Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff your parents do that embarrasses you..

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

My middle aged, overweight father plays airsoft. Him and about 20 other middle aged, overweight lads (half them acting/thinking they're some kind of Rambo in the making) go out running around shooting each other with little toy guns and posing for photos which inevitably end up plastered all over facebook. It makes me feel like a d!ckhead.

WHat about ye lot, any of your parents do anything you wish they didn't :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

doddy once got me a beemer instead of a merc, and I was loike OMG Morto to Siorcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Have sex in front of me

My da's a motherf*cker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Ahhh Teenage angst, so yoor parents embarrass you and you hate them,

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

shooting guns and posing with friends...jeez sounds hugely embarrassing :rolleyes: , perhaps even the opposite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

The first time I brought my girlfriend home to meet my dad was totally embarrassing.

I brought her into the living room, she sat down on the couch beside me dad.

"this is Amanda" I said.

My dad jumped up, grabbed her by the crotch and said "ITS A FCUKIN WHAT"???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Leave your da alone op, he is happy, that's what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Manages to find to most sexually explicit scenes in films around Christmas time when the whole family are here. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Shouting your name in the supermarket

*shudder*

Manages to find to most sexually explicit scenes in films around Christmas time when the whole family are here. :o

What kinda films do ye watch on Christmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Your Da sounds like a fun guy OP :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Erm i remember when i was a kid my dad would slap my mams ass:eek::( I know your having sex just dont rub my face in it ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

GAAman wrote: »
    Have sex in front of me

My da's a motherf*cker

bet you were expecting lots of thanks for that one

for shame.

Shouting your name in the supermarket

*shudder*

Does he have a pet name for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

They always piss with the bathroom door open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

John Doe1 wrote: »
    I know your having sex just dont rub my face in it ffs

Jesus. That is really messed-up stuff. You know you can get counselling for that...

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Erm i remember when i was a kid my dad would slap my mams ass:eek::( I know your having sex just dont rub my face in it ffs

You played sex games with your parents, gross. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Max Power1 wrote: »
    bet you were expecting lots of thanks for that one

for shame.

Yup, i daily tell people in the street how many thanks i have and if i have told them and been thanked since you better believe i am straight up to them with the good news!

Or maybe i said it because i thought it was funny, you will never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

hondasam wrote: »
    What kinda films do ye watch on Christmas day?
    Show Girls!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

They always piss with the bathroom door open

This. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Gonzor wrote: »
    My middle aged, overweight father plays airsoft. Him and about 20 other middle aged, overweight lads (half them acting/thinking they're some kind of Rambo in the making) go out running around shooting each other with little toy guns and posing for photos which inevitably end up plastered all over facebook. It makes me feel like a d!ckhead.

WHat about ye lot, any of your parents do anything you wish they didn't :rolleyes:

Your Da sounds like good craic tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It makes me feel like a d!ckhead.

Your post makes you sound like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey, see that little toy gun... yeah, take one, go outside and go shoot yourself with it...
    What's that?
    The sound of you crying like a little girl???
    Yeah, that ain't no toy gun, that's a man's gun.... like your dad, you should be more like him, you could learn a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

If its a 'toy' gun then why is it 5 years in prison if you are walking the streets with one? They are considered Replica fire arms, not 'Toys'.

And OP, leave your dad off, he's having fun! He's not hurting anyone! Well.. Much! And at least he has his health and his life imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

PK2008 wrote: »
    Your Da sounds like good craic tbh

Imagine pics of your old man floating around facebook of him standing in his boxers and boots tied to a tree because he was "captured by the enemy"... :eek: Its all fun and games when its someone else's father...

Oh and woolyhat... I stopped playing with toy guns years ago. I play with the real thing these days .243 ftw :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I can't wait till my son is old enough to embarrass him :D
    I reckon it's one of the best parts of being a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The things they say sometimes! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Oh and woolyhat... I stopped playing with toy guns years ago. I play with the real thing these days .243 ftw :cool:

:rolleyes: What age are you? 6?

I'm in the lucky position of being the embarrassing one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

food shopping is a nitemare

she always robs the grapes out of the packs, goes along munchin on them. Tells the girl packing the shelf

"there really nice grapes, but jasus there too dear, ive had enough now anyway, cant eat too many grapes, they dont agree with me..." Aukwaaaaard!

Gives out when i dont take the free food off the lady with the mini cooker and white hat promoting things.

Then proceeds to drop a jar of pasta sauce with an unbelievable smash and blames me for movin the trolley out of the way. bloody wasnt anywhere near the trolley:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Imagine pics of your old man floating around facebook of him standing in his boxers and boots tied to a tree because he was "captured by the enemy"... :eek: Its all fun and games when its someone else's father...

By the sounds of it, he may not be your real da. Did your parents have a particulary whinging milkman just before you were conceived?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

My dad recently started using a computer to browse his favourite site ebay, yet he cant grasp the idea of entering "ebay.ie" into the address bar instead of google, the shame.....

Advertisement