 10/11 and Osasuna @ 11/10

Osasuna odds surprise me as they are usually very good at home, Pamplona is an awfully difficult place to go to for any away side.

10 on Ibra Anytime @ 9/5

Wincast was tempting @ 4/1

kryogen wrote: »
    Thats your opinion of course, but I am just registering mine that I strongly disagree with the notion that Ronaldo does not perform in big games, this myth has been dispelled many times so no need to go into it again.

I told you, I think Barca will do everything they can to make Messi the top scorer, we are in agreement that the bet is worth a few euro.

Hey maybe ur right, Ronaldo has proved me wrong in the last year or 2 and it is besides the point. btw i did both of them in the CL for top scorer at 3/1 and 5/1, wouldnt mind if Gomez got injured now,ha

-Ade- wrote: »
    3 x 30 euro singles on Birmingham @ 10/11, Reading @ 10/11 and Osasuna @ 11/10

Osasuna odds surprise me as they are usually very good at home, Pamplona is an awfully difficult place to go to for any away side.

10 on Ibra Anytime @ 9/5

Wincast was tempting @ 4/1

Totally agree, im on Osasuna too, as i said earlier,they beat Barca up there 3-2 recently

Did someone say Ibra may be rested? Dont see Milan winning that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Infor any thoughts on the psv match, will we see plenty of goals again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Infor any thoughts on the psv match, will we see plenty of goals again?

Well, it is a cup match so both teams might approach it a bit more careful.
    Thing is though that Heerenveen has lost 4 matches this season in the league, 3 of them 5-1 and 2x PSV did that to them.

Heerenveen doesnt do many losses but when they do....

Could see again a lot of goals tbh.
    No reason for either team to field a weaker team. Another 1-5 would not surprise me.
    Certainly if PSV again gets an early goal like they did already 2x this season against Heerenveen.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Totally agree, im on Osasuna too, as i said earlier,they beat Barca up there 3-2 recently

Did someone say Ibra may be rested? Dont see Milan winning that one

Some speculation alright. Hence the small amount on him, and not on the usual wincast I do too as Juve are no mugs this season even if a little too inconsistent at times for my liking (to bet on wins). But he was saying yesterday he (Ibra) was very much looking forward to the game, and going by his comments you'd think he'd be starting. Sure we'll see later on.

Price drop on twente -1 so I'll have to get on that asap, they should get that handy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

My midweek double will most likely be barca to win by 4 or more goals at a lovely 11/10 and real madrid -1 handicap 21/20

Quite like that double

If you interested in that bet (that is Barca to win by more than 4), i saw in a PP shop earlier they have a special for Barca to outscore all the English teams @ 6/1 - not doing it myself but its another angle at it

Barcelona By 4 Or More Goals @ 11/10
    Barcelona v Granada
    Winning Margin
    Real Madrid @ 21/20 -1
    Villarreal v Real Madrid
    Match Handicap +1
    Twente @ 5/6 -1
    De Graafschap v Twente
    Match Handicap +1
    Anderlecht @ 8/13 -1
    Anderlecht v Zulte Waregem
    Match Handicap -1
    Over 2.5 @ 4/9
    Heerenveen v PSV Eindhoven
    Total Goals U/O 2.5
    Total stake € 10.00
    Estimated return € 184.16

Lionel Messi @ EVS
    Barcelona v Granada
    To Score 2+ Goals
    Total stake € 40.00
    Estimated return € 80.00

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Reading @ EVS
    Peterborough v Reading
    Match Betting

Osasuna @ 5/4
    Osasuna v Getafe
    Match Betting

Barcelona @ 20/21 -1
    Barcelona v Granada
    Half Time Handicap -1

Sheff Wed @ 1/2
    Sheff Wed v Walsall
    Match Betting

Swindon @ 8/11
    Swindon v Torquay
    Match Betting

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 113.81

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Two singles for me

Sunderland to beat Blackburn @19/10
    And Barca -3 @ evens

10 on each

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Careful going mear Ibra tonight.. Like I said yesterday there's a very strong chance he'll start from the bench.

I hear that Terry is out for Chelsea tomorrow, a huge miss for them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I hear that Terry is out for Chelsea tomorrow, a huge miss for them

Worse for City if Komapny and Lescott are out

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Osasuna and Leeds double tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Polar101

Jumping on the Osasuna bandwagon too, really nice odds there.

Worse for City if Komapny and Lescott are out

Lescott is out for sure but I think Kompany is still rated a doubt

Savic up against drogba should be fun and yellow card material

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

big bet for me on reading at 10/11
    gotta back them with the run they're on

4 draws also at 112/1 for a laugh
    hull
    blackburn
    juve
    benfica

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Barca at 20 mins @ 10/11
    In 8/13 home games in the league Barca have been ahead by 20 mins. In 2 others they were ahead by 25 mins.

Barca 2+ first half goals 8/11 or Barca -1 first half handicap 10/11
    In 10/13 they have scored 2+ first half goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Barca -1 HT @ 4/5
    Osasuna -1.5 corners @ 4/5
    Charlton/Yeovil Ov 2.5 @ 3/4
    Bury/Scunthorpe Ov 2.5 @ 4/5
    Oxford @ 8/13

15.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Cork may be fielding a reserve side against Waterford in the Munster Senior Cup tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Cork may be fielding a reserve side against Waterford in the Munster Senior Cup tonight.

Waterford were a great price either way, they always turn up for Turners Cross! aiming for the 4th straight win there tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm sold! Might take Waterford/Waterford at 8.0 on Betfair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement