Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I fancied Luton to cover the handicap until I looked at Hinckley's past results, they managed to hold Luton to 0-0 at home, and they score bucket loads of goals in their own league, Luton should definitely win but at 1/4 I wouldnt be too interested

supposedly its luton reserves playing and they dont give a toss about the competition.Luton had a tough draw at Southport on Saturday,they have to play again in the league on Wednesday against Mansfield and in league on Saturday. thy are desperate to get back into the Football League,FA Trophy is a nuisance to them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

seanhynes wrote: »
    supposedly its luton reserves playing and they dont give a toss about the competition.Luton had a tough draw at Southport on Saturday,they have to play again in the league on Wednesday against Mansfield and in league on Saturday. thy are desperate to get back into the Football League,FA Trophy is a nuisance to them

Interesting, definitely one to steer clear anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Wee 7/1 treble

Southampton @ 5/6 to beat Leicester
    Morocco/Tunisia @ 2/1 to draw
    Over 2.5 @ 1/2 in Veendam/FC Oss game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Thanks for the tip on under 2.5 in the Gabon match, Lass. I put it in a double with over 2.5 in the La Liga match tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Going for cards in the Morocco - Tunisia match
    Over 4,5 @evens

No clue about the ref but those 2 countries are rivals so might try to kick lumps out of eachother.
    Morocco's left winger, Assaidi, is a tricky customer. A joy to watch when he is having a good day.
    A bit on him to score at any time @4.33

7 goals in 15 so far this season for Heerenveen.

Got the teams on soccerway, hope they are accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

hefferboi wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip on under 2.5 in the Gabon match, Lass. I put it in a double with over 2.5 in the La Liga match tonight.

np, I thought that bet was lost when Gabon were 2-0 up at HT but we're lucky the players on the pitch were terrible and couldn't get another goal :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

As an Everton fan i'm tempted by the 20/1 to go down. Billy has left today so maybe Moyes can find a striker with the £5m

Manchester City h 0
    Wigan Athletic a 1
    Chelsea h 1
    Liverpool a 0
    Queens Park Ra… a 1
    Tottenham Hotspur h 0
    Arsenal h 1
    Swansea City a 1
    West Bromwich … h 3
    Norwich City a 1
    Sunderland h 3
    Stoke City a 0
    Manchester United a 0
    Fulham h 3
    Wolverhampton a 1
    Newcastle United h 3

At the moment we have 26 points and i predict 16 more max. Its gonna get tight and nerves will kick in if we only get 1/2 points from our next 5 games

hefferboi wrote: »

Lucky tonight. The first bet had to hold on for 45 mins and Villareal just scored the game's 3rd in injury time. Not complaining though :D

Grimsby tomorrow @ 6/4 away too Barrow looks good,

Grimsby on a 7 win streak hitting 25 goals, average 3.57 scored per game, Barrow are having an average season, 2 wins in their last 5.

Grimsby have no major worries, a lot of rumours that their star Liam Hearn has been linked with a lot of clubs, he's hit 22 in 28 this season and is on a lethal run at the moment 9 in his last 7,

Grimsby are actually 2nd in Europes goal scoring charts this season only behind Barca, http://toogoodtogodown.wordpress.com/2012/01/23/grimsby-towns-goals-galore-how-the-mariners-head-up-the-top-scorers-in-europe/

Barrows 1st choice keeper is out with a knock to the head and has bleeding around the brain, poor man. its gonna be freezing in Barrow tomorrow, so there may not be too many goals, hopefully a 1 or 2 goal win will do nicely

As long as Hearn starts tomorrow i'll be on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I must say 5/1 is an absolutely massive price on Man City -1, as is 17/10 for the straight win.

Liverpool have been less than impressive of late, especially at Anfield and City are just off the back of an important victory so confidence should be high. City need to win the game to make the final so they'll be looking to take the initiative.

Lucas prevented Silva from playing earlier in the season but with him missing I can see Silva dominating the game. City are well capable of winning big games on the road, with wins at Spurs, United and Arsenal already under their belt. Also Liverpool only got a real foothold in the league game due to a lucky goal just minutes after Kompany put City in front. City looked very comfortable up to that point.

As a Liverpool fan I think I'll be all over this. Ease the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

25 squids on Shalke to do the Bundesliga @ 12/1

35 squids on QPR to finish in top ten @ 8/1

40 squids on Kerry for All Ireland @ 11/4

plus 3X25 squid doubles

plus 25 squid treble

Hopefully pay for my late September holiday

5.5 is some price on bet365 for Crystal Palace tonight. They rested the first team at the weekend where Cardiff played their 1st team. And Palace have a 1 nill aggregate lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Cheers for the write up on Grimsby TB.

Going with a triple of,

Grimsby
    Anderlecht
    Sivasspor

works out at just under 7/1

The Turkish game is on at 4 so hopefully I'll be a third way there by the time Anderlecht kicks off.

Schism wrote: »

Going with a triple of,

Grimsby
    Anderlecht
    Sivasspor

The Turkish game is on at 4 so hopefully I'll be a third way there by the time Anderlecht kicks off.

I'm on Sivasspor too,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Odds on Sivasspor are dropping like crazy, 2.00 yesterday, 1.88 this morning, and now 1.75, I'm going big on Sivasspor.

Odds on Sivasspor are dropping like crazy, 2.00 yesterday, 1.88 this morning, and now 1.75, I'm going big on Sivasspor.

Was 2.1 when I got on yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

Schism wrote: »

Going with a triple of,

Grimsby
    Anderlecht
    Sivasspor

going to take out anderlecht and put in man city 12/1 well done as well TB your great for the info on here top man best of luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

As there is generally plenty of goals in the conference, gonna have a few quid on this overs 1.5 goals accum tonight..

Lincoln/Southport
    Barrow/Grimbsy
    Ebbsfleet/Tamworth
    Stockport/Telford
    Fleetwood/Braintree

Comes to over 1.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone who thinks City will win at Anfield need to give it some serious consideration imo. It's certainly not a result i'd dare bet on. A Liverpool backlash (from the Bolton result) is on the cards. And Liverpool rarely, rarely lose at Anfield... Just be cautious

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks City will win at Anfield need to give it some serious consideration imo. It's certainly not a result i'd dare bet on. A Liverpool backlash (from the Bolton result) is on the cards. And Liverpool rarely, rarely lose at Anfield... Just be cautious

I know Liverpool will probably raise their game and I don't think Liverpool will lose but I really think the odds on City are over-generous. I'm only backing it because I'm a Liverpool fan, so either way I won't be too disappointed.

I'd definitely wouldn't lump on it or put it in an accumulator. It's a game that could easily go either way.

• Advertisement

365 have markets up for Kettering tonight for anyone interested!

I know Liverpool will probably raise their game and I don't think Liverpool will lose but I really think the odds on City are over-generous. I'm only backing it because I'm a Liverpool fan, so either way I won't be too disappointed.

I'd definitely wouldn't lump on it or put it in an accumulator. It's a game that could easily go either way.

Haha fair enough. But i never bet with that frame of mind. It leads to a poor bank balance!!!

Haha fair enough. But i never bet with that frame of mind. It leads to a poor bank balance!!!

I generally don't either but I've had a good run recently and I fancy this for a one-off. Just don't want to be gutted if City ambush us!

I generally don't either but I've had a good run recently and I fancy this for a one-off. Just don't want to be gutted if City ambush us!

Even if i won a packet i'd be gutted. Pool fan also :(

Edit: tho i also always bet with my head. Bet recently on a 0-0 draw Liverpool Stoke and won, the winnings were nice, but the feeling of the result was worse!

Typical Liverpool though, not bein able to break down a determined outfit like Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

365 have markets up for Kettering tonight for anyone interested!

What ya think of the -1 gateshead, TB?

Headshot wrote: »
    What ya think of the -1 gateshead, TB?

I took the asian (-1) @ 1.85,and its already gone to -1,-1.5,

Now teams news yet but it looked like value, they're the only bookies currently offering an asian market so they're not basing they're prices on anyone else's.

I never take straight handicaps anymore,

Damn that -1ah would of been fair nice

didnt last 5 minutes after I took it, somebody must of hit it hard

Went for that -1 gateshead, wouldve rather the AH

A double of
    Gateshead (-1) @ 1/1
    Sivasspor @ 10/11

• Advertisement