Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

in fairness, that metcheck site has Saturday as sunny all day.
    Met Eireann have it as thundery showers across the country :pac:

Accuweather, met.ie and anywhere else I can see is forecasting plenty of rain. I think it's a bit cheeky to mislead people using some unknown weather site that is going totally against forecasts elsewhere. I reckon they are just trying to sell their remaining tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭autotrader

Tusky wrote: »
    Accuweather, met.ie and anywhere else I can see is forecasting plenty of rain. I think it's a bit cheeky to mislead people using some unknown weather site that is going totally against forecasts elsewhere. I reckon they are just trying to sell their remaining tickets.

ah now, the weather forecast is for a bit of light drizzle, a few mm, nothing major and certainly no more than Irish people are used to.:)

It'll be grand, C'mon the lads!:D

http://www.myweather2.com/Golf-Courses/Ireland/County-Westmeath/Ballinlough-Castle-Golf-Club.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

autotrader wrote: »
    ah now, the weather forecast is for a bit of light drizzle, a few mm, nothing major and certainly no more than Irish people are used to.:)

It'll be grand, C'mon the lads!:D

http://www.myweather2.com/Golf-Courses/Ireland/County-Westmeath/Ballinlough-Castle-Golf-Club.aspx

That link has light rain all day on Friday, and rain showers from 6am-9pm on Saturday, with moderate to heavy rain with thunder after that. . Quite different than "It will be dry and partially sunny for the remainder of today and tonight. It will also be dry and partially sunny all day & night on both Friday and Saturday for tent pitching and exploring all that Body & Soul has to offer."

Tusky wrote: »
    That link has light rain all day on Friday, and rain showers from 6am-9pm on Saturday, with moderate to heavy rain with thunder after that. . Quite different than "It will be dry and partially sunny for the remainder of today and tonight. It will also be dry and partially sunny all day & night on both Friday and Saturday for tent pitching and exploring all that Body & Soul has to offer."

will ya stop, it'll be grand, wait and see..As I said C'mon the lads!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I thought that was pretty good on Youtube at least. They were great in Vicar St.

It's a shame they've only got an hour, though that's to be expected at festivals, I guess. I'd imagine we'll get a similar setlist to Primavera, which seems pretty good.

Dang, I missed them last time by getting by dates completely wrong having wanted to see them for some time now. I'd like them to have had an extra 30 mins just to appease me and get Cop Shoot Cop on that setlist.

Oh and there may be lightning on the Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

Anyone camping in the Scamp Camp that might be able to give me a hand pitching if the wind stays wild...? Don't fancy trying to pitch on my own with a 6 yr old to help, if it's as stormy as it is at the minute.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 puckrogers

Just realised they're not allowing normal vans into the campervan area. I was planning on bringing my (non-camper) van, have campervan ticket and everything. Does anyone know if they'd be sound and just let me in with it anyway, or will they be strict? First time at B & S and I've heard it's pretty relaxed but judging from their website the chances of getting the van in might be slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Roots-Sinead, if you're there this evening and spot a couple hawking a ridiculously young baby around the Scamp Camp, it might be me and my long-suffering wife - we might be able to help out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Heard reports on quite the mud fest? Can anyone share some insight into this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Heard reports on quite the mud fest? Can anyone share some insight into this?

It's rained alot.
    It's wet.
    There's mud.
    It's cold.

Not sure how much more insight I can give.

(This from friends down there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

lordgoat wrote: »
    It's rained alot.
    It's wet.
    There's mud.
    It's cold.

That's enough insight thanks very much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

lordgoat wrote: »
    It's rained alot.
    It's wet.
    There's mud.
    It's cold.

That's enough insight thanks very much :(
    Ah lads... I never even got my wellies. I've a pair of feckin canvas runners going down with me. Balls.

Is there a camping place there I wonder? EP stall cleaned up on the wellies one year.

any one down there able to give us an update on what its like?

I'm still in bed, about to pack:D gonna hit the road in the next hour

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Yeeeee--ow!

Suited, booted, and Army ponchoed!

Here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Heading there in about an hour.

How muddy is it?
    Anyone recommend a good area to pitch the tent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I can't get tickets on ticketmaster anymore!!!! Is there any other way to get tickets!??!?!?

Grimebox wrote: »
    I can't get tickets on ticketmaster anymore!!!! Is there any other way to get tickets!??!?!?

Tout less , Donedeal etc. you'll get one for 50 quid! Got 3 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7 altrock

Hey Altrok and Zhora,
    I'm going on my own too....well almost, I've a little person coming too so we'll be camping in the family campsite. Do you fancy catching up once we're there? We could meet up for a coffee or a jar and say 'hi' at least that way we know someone else who's there.
    PM if you're interested and anyone else too.

Hi, yes definitely interested in meeting up, has anything been arranged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

autotrader wrote: »
    Tout less , Donedeal etc. you'll get one for 50 quid! Got 3 yesterday

Can't buy them at the door no?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Has anyone seen tickets being sold outside the festival? Is there any point in going down tomorrow without a ticket to see what we can pick up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 7thminute

@guerito i was planning on trying that alright. the sneaking in follows it haha. do you think there'll be many people trying to get in tomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Eh, I'm not exactly advocating jumping the fence... Just trying to get a sense of whether it's worth the time, cost and aggravation of getting down there if there's no chance of getting a ticket. Going by the number of ticket requests (loads) on toutless and the number of tickets being offered (none), it doesn't look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

FYI this is officially sold out. As from their twitter:
    ALL TICKETS for Body&Soul 2012 are Sold Out including Sunday Tickets. There are no tickets available to buy at the gate. Hope you've yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I'm heading down now, any idea what's the weather like? Is there much mud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Well that was a good weekend

A brilliant weekend... Could have done a couple of more days....

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Very enjoyable weekend introducing our 15 month old to the joys of music festivals.

Heading down Friday worked out great. Dry weather makes setting up camp much easier, and the atmosphere in the woodlands that night was great. Donal Dineen's dj set a standout, although what followed him on the Reckless in Love stage had us dancing til the early hours as well.

Saturday required some endurance to get through the regular showers, but there were plenty of dry spells and indoor hangouts like Casa Habana etc. Spiritualized my musical highlight - would have liked too see them play for longer.

Hot tub in the woods was a great way to relax early on Sunday, and Kormac's big band got everyone dancing in the sun later on. M83 were good too, although not really my thing - a last wander thru the woods and then back to the tent for an early night.

Good times :)

Absolutely class weekend, really good vibe and no scumbags:)

M83 were class but little dragon were unreal:cool:

Really enjoyed Gaudi's set on saturday.

John Talabot was lashing out some sick tunes last night in fairness

I got properly sunburned yesterday:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pracky2k10

Absolute belter of a weekend! Great crowd, amazing tunes and just a lovely atmosphere all round..would happily have done another day today!! Back to reality tomorrow but with some cracking memories to keep me smiling :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm ashamed to say that I snook in...

I couldn't buy a ticket online on saturday and after calling them up they said there would be tickets on the door. Sold out when I got there at around noon :o I felt I had no choice

Advertisement