Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭autotrader

I think it's 5 or 6k this year

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

What's the capacity at Forbidden Fruit? I know it's a different style of festival, but just trying to get it in mind. Never been do anything this size before.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

No, Body and Soul is deffo only between 3-5k at a max.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was talking to the fellahs who run Life Festival, their capacity is 5,000 so I reckon B&S is the same. They reckoned that if you go over the 5,000 mark its a whole different ball game, there is new health and safety measures introduced as well as an increase in policing the event. FF last year had a capacity of 10,000 people so I could well imagine that is was the same this year if not more as it was over 3 days this time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

I was talking to the fellahs who run Life Festival, their capacity is 5,000 so I reckon B&S is the same. They reckoned that if you go over the 5,000 mark its a whole different ball game, there is new health and safety measures introduced as well as an increase in policing the event. FF last year had a capacity of 10,000 people so I could well imagine that is was the same this year if not more as it was over 3 days this time.

It's 4,999. At 5,000 or over you need to get a special license and I haven't heard of them applying for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Just got an email to say I won a pair of tickets to Body & Soul from the Sunday Times! Delighted! Cheers for the link + code!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Me too.. thanks for the link !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Heads up: there are also competitions for B&S tickets from Havana Club at

Havana Club Ireland Facebook page
    goldenplec.com
    nialler9.com

EDIT: Here's another one:

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/06/13/competition-win-tickets-to-the-body-soul-festival/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

moonsun12 wrote: »
    Hello again,

If anyone wants to get a bus to Body and Soul from Cork city or knows anyone that does, could you/they please email info@buseireann.ie. This will encourage bus eireann to put one on,

Cheers;)

Did you hear back from Bus Eireann by any chance?

Emailed them a couple of days ago about this but haven't heard back since..

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Eod100 wrote: »
    Emailed them a couple of days ago about this but haven't heard back since..

And you never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Funkstard wrote: »
    Just got an email to say I won a pair of tickets to Body & Soul from the Sunday Times! Delighted! Cheers for the link + code!

Me three!!

Thanks for the competition info :)

BB

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Zhora

Didn't realise there was a body and soul festival thread and posted a question in another thread but would like to get opinions here from fellow festival goers.

I would love to go to this festival but no friends are available to go with and just wondering if I should go anyway on my own.

What do you think about going to it alone? Even doing the camping thing? Am female by the way and fairly easygoing, no problem chatting to strangers and meeting new people. Anyone else going to it alone this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 altrock

I'll be going it alone too. Haven't been to this before, just EP but line up is so fantastic I don't mind going alone. I'm female too and I'm sure it will be fine, especially if you're on for meeting up with new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

Me three!!

Thanks for the competition info :)

BB

Me four!! Actually I didn't see the email until just now, but received the tickets in the post this morning. Such a happy surprise as I was about to walk out into the torrential rain!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭leakyboots

gemi wrote: »
    Me four!! Actually I didn't see the email until just now, but received the tickets in the post this morning. Such a happy surprise as I was about to walk out into the torrential rain!! :D

I entered it twice and I got no ticket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

Hey guys, does anyone know if Bus Eireann will let you get a single bus ticket returning from the festival? We're getting a lift from Limerick on Saturday but need a way back to Dublin on Monday morning, don't fancy paying €30 for one trip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Zhora

Thanks for the replies about going to the festival on my own. Have decided just to go for it and have fun. Can't wait for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Raymysterio

go for it! great crowd! it will be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

Hey Altrok and Zhora,
    I'm going on my own too....well almost, I've a little person coming too so we'll be camping in the family campsite. Do you fancy catching up once we're there? We could meet up for a coffee or a jar and say 'hi' at least that way we know someone else who's there.
    PM if you're interested and anyone else too.

Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to which acts are on Saturday and which are on Sunday (and maybe the times that they will be on)? The official website just names the acts.

I need to leave on Sunday eve to be back for work on Monday and hoping I won't miss the acts I want to catch i.e. Gold Panda, M83, Hollie Cook, St. Vincent,

Thanks a mill,

BB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to which acts are on Saturday and which are on Sunday (and maybe the times that they will be on)? The official website just names the acts.

I need to leave on Sunday eve to be back for work on Monday and hoping I won't miss the acts I want to catch i.e. Gold Panda, M83, Hollie Cook, St. Vincent,

Thanks a mill,

BB
    nothing official out yet, but both M83 and St.Vincent's websites say they're playing on the Sunday.

nothing official out yet, but both M83 and St.Vincent's websites say they're playing on the Sunday.

Thanks ghostdancer and arrrggghh! Oh well fingers crossed for the others!

BB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Obviously a lot can change between now and next weekend but...the weather is looking ****ing grim. Torrential rain this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭autotrader

any one know what the story is with bringing your own drink in to the festival arena? can you bring in a cans and stuff or is it naggin in the jocks sort of stuff?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

autotrader wrote: »
    any one know what the story is with bringing your own drink in to the festival arena? can you bring in a cans and stuff or is it naggin in the jocks sort of stuff?:D

Keep it in the pants until 11! After that, tis grand tis grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

here's LAST YEAR'S map and times which might help a bit while we wait for this year's.
    i didn't think the music would be starting, or go on that late on sunday....

2011 times
    2011 map

Advertisement