Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff your parents do that embarrasses you..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Stuff my folks said and did mortified me when I was a teenager...now not only do I realise they were completely right...i have become them, oh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gonzor wrote: »
    My middle aged, overweight father plays airsoft. Him and about 20 other middle aged, overweight lads (half them acting/thinking they're some kind of Rambo in the making) go out running around shooting each other with little toy guns and posing for photos which inevitably end up plastered all over facebook. It makes me feel like a d!ckhead.

WHat about ye lot, any of your parents do anything you wish they didn't :rolleyes:

Sounds like great craic tbh, good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

:D you'll get over it one day you'll join him

• Registered Users Posts: 34,689 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Your dad sounds like he rocks. Shame his son is so boring. Are you a teenager by any chance? Sounds like a case of sulky teen hormones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My mam has curly hair and its hard to manage. A few months ago she rang the hair dressers and asked them could she make an appointment to get her bush trimmed. I couldnt stop laughing :D She was mortified when she realised what she had said but still hasnt stopped her referring to it as her mad bush.

My dad still calls me "Pet"

Im 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

My Mum once farted really loudly in a crowded supermarket:o when we were surrounded by people. She must have thought it was going to be a silent but violent one, but instead it sounded like a rocket taking off in her trousers. Never heard her fart before or since, guess that one must have just slipped out! lol!

Talk about mortified:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

dogging

in the park beside my workplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

father is an untidy bastard... the mother makes up for it being a clean freak but ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

To be honest, I don't think Airsoft is as 'gay' as people make it out to be. I go out with my brother and his friends to play it. It's better than sitting at home on your arse play COD or your dad sitting on his ass eating crap and bringing heart disease/diabetes onto himself. So fair play to your dad going out there and being active.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Shouting your name in the supermarket

*shudder*

James Forde!

James Forde!!

James Forde!!!

Jesus Christ!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

My mother says the first thing that comes into her head, there doesn't seem to be any filter between brain and mouth.

The last time I was home we were up the town and we met some woman she knows. My mum started chatting her and asks 'How's Pat?' (husband) The woman said he'd died the week before. My mother goes 'You're joking?' She didn't just say it the once though, it was like she was on repeat.

Mum:'You're joking!'
    Woman:'No, he had a heart attack'
    Mum:'You are joking me, he did not.'
    Woman:Yes
    Mum: 'No he did not, you are joking me.'

I didn't know where to look, I was just willing her to shut up and I don't think the poor woman knew what to make of her either. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

When I was little me and my dad used to be "aeroplanes" where he'd pick me up by the waist and let me "fly". He attempted to do that when I was 12, in a public park. MORTOOOO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Sometimes if I'm out shopping for clothes with my mam she would be over the other side of the shop and would shout "What about this! Or this? Oh this looks nice!", holding up random items of clothing.

STOP IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

My middle aged, overweight father plays airsoft. Him and about 20 other middle aged, overweight lads (half them acting/thinking they're some kind of Rambo in the making) go out running around shooting each other with little toy guns and posing for photos which inevitably end up plastered all over facebook. It makes me feel like a d!ckhead.

WHat about ye lot, any of your parents do anything you wish they didn't :rolleyes:

Just curious:

What age is your father?

What is middle aged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

foxinsox wrote: »
    Just curious:

What age is your father?

What is middle aged?

Never understood the term middle aged myself.....

A fifty year old is sometimes referred to as middle aged, I don't know any 100 year olds though....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Imagine pics of your old man floating around facebook of him standing in his boxers and boots tied to a tree because he was "captured by the enemy"... :eek: Its all fun and games when its someone else's father...

This made me laugh - nay guffaw! :D

I get where you're coming from, Gonzor... if it was my dad posting pics of himself and his mates in his undercrackers tied to a tree, I'd be pretty mortified myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

They always piss with the bathroom door open

My nana used to always do this in the evening. We could never figure out why.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

number10a wrote: »

My mother does this too. She baths with the door open also. We live in a bungalow and the back door's always open so she's often caught sitting there by friends or relatives that walk straight in. :o

She has a tendency to walk round the house naked after a bath with all the blinds open too.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

we had sheep, and one year one of the lambs became a family pet, it grew huge, and would jump into the car when mother was going to town, so one evening i was walking down the street with my friends, mother sees me before i saw her, so she made a beeline for me, she stopped the car got out, the sheep followed, my mouth was open, i was speechless, embarrissed, i loved the sheep as a pet in the yard at home, but to see my mother coming twoards me with the sheep following on a busy street, i still shudder,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

goat2 wrote: »
    we had sheep, and one year one of the lambs became a family pet, it grew huge, and would jump into the car when mother was going to town, so one evening i was walking down the street with my friends, mother sees me before i saw her, so she made a beeline for me, she stopped the car got out, the sheep followed, my mouth was open, i was speechless, embarrissed, i loved the sheep as a pet in the yard at home, but to see my mother coming twoards me with the sheep following on a busy street, i still shudder,

I don't think you could start a post on a thread called "Stuff your parents do that embarrasses you" with three better words. :D The amount of different things I thought in the half second I had before the next bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

My Dad likes to take off out of the house wearing some of my clothes for some reason haha

I'll see him strolling out to the car in one of my tshirts he's found in the hot press or he'll grab my leather jacket and hat from the bottom of the stairs.

They always come back stretched twice they're size as well due to the middle aged spread, as i like to point out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I don't think you could start a post on a thread called "Stuff your parents do that embarrasses you" with three better words. :D The amount of different things I thought in the half second I had before the next bit.
    this sheep was a giant of an animal, you would see the wool sticking to back window of car, he used to take up the whole back, and start bleating, you see that day my mother was coming up this busy street she forgot the sheep had jumped out of car with her, there she was calling me, and the sheep bleating behind her hot on her heels, there and then i could have climbed into the first hole,

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

My Dad likes to take off out of the house wearing some of my clothes for some reason haha

I'll see him strolling out to the car in one of my tshirts he's found in the hot press or he'll grab my leather jacket and hat from the bottom of the stairs.

They always come back stretched twice they're size as well due to the middle aged spread, as i like to point out :D

You think thats bad :mad:my dad dresses like a middle age Emo wearing orange foundation ,eye liner ,Big hoopy ear-rings,wearing my mothers black high heel shoes and has a My chemical romance Black parade jacket. :mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Watching the X-Factor, saying "Fair play to the Westlife boys, they've their money made" and saying "Fair play to Kerry Katona, she's her money made".

Oh and buying the Sindo

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

about 2 weeks ago in a shop we were at the till and this 23-25 year old was serving us. out of the blue dad asks her what age she is, ht en when she answers he turns to me and says infront of her " you have a chance liam". im 17. embarrasing but funny . he does loads of stuff like that but i love it. he once told one of the foreign beggars selling agazines that they need to sell the farmers journal to do well :P was a good laugh to say the least. i love my dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

I learnt some tricks from my dad. Cannot wait to have my own child now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Don't get me started on my gran, some women for refusing to flush a jax.

Nothing worse than waking up for a sleepish pee only to discover
    a 5 hour old barry white staring back at you from the jax

GAWK!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Was at a funeral the other day and my ma was beside me. While waiting for the bereaved family to arrive my ma decided to "whisper" various news bits into my ear. By "whisper" i mean one of those loud whispers that sounds like one but is as loud as normal conversation. I could see an ould wan in front of me listening in to the gossip! Morto....

Advertisement