Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

First post on here lads go easy went for an accumalator this wkd what do ya's tink lads QPR, Stoke,Liverpool,Celtic,Rangers,Birmingham and West Ham pays out 165 euros with a 5euro stake with boylesports worried about qpr bet the most I suppose there very unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Tottenham @ 4/5 +1
    Man City v Tottenham
    Match Handicap -1

Man United @ 8/5
    Arsenal v Man United
    Match Betting

AC Milan @ 4/9
    Novara v AC Milan
    Match Betting

Liverpool @ 8/13
    Bolton v Liverpool
    Match Betting

West Ham @ 4/7
    West Ham v Nottm Forest
    Match Betting

Sheff Wed @ 4/7
    Sheff Wed v Hartlepool
    Match Betting

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 134.83

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

toshy321 wrote: »
    First post on here lads go easy went for an accumalator this wkd what do ya's tink lads QPR, Stoke,Liverpool,Celtic,Rangers,Birmingham and West Ham pays out 165 euros with a 5euro stake with boylesports worried about qpr bet the most I suppose there very unpredictable.

I'd be worried about QPR too, i know Barton is back, but he's only been alright this season anyway, spends way too much time worrying about the likes of Twitter,

I've taken Stoke in a last man competition, really hope they do the business. I'm to the last few lads for a 2k prize

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

A few observations tomorrow.

Evens on Bury at home to Yeovil, to me seems excellent. Yeovil are struggling and Bury are pushing the top 6.

Stoke at 10/11 at home to West Brom is a no brainer for that price. WBA are languishing down in the lower echelons of the table and have lost Odenwingie to the ACN. This is
    added on to a poor result at home to Norwich last weekend.

Barnsley 11/10 to beat Milwall. Simple really, Milwall haven't won away from home all season.

Birmingham 4/6 to beat Watford. Birmingham unbeaten at St. Andrews still and are on a good run of late. I expect them to push on

Cardiff 4/5 to beat Portsmouth. Just the one away win for Pompey. Big game for Cardiff who have dropped points recently and will want to keep the pressure up on the top two.

€10 returns 240

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

seems a good bet toshy.. QPR would be my only worry though,could easily see that being a dull draw,little quality on either team..qpr were awful in the cup the other night, Should pick up a win though if they are to stand any chance of staying in the league,Mark Hughes 1st league game in charge aswell extra motivation for the players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

seanhynes wrote: »
    seems a good bet toshy.. QPR would be my only worry though,could easily see that being a dull draw,little quality on either team..qpr were awful in the cup the other night, Should pick up a win though if they are to stand any chance of staying in the league,Mark Hughes 1st league game in charge aswell extra motivation for the players
    Ye hoping the lure for a first league win for sparky will motivate them enough for a win..

CHELTENHAM v Bristol Rovers 7/10
    SHEFF WEDS v Hartlepool 4/7
    BIRMINGHAM v Watford 2/3
    CARDIFF v Portsmouth 4/5
    WEST HAM v Notthingham Forest 4/7
    STOKE v West Brom 10/11

Stake:5.00 Return: €120.21

Went with this for tomorrow. Cheltenham are unbeaten in 10, winning 8 of those. Also, Owls have only dropped 4 points at home all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

just had a quick look at everton v blackburn games there, the form book makes some good reading! I reckon Blackburn could get something here, from the last few games i've seen Everton in they've been shocking, although Blackburn aren't much better! Both team missing key players in Jagielka and the Yak.

Blackburn have 5 draws and 1 win away from home in 10 games. They’re the highest scorers outside top 5, and have scored in every away games this season including 12 goals in last 6 games.
    Everton only won 3 home games and 3 draws at home in 10 games. In these 10 games they have only scored 3 times in first half and only once in the first half of their last 7 home games. And altogether they have only scored 5 times in last 7 games at home, including Howard’s ridiculous goal. This weekend they only 4 fit defenders, including Shane Duffy making his 2nd start for them this season.
    2 of Everton’s last 4 games have been 1-0 to away side at HT, the other two were 0-0. Blackburn were leading their last 3 away games 0-1 at HT.
    HT score 0-1 is 7/1.
    Blackburn win is 6/1 and double chance Blackburn win or draw is 7/5. All odds with William Hill.
    I reckon i'll have a little bit on all 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

both teams scored in the last 12 blackburn away premiership games

10 of them games are from this season

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

both teams scored in the last 12 blackburn away premiership games

10 of them games are from this season

i seen that alright, i actually typed it up and deleted it, just don't fancy Everton scoring and not gonna chance it, think the odds were 10/11 or so?
    altho Blackburn do have the second worse defence in the league!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for an accum of

Stoke @ 1/1
    Espanyol @ 4/5
    West Ham @ 8/15
    QPR @ 1/1
    Four-Folds, 1 bet * €40.00

Jordan Rhodes wincast tomorrow @ 7/5

2 researched bets for tomorrow

Scunthorpe V Stevenage, Stevenage to win @ 6/4
    Stevenage have been fantastic this season, picking 12 points from their last 5 games has seen them fly up to a play off position, Scunthorpe on the other have manage just 1 win in their last 11 games against not so difficult opposition, there a shadow of their former side. I think 6/4 is an absolute steal. 3PM kick off Strength 8/10

Balzan Youths V Florianna, Florianna to win @ 6/5
    There's a big gulf in class in Malta between the top 3 in the league and the rest of the league, the cup shouldn't be any different, Florianna are coming off 4 straight wins scoring 16 goals in the process. Balzan are having mixed results but have picked up wins against lower opposition, also scattered with draws and defeats, they've never managed to beat Florianna and I fully expect that not too change tomorrow, early kick off 1pm Strength 7/10

It seems the rest of ye have the Premiership pretty much sewn up, so there's no point in me going into anymore detail on your choices, Chelsea look like awful value, and I cant see QPR picking up a win, other than that I'd agree with most of whats been said.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Few bets for tomorrow...

Barnsley, West Ham, Huddersfield, Swindon and Grimsby. 10 returns 125

Over 1.5 goals; Leeds/Ipswich, Scunthorpe/Swindon, Morecambe/Torquay, Alfreton/Kidderminster. 20 returns 50

Anytime scorer; Elding (Grimbsy), Connell (Swindon), Jervis (Preston), McCormack (Leeds). 5 returns 130

Good luck all

Just wondering why you went Elding over the in form Hearn for Grimsby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Voltwad wrote: »
    Stoke at 10/11 at home to West Brom is a no brainer for that price. WBA are languishing down in the lower echelons of the table and have lost Odenwingie to the ACN.

Nigeria didn't qualify. Odemwingie is still available. It's still a good bet imo but just felt I should point that out. Brunt is injured though which is key imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

toshy321 wrote: »

Dont back QPR yet. Im sure theyll get good players in b4 the deadline closes. I backed them midweek like a few others. They had their strongest team possible w injuries and bans, and they barely beat a league 1 team.
    Their disjointed, poor at the back and awful going forward. Unbackable until Hughes gets some players in

OH THE HUMANITY, PEOPLE ARE DOING ACCUMULATORS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Barnsley vs Millwall - Chamionship

Millwall haven't scored away in the Championship since October while Barnsley, although not always picking up results, have scored 2 or more in 8 of the last 10 home games. Throw in the fact that Barnsley haven't drawn a game since September and I can only see one outcome.

Barnsley Win -- 11/10

Empoli Vs Pescara - Serie B

Empoli have on of the worst defences in Serie B, in the last few months keeping more clean sheets away than at home (2). Pescara on the other hand haven't failed to score away since last April and have an impressive 2 goals per game average since. When you add in that Pescara are quite jittery at the back too the overs look tempting. 11 and 8 games finished over 3.5 goals for Pescara and Empoli respectively this season.

Over 3.5 goals -- 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Todays nap is: liverpool bansley freiburg treble. Enjoy ur winnings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Treble of:
    Ajaccio, Lille & Dijon @ 2.96

Lille play against a 4th division team, Hazard, Cole & co are all in the squad for this game. Can't see anything else than a Lille win here.

Dijon are a decent team at home, their manager takes the cups seriously, their opponents are 16th in the 2nd division, the former Chelsea player Kakuta could make his debut for Dijon. They should win imo.

Ajaccio play against a 4th division team, their morale is pretty high after a run of good results, the only thing that worries me here is that survival in Ligue 1 is their main priority, so I'm not sure what kind of team they're gonna put out. I've also done a double with just Lille and Dijon just to be safe.

Norwich win or draw @ 2.30
    AVB's luck has to end someday. Norwich have only lost 3 games at home this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

https://promotions.betfair.com/dixon-banker-january/?CID=9014469&PLA=7778424391660785

Interesting offer from Betfair, the gist is that in a 4 fold accum that has to include Liverpool away, if Liverpool cause the accum to loose they will refund your stake up to €100 (min stake €25). Now normally i dont do accums over 2 teams but between this whole forum we can hopefully pick 3 other certs:eek: - here are my 3 (for now)

Rangers @ 4/11 - aberdeen brutal away from home
    Braga @ 4/11- Rio Ave have worst away record in Portugal, lost last 5
    Benfica @ 2/13 - Gil Vicente, thay have only scored 6 and conceed 16 on the road
    Liverpool are 3/5 (better @ 4/6 with paddy:eek:)

Any thoughts??

Actually Fleetwood @ 2/7 v Darlington with Betfair may be a better option then Benfica but the goal here is to get a winner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

torres9kop wrote: »
    Todays nap is: liverpool bansley freiburg treble. Enjoy ur winnings

Great I love free money. Thanks man.

Radonman wrote: »
    https://promotions.betfair.com/dixon-banker-january/?CID=9014469&PLA=7778424391660785

Interesting offer from Betfair, the gist is that in a 4 fold accum that has to include Liverpool away, if Liverpool cause the accum to loose they will refund your stake up to €100 (min stake €25). Now normally i dont do accums over 2 teams but between this whole forum we can hopefully pick 3 other certs:eek: - here are my 3 (for now)

Benfica @ 2/13 - Gil Vicente, thay have only scored 6 and conceed 16 on the road

Any thoughts??

Actually Fleetwood @ 2/7 v Darlington with Betfair may be a better option then Benfica but the goal here is to get a winner!!!

Fleetwood, Wrexham, and West Ham are the closest to certs i can think of today

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gallyer

Thinking of doing Barnsley, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday in a treble.

May also do the foillowing accum, all over 2.5 goals:
    leeds v ipswich
    Reading v hull
    Notts County v MK Dons
    Shrewsbury v Southend
    Gillingham v Wimbledon.

Have had a bad run the last couple of months (only ever bet about a tenner per weekend so not down too much!) but my two bets came in last week so hopefully it'll be the start of a run!!

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Its frustrating that bet365 wont offer markets for the Kettering and Darlington matches

Poor show by them

Damn frightened bookies

no odds for Wrexham and Fleetwood from 365 is a bit of a joke at this stage

PP offering no odds either. Twats

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Apart from the very first match Kettering was in a mess, against Grimsby iirc, i dont think i have seen any odds on Bet365 for Kettering matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Fleetwood, Wrexham, and West Ham are the closest to certs i can think of today
    Radonman wrote: »

Any thoughts??

Just did a bit more research - min odds 3/1!!!

• Advertisement

Just queried the Games with 365, No Darlo markets due to the current state of affairs

No Ketts markets because the chat advisor told me wrexham played a cup game last night against Luton and todays game would be postponed! oh lol, the stuff they come out with

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement