Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Gold Panda and WhoMadeWho....but mostly Gold Panda, gonna be amazing.
    Definitely Gold Panda. A thousand times Gold Panda.

Maybe Spiritualized on will be having a good day, but maybe they won't.

For those who have been other years, are you given the times/programme on the way in? Or do I need to take them from home?
    Didn't get anything last year. Print 'em off yourself is the best bet. Also once you get in the revised time table (to take in to account delays/cancellations) is put up in the information cabin somewhere in the walled garden, near the house/castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

tracert wrote: »
    Maybe Spiritualized on will be having a good day, but maybe they won't.

I've seen them 13 times and they've never not had a good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Tusky wrote: »
    Looking forward to John Talabot, Little Dragon, M83, The Herbalizer, Kormac's Big Band, Donal Dineen, - any other recommendations to check out?

Dunno if it's your cuppa; but I Draw Slow are great. 2pm Main stage Saturday, get you into the swing of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gatorade237

Gold Panda based off his latest album, although he's clashing with Villagers for the last half an hour, I'll do 45mins of both depending on how good GP's set is.
    Django Django could definitely be worth a look judging by their album.

Kormac's Big Band is getting a lot of recommendations for their performances. I'm intrigued.

Also if you arrive on the FRIDAY, B&S said they'll be giving out schedules at the entrances. Gonna webtext the times to myself in case that falls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

for anyone into their house/techno/bass, i'd recommend checking out Jacques Greene on sunday at 9pm:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

I've seen them 13 times and they've never not had a good day :)
    Excellent. They are an amazing live band alright, I'm only basing the "maybe not a good day" off the gig they did at Other Voices earlier this year. I'm not digging the new stuff at all but maybe I just need to give it a proper listen.

I thought that was pretty good on Youtube at least. They were great in Vicar St.

It's a shame they've only got an hour, though that's to be expected at festivals, I guess. I'd imagine we'll get a similar setlist to Primavera, which seems pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Get your wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

What is drainage like on the festival grounds? Is it welly territory after a few days rain or does the ground absorb it up well like it does at Electric Picnic?

I remember 4 days torrential rain before last years EP and yet, there no need for wellies at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

This post has been deleted.

Nice work!
    I had been doing my own old skool excel sheet, wasn't aware of Clashfinder - hope you can finish it when the small stages times are out for Sat & Sun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

Just had a quick check and it looks fine to me - will double check later before I print & let you know if I spot anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

What is drainage like on the festival grounds? Is it welly territory after a few days rain or does the ground absorb it up well like it does at Electric Picnic?

I remember 4 days torrential rain before last years EP and yet, there no need for wellies at all.

Last year there was a big rain leading up to the festival. They dealt with the mud by laying down straw everywhere. It worked amazingly actually! The only place it was a bit muddy was in the forest but that's to be expected. The ground on the camp site is nice and solid and flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Nice work!
    I had been doing my own old skool excel sheet, wasn't aware of Clashfinder - hope you can finish it when the small stages times are out for Sat & Sun :D

The times are up now
    http://www.bodyandsoul.ie/downloads.php
    I will do, would be great if you could have a quick check to see I've made no mistakes :-)

Thanks so much draiochtanois!

cosmic wrote: »
    The times are up now
    http://www.bodyandsoul.ie/downloads.php

Thanks so much draiochtanois!

I see Handsome Paddy is down for Casa Havana on Saturday - I doubt he'll play as his laptop & all his gear was robbed at No Place Like Dome - bad buzz, although I read that there'll be a fundraiser to help him replace the equipment, he'll never get all his tunes and stuff he was working on back...

the map is up there too for people who were asking earlier, doesn't have the carpark on it though...

http://bodyandsoul.ie/downloads.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I see Handsome Paddy is down for Casa Havana on Saturday - I doubt he'll play as his laptop & all his gear was robbed at No Place Like Dome - bad buzz, although I read that there'll be a fundraiser to help him replace the equipment, he'll never get all his tunes and stuff he was working on back...

that is f*ckin depressing.

he should get a sticky put up on Boards in the equipment/bands section - if there isn't one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

the map is up there too for people who were asking earlier, doesn't have the carpark on it though...

http://bodyandsoul.ie/downloads.php

I'd imagine it's out beyond the main entrance, which looks like quite a walk to the Nightowl campsite..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Has anyone made a handy print off sheet with all the times on one page yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bejaysus

Does anyone know from previous experience if there is access to the quiet and not so quiet campsites from somewhere else or is the main entrance the only way in to everything?

I was hoping to able to leave a good bit in the car but going by the map trips from the camp to car could be a good walking distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

for anyone into their house/techno/bass, i'd recommend checking out Jacques Greene on sunday at 9pm:

Damn that's good. Pitty he clashes with little dragon and M83 who I have to see.

sink wrote: »
    Damn that's good. Pitty he clashes with little dragon and M83 who I have to see.
    yeah i think i'm going to watch the first 45mins of Little Dragon, then go to see him for about an hour, then go over to m83. hopefully m83 will be a bit late starting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Long shot here, but is anyone in need of a one way ticket to Dublin after the festival finishes. I'm getting the bus down from Dublin, but gonna head on home to Galway to see the folks after the festival, so only need the ticket one way. Let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

So the carpark is THAT far away it didnt even get on the map?
    Cant say Im impressed facing multiple 15+ minute walks in the rain to my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

Yillan wrote: »
    Long shot here, but is anyone in need of a one way ticket to Dublin after the festival finishes. I'm getting the bus down from Dublin, but gonna head on home to Galway to see the folks after the festival, so only need the ticket one way. Let me know

I do! That would be perfect, PM me.

And if anyone else is looking for a one way ticket from Dublin to the festival, my boyfriend just needs the return to Dublin on Monday morning as well, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

E-mail from body and soul:
    Campers will be glad to hear that the grounds at Ballinlough are dry underfoot and the weather forecast is good too! It will be dry and partially sunny for the remainder of today and tonight. It will also be dry and partially sunny all day & night on both Friday and Saturday for tent pitching and exploring all that Body & Soul has to offer. (ref Metcheck.com)

Who are they kidding? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I don't think it'll be as bad as people think! (hopefully)

Safe travels to all of ye heading down. Play nice.

Anyone know what the story is if you want to get a bus back on a different day than you'd first intended? I have a Saturday-Monday bus ticket, but I may have to head back on Sunday night. Reckon they'd just let me on one of the Sunday night busses if needs be?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Yillan wrote: »

Have room in the car if u need to lift share back to Galway on Monday afternoon

• Advertisement

in fairness, that metcheck site has Saturday as sunny all day.
    Met Eireann have it as thundery showers across the country :pac:

Advertisement