Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Annie22

Has anyone got an update of what date they're working off?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Annie22 wrote: »
    Has anyone got an update of what date they're working off?

see post 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

midlands1 wrote: »
    Renewals are moving well now. Hope it was worth waiting for

there seems to be a slow down again. 2 weeks on 2/2??

when i rang today i was told still on end of jan :-(...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi i am a mom to four children,i have renewed my application back in december and I havent recieved any payment yet this was my main income so im going into debt day by day ive rang and rang and been given all different answers as to what date they are on i do know there is a twenty week backlog,just to verify im on my own with the children with no other payments only my work income.and i had a visit from an inspector a few weeks ago so i do know that they do call to people at times

hi i am a mom to four children,i have renewed my application back in december and I havent recieved any payment yet this was my main income so im going into debt day by day ive rang and rang and been given all different answers as to what date they are on i do know there is a twenty week backlog,just to verify im on my own with the children with no other payments only my work income.and i had a visit from an inspector a few weeks ago so i do know that they do call to people at times

You should go to the CWO while you are waiting.

The reason your claim isn't done is because its out with an inspector and this slows down the process.You should ring the inspector you dealth with to see have they returned the file to FIS because once it goes back to them ,it would be sorted out within a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 abellew

I contacted FIS this morning and they are still on the 2/2 my renewal date is the 23/2 and she told me it would be at least another 4 weeks. Can anyone explain why they can't take people from other departments to help with the backlog??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

you must be working in FIS,

abellew wrote: »
    I contacted FIS this morning and they are still on the 2/2 my renewal date is the 23/2 and she told me it would be at least another 4 weeks. Can anyone explain why they can't take people from other departments to help with the backlog??

im the 9th and getting pissed off..

a friend of mine got hers back last week after only 4 weeks waiting she rang and told them how broke she was..

arent we all!!!!!

yabadabado wrote: »
    You should go to the CWO while you are waiting.

The reason your claim isn't done is because its out with an inspector and this slows down the process.You should ring the inspector you dealth with to see have they returned the file to FIS because once it goes back to them ,it would be sorted out within a week.

Are you working in FIS,

Are you working in FIS,
    No don't work in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

My sisters was processed after 4 weeks as well. (payment through last week) No phone calls to the office, nothing different, though she did register the documents this year as she was worried they would get lost in the post as she has had issues in the past. 3rd year FIS. She couldint believe it. Was expecting to be 12 \ 14 weeks waiting.

She is not connected in any way to any one. She is a nobody as far as th SW as concerned. So no idea how she was plucked other than all her documents were in order...

No don't work in it.
    Are you long waiting for your FIS

Are you long waiting for your FIS
    Not on FIS,the job I have its not a problem to get info on social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

Not on FIS,the job I have its not a problem to get info on social welfare.

Do you know if they have started on 9th Feb yet? I agree the waiting is the hardest part! And surely we are all struggling, if we weren't we wouldn't have applied for FIS in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

called in today about my application, sent dec 2011. they are currently on nov 23rd. waiting times still around 20-22 weeks.
    My situation is a nightmare because the medical card application crowd wont make a decision because my FIS is pending, so waiting on my medical card 6.5 months.. YES 6 AND A HALF MONTHS!!! every time i call they say 10-15 days!
    I am a single parent, work part-time, earn minimum wage 20 hours a week.. so eating is a luxury at the moment. ESB came last week to cut off my power and bin company came to take my bin back because i couldnt keep up with bills. im always one day away from melt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

madonna123 wrote: »
    called in today about my application, sent dec 2011. they are currently on nov 23rd. waiting times still around 20-22 weeks.
    My situation is a nightmare because the medical card application crowd wont make a decision because my FIS is pending, so waiting on my medical card 6.5 months.. YES 6 AND A HALF MONTHS!!! every time i call they say 10-15 days!
    I am a single parent, work part-time, earn minimum wage 20 hours a week.. so eating is a luxury at the moment. ESB came last week to cut off my power and bin company came to take my bin back because i couldnt keep up with bills. im always one day away from melt down.

Sorry to hear about all you are going through madonna123, would you go to the CWO to tell her your story, with the ESB coming to cut off your electricity surely this is reason enough for some sort of payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

any updates guys?

mum37 wrote: »
    any updates guys?

no didnt get a min to ring them. sent an email last thursday through the welfare.ie site but didnt hear anything back. id say they are up the walls.

Started 9/2/12 today.

Started 9/2/12 today.

great news im the 9th :-) thanks

• Advertisement

Started 9/2/12 today.

That's great, I'm the 15th will hopefully get it in next couple of weeks:o

don't wanna but a dampner on it but it took nearly 3 weeks to clear 2/2/12 so depending on your PPS number it could be the secomd week of May before some people get paid who have 9/2/12 claims.
    EDIT: there was a Bank holiday and good Friday so thats 2 days lost ,more like 2 weeks for them to clear 2/2/12

don't wanna but a dampner on it but it took nearly 3 weeks to clear 2/2/12 so depending on your PPS number it could be the secomd week of May before some people get paid who have 9/2/12 claims.
    EDIT: there was a Bank holiday and good Friday so thats 2 days lost ,more like 2 weeks for them to clear 2/2/12

Don't get how it depends on your pps number, if I ring will they tell me when mine will come through. Have my youngests communion in 2 weeks and like everyone else in this situation can't buy any extras till fis comes through

Don't get how it depends on your pps number, if I ring will they tell me when mine will come through. Have my youngests communion in 2 weeks and like everyone else in this situation can't buy any extras till fis comes through

They will only be able to give you a rough idea but as I said the 2/2/12 took nearly 3 weeks(about 12 working days) so that should be a good guide.

All files are sorted in PPS number order,so if your pps number starts with a low number its gonna be nearer the top of the queue compared to someone with a 8 or 9.

They will only be able to give you a rough idea but as I said the 2/2/12 took nearly 3 weeks(about 12 working days) so that should be a good guide.

All files are sorted in PPS number order,so if your pps number starts with a low number its gonna be nearer the top of the queue compared to someone with a 8 or 9.

never knew this. seems an odd system

so ill hold off thinking ill get it for few more weeks.

someone needs to revamp the process.

the waiting times are getting longer and longer every year!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

omg could be a long time waiting, my renewal is 1/3/ so this could be a long time:(

busymom31 wrote: »

They neeed to have some system of sorting files and PPSN is a unique number,so its probably the best system to use.I cant think of any other way of doing it or it would be near impossible to locate files.Not certain but I reckon most schemes would use the same or similar systems.

The waiting time is actually shorter at the moment than it has been in a number of years. 10 weeks at the moment.

They neeed to have some system of sorting files and PPSN is a unique number,so its probably the best system to use.I cant think of any other way of doing it or it would be near impossible to locate files.Not certain but I reckon most schemes would use the same or similar systems.

The waiting time is actually shorter at the moment than it has been in a number of years. 10 weeks at the moment.

10 weeks isnt the waiting time this year.

we have gotten fis for 5 years and never gone this far into april.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Hi guys.Just to let ye know.Claim for renewal date 2/2/12 came through to bank account today.Hope that can give people an idea of where they are at

• Advertisement

10 weeks isnt the waiting time this year.

we have gotten fis for 5 years and never gone this far into april.

They are processing claims for people who were paid until 8/2/12 and today is 18/4/12 ,so to me that's ten weeks since they received a payment,I don't know how you could add it up any other way.Tomorrow it will be 11 weeks(11 Thursdays since they received a payment).

Advertisement