Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

pacquiao wrote: »
    That's how you win money .
    Big singles and big doubles with sometimes dnb to cover your ass.

M Balotelli to score in 90 minutes and Man City to win the match is my bet .
    :) yes boy handy few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Went for Aguero 1st scorer on PP. They had a deal on where if there was so many goals then they'd refund all 1st scorers etc. Can't remember the exact wording of the deal though.. Does anyone know if it's if there's 4 goals in the match or more than 4 goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Do Wigan-Villa Both teams to score. No at evens.
    Wigan really strugglign for goals esp at home (3 Goals in their last 6 home games).

U get on it? Backed the 0-0 myself. happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

pacquiao wrote: »
    :) yes boy handy few quid

city still have to win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

That might be the end of the Sunderland run. I've won a lot of money on them since O'Neill took charge. But a 4-0 defeat at West Brom will rock them back to earth and put questions back against them as a betting proposition.

Thinking of a small bet on AC Milan for interest and maybe put them in a double with Napoli. Any Serie A experts here?

• Advertisement

Be careful betting on Milan, Ibra's out, Mesbah has a fever and Nesta won't play. Boateng's out also so Muntari and Nocerino will most likely flank Van Bommel in midfield with Emmanuelson behind robinho and pato up front. Not Milan's strongest side whereas Juve are at full strength.

Milan should win IMO after losing their last 2 against Juve, but I don't think the odds that are available for Milan represent value (13/10 on PP) . If I was you I'd wait until 15 mins into the game to see how Milan are set up before placing money on them to win before the game. Pato's on woeful form but could come good here (big game player).

Tbh, I'd go for something else like BTTS or over 2.5 goals rather than a Milan win. Just my advice, hope they do win though! Napoli look good for the win with Inter on an awful run of form. Big pressure on him and this game is do or die. If you can get Napoli at evens or above that's good value!

Best of luck!

Be careful betting on Milan, Ibra's out, Mesbah has a fever and Nesta won't play. Boateng's out also so Muntari and Nocerino will most likely flank Van Bommel in midfield with Emmanuelson behind robinho and pato up front. Not Milan's strongest side whereas Juve are at full strength.

Milan should win IMO after losing their last 2 against Juve, but I don't think the odds that are available for Milan represent value (13/10 on PP) . If I was you I'd wait until 15 mins into the game to see how Milan are set up before placing money on them to win before the game. Pato's on woeful form but could come good here (big game player).

Tbh, I'd go for something else like BTTS or over 2.5 goals rather than a Milan win. Just my advice, hope they do win though! Napoli look good for the win with Inter on an awful run of form. Big pressure on him and this game is do or die. If you can get Napoli at evens or above that's good value!

Best of luck!

Napoli are 9/10 with Paddy Power. Still betting with their money thanks to Sunderland's run up 'til today. Hopefully Napoli wont be flat after a great performance coming from behind against Chelsea in midweek.

Napoli are 9/10 with Paddy Power. Still betting with their money thanks to Sunderland's run up 'til today. Hopefully Napoli wont be flat after a great performance coming from behind against Chelsea in midweek.

Yeah that's their main problem with playing so many games in a short period of time. They have good quality players in the starting XI but lack depth in their squad. Inter are on the ropes though and this game is crucial for the team that wants any hope of top 3. I think Napoli will do the job though. 9/10 is decent value and is better than Bet365's 5/6. Not a bad bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

bet of desperation for tomorrow after a disastrous weekend

Arsenal v Tottenham
    6+ goals
    9/1

Stake: 10
    Returns: 100

Yeah that's their main problem with playing so many games in a short period of time. They have good quality players in the starting XI but lack depth in their squad. Inter are on the ropes though and this game is crucial for the team that wants any hope of top 3. I think Napoli will do the job though. 9/10 is decent value and is better than Bet365's 5/6. Not a bad bet!

I went with Milan and Napoli like I said with the straight double after. Milan 1 up, so good sofar......

• Advertisement

Fck that should've been a 2nd for Milan. Ball well over the line.

Joke of a decision. Milan would've won had that goal stood. A 2-0 lead and the game was over. Ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Changing my betting strategy from now on. No more silly 20/1 etc. accumulators for me. Going bigger on singles or doubles. Starting now with Man City v BRFC +2.5 goals and Milan v Juve both teams to score.
    Double: €23 returns €53.
    Sweet as a nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Joke of a decision. Milan would've won had that goal stood. A 2-0 lead and the game was over. Ridiculous...

juventus also had a goal disallowed that should of been counted .

awhir wrote: »
    juventus also had a goal disallowed that should of been counted .

It's not the same and you cannot say that one cancels out the other. The fact of the matter is that had Milan's perfectly legitimate goal stood, it would have completely changed the game.

Milan could have sat back and countered and they would not have had to work so hard to win back the ball, meaning energy could have been saved for the last 20 mins which is when Milan ran out of steam and that's what cost them the match.

At 2-0 Milan would have been in complete control and Juve would have had to change their entire gameplan. 2 wrongs do not make a right and that decision cost Milan the match, and quite possibly the title. Disgracefully poor officiating.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

How the linesman did not spot that is beyond me.

424373_358935234126983_100000315273674_1178812_641023883_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I dunno, if I had a bet on the game I'd probably "not see" it either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kev250 wrote: »
    How the linesman did not spot that is beyond me.

424373_358935234126983_100000315273674_1178812_641023883_n.jpg

Thats actually disgraceful from the official, he is in the perfect spot to see that.

He actually cant fail to see the ball is over the line. It wouldnt be possible

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fairly dour last couple of days. Got a hundred quid riding on Spurs (2 seperate bets, 9/4 last week and the Ladbrokes special). So with 60 left to play with, I've gone with these -

Boca Juniors Win to Nil @ 7/5 + 0-0 @ 13/2

and

Valencia, Man U, Liverpool, Real, Napoli and Twente @ 12/1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Atletico - Barca
    Atletico Double chance @2.5

Small bet to begin with.
    See how the day goes and i might put a bit more on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

need

united
    liverpool
    real madrid
    barcelona

for 550 quid

what do u think of these bets

ajax
    psv
    twente

evens

man united or draw
    liverpool to lift the cup
    marseille or draw
    valencia or draw
    napoli or draw
    barcelona or draw
    evens

sheff utd or draw
    spurs or draw
    ath bilbao or draw
    bayern munich win
    4/1

worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The odds on Spurs have gone up a little bit...wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal won now :pac:

anyway, I've done this accum for today:
    under 2.5 in Toulouse v Sochaux
    under 1.5 1st half goals in Brest v Marseille
    under 3.5 in Rayo Vallecano v Real Madrid
    under 1.5 1st half goals in Boca Juniors v Newells
    @ 3.88

Most of Sochaux's games go under 2.5, they're bottom of the table and they desperately need points, Toulouse concede very few goals at home, it should be a tight game.

Brest play very boring football and have a solid goalkeeper who's the main reason why most of their games go under 2.5, they've lost only 1 game at home this season (1-0 vs PSG), I can't see more than 1 goal in the first half, especially since Marseille are still without Remy.

Real Madrid don't score as many goals away from home as they do at home, I read on Marca that Rayo's pitch is very narrow so it should be hard to score, plus Benzema is out and I simply don't rate Higuain. Good value for under 3.5 here.

Boca Juniors beat Newells twice last season with the same scoreline : 1-0, it should definitely go under 1.5 goals in the first half imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

just placed a bet 225 on liverpool top 4 finish 10/3 with paddys big money but liverpool have arsenal and chelsea to come to anfield :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

real madrid have the easier game . knowing barca go to alt madrid tonight for the pure reason that jose can go 13 points clear and sit and watch barca playing a decent team later in the day . -1 at evens is a steal ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

50 on Man Utd -1 13/10

May do Chicharito Anytime just waiting on team news . Hes 1/1 at boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

I had a €20 free bet, put it on Real Madrid -1.. Rayo haven't been good at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Chicharito starts so 50 to score anytime 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Anybody think that over 4.5 cards at 11/10 in the Arsenal Spurs game is great value or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fonze07 wrote: »
    Anybody think that over 4.5 cards at 11/10 in the Arsenal Spurs game is great value or is it just me?

Depends how the game goes. I can see Spurs being fairly disciplined, Arsenal probly less so.

Arsenal over 20 points 13/10
    Arsenal over 30 points 3/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,862 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Utd without Ronney, a hugh miss for utd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement