Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭moonsun12

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a bus going to Body and Soul from Cork City:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭moonsun12

Hello again,

If anyone wants to get a bus to Body and Soul from Cork city or knows anyone that does, could you/they please email info@buseireann.ie. This will encourage bus eireann to put one on,

Cheers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I got into Gold Panda and Little Dragon in a big way since the start of the year. When I seen the B&S lineup I nearly exploded. Went to see Little Dragon at crawdaddys a few months back and they were amazing.
    Really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hey All,

Looking at going for a B&B or lodge for the festival this year. Is Athboy the closest town? The Old Darnley is there and might be the best bet.

Any other recommendations for this? Have tried to look for accomm in Delvin but doesn't seem to be much.

Are there normally many taxis/buses outside after the gig that do a run to Athboy?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Hey All,

Looking at going for a B&B or lodge for the festival this year. Is Athboy the closest town? The Old Darnley is there and might be the best bet.

Any other recommendations for this? Have tried to look for accomm in Delvin but doesn't seem to be much.

Are there normally many taxis/buses outside after the gig that do a run to Athboy?

Thanks

I think Delvin is. Google it or ring the festival.
    There will be taxis no bother anyway.

Did anyone see the 4 course meal you can get at B&S!? That's hilarious!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

Is there any volunteer driving up from Cork with space in their car? and willing to give me a lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

this is just over 2 weeks away, was I wrong to be expecting a lot more than 18 music acts to be playing? :confused:

suppose there could still be some announced this week but still...

this is just over 2 weeks away, was I wrong to be expecting a lot more than 18 music acts to be playing? :confused:

suppose there could still be some announced this week but still...

Yep, you were wrong. They're announcing them this week. Says so on their facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Lads, im losing the plot here. I feel like a child waiting for christmas eve!!! How can I wait another 2 weeks!!!!! I want it NOW!!!

I really just cant wait to get there. Its such an amazing amazing festival.

final additions:

Lee Fields
    WhoMadeWho
    Trojan Sound System
    Jacques Greene
    Fish Go Deep
    New Jackson
    Land Lovers
    Patrick Pulsinger
    Vondelpark
    Reid
    Moscow Metro
    West Cork Ukulele Orchestra
    SertOne
    The Bambir
    Donal Dineen

• Advertisement

Hopeful thinking but I wished Jape and ASIWYFA were on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Anyone know anything about the number of tickets sold? Is it expected to sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So what day is the volunteer orientation, do we have to come down on Thursday or is it just Friday? Also if any volunteers are travelling down to B&S from Galway and you have some room, throw me a pm, can contribute to fuel costs and I am good company.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jennebean

Anyone know what night little dragon are on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

This post has been deleted.

I know, I was hoping for him too.

I hear he's booked for the picnic though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any word on how soon tickets will sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone else get the Sunday Times today?

There's an ad for a B and S ticket give-away on the front page but can't find any mention of it within the paper..

Went on to http://sundayclub.ie/ and they're saying they're giving away 100 pairs of weekend camping tickets to it. But they're looking for a code..

Anyone know where this code can be found?

Thanks!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone else get the Sunday Times today?

There's an ad for a B and S ticket give-away on the front page but can't find any mention of it within the paper..

Went on to http://sundayclub.ie/ and they're saying they're giving away 100 pairs of weekend camping tickets to it. But they're looking for a code..

Anyone know where this code can be found?

Thanks!

Yeah I saw that. No code?

Outta curiosity, what is the age range for this?

A few of us going are just finishing the Leaving Cert that week. Don't worry we're not an Oxegen crowd. We love the lineup/Have been to Electric Picnic already.

• Advertisement

Found the competition code in case anyone's interested..

It's BODYSOUL .

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

There's also a competition on entertainment.ie to win tickets to B&S :) Good luck!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Found the competition code in case anyone's interested..

It's BODYSOUL .

Whats the one for Electric Picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Right I have put together a facebook group for volunteering at the festival, I am trying to create a carpool and info service for other volunteers to get to the festival site for Friday morning. https://www.facebook.com/groups/103642026444227/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Whats the one for Electric Picnic?

That's in this coming Sunday's paper I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

leakyboots wrote: »
    Any word on how soon tickets will sell out?

I think you'll be safe enough for tickets as most festival attendances are down on last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭autotrader

I think you'll be safe enough for tickets as most festival attendances are down on last year.

there was 800 left at the weekend so not many really considering a fair few people will buy last minute. like myself

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

autotrader wrote: »
    there was 800 left at the weekend so not many really considering a fair few people will buy last minute. like myself

I will be absolutely stunned if EP sells out this year. (Unless they've dropped the capacity drastically that line up is not good enough in qunatity or quality to have 800 tickets left at this stage)

Just for a laugh where did you hear that there are 800 (very precise) tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

lordgoat wrote: »
    I will be absolutely stunned if EP sells out this year. (Unless they've dropped the capacity drastically that line up is not good enough in qunatity or quality to have 800 tickets left at this stage)

Just for a laugh where did you hear that there are 800 (very precise) tickets left.

He's not talking about EP.

• Advertisement

what's the capacity of B&S?
    lots of competitions and ads around at the moment for the festival, usually that means it's not near selling out....

Advertisement