Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Looking for another pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19. Seems hard to find online - most are either out of stock, don't have my size or have moved onto the 20. Is it risky to jumping for the 20s if I've been very happy with the 19s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

These are been sold on Ebay for up to €500 they must be faster than the Alphafly

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Lidl-Trainers/392858490335?hash=item5b7830d5df:g:JG8AAOSwcN9e~KFu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

MY BAD wrote: »
    These are been sold on Ebay for up to €500 they must be faster than the Alphafly

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Lidl-Trainers/392858490335?hash=item5b7830d5df:g:JG8AAOSwcN9e~KFu

They are all over FB too, new craze apparently:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Kipchoge has cut ties with Nike to run in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Looking for another pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19. Seems hard to find online - most are either out of stock, don't have my size or have moved onto the 20. Is it risky to jumping for the 20s if I've been very happy with the 19s?

https://www.prodirectrunning.com/p/brooks-adrenaline-gts-19-black-orange-silver-mens-shoes-1102941d683-201984/

https://www.theedge-sports.com/running-c1/mens-running-shoes-c2/stability-running-shoes-c82/brooks-mens-adrenaline-gts-19-p23751

Reasonable selection of sizes available there.

I have been wearing Adrenalines since the 14, quite a change when they got rid of the medial post and moved to guide rails but you do get used to them. I fould little or no difference between the 19 & 20, the 20 mighe be just a tad narrower in the forefoot than the 19 but it's minimal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

Ordered the NB Fuelcell Propel, €72! Coming to the end of my 3rd pair of Reebok Floatride Energy.

Need a change from the Floatride for a while.

Interested to know how you get on with those. I picked up a pair in Kildare Village before everything kicked off. Nice shoe but I’ve had a fierce issue with the collar cutting into the outer ankle bone if I wore them for longer runs. Still haven’t sorted that myself (admittedly, haven’t really read how to fix it either!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

racersedge wrote: »
    Interested to know how you get on with those. I picked up a pair in Kildare Village before everything kicked off. Nice shoe but I’ve had a fierce issue with the collar cutting into the outer ankle bone if I wore them for longer runs. Still haven’t sorted that myself (admittedly, haven’t really read how to fix it either!!)

There are a half a size too small!

BAck they go!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

There are a half a size too small!

BAck they go!

I had a pair of the propels and found the sizing odd, the size 8 felt short and the 8.5 was too long, so stuck with the 8 and wore thin socks. They are a great shoe and i think i got about 350 miles out of them before they started to feel very flat as if the foam had lost its bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭event

Nike having a sale and an extra 30% off with SUMMER30 so got a pair of React Miler for €70

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

https://www.prodirectrunning.com/p/brooks-adrenaline-gts-19-black-orange-silver-mens-shoes-1102941d683-201984/

https://www.theedge-sports.com/running-c1/mens-running-shoes-c2/stability-running-shoes-c82/brooks-mens-adrenaline-gts-19-p23751

Reasonable selection of sizes available there.

I have been wearing Adrenalines since the 14, quite a change when they got rid of the medial post and moved to guide rails but you do get used to them. I fould little or no difference between the 19 & 20, the 20 mighe be just a tad narrower in the forefoot than the 19 but it's minimal.

Thanks Glencarraig. Size 10s seem hard to come by. I know there are some on Amazon, but the price has gone up and I want a different colour. :P I'll consider the 20s. :) 19s served me well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

event wrote:
    Nike having a sale and an extra 30% off with SUMMER30 so got a pair of React Miler for €70

Was looking at these myself. Anyone have any thoughts on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

AMK has a pair....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

healy1835 wrote: »
    AMK has a pair....

Just a general mileage shoe for me - a bit heavy compared to others, but at some of the paces I'm doing my easy runs at (8+) , they work for me.

No pop in them, if you want a shoe for easy miles that'll last for ever, then these are your man.

I was expecting epic layers of cushioning - but no - just a robust running shoe.

Best shoes for speedwork?

(200's/400's/500's)

(200's/400's/500's)
    Spikes if you're doing them on the track

MY BAD wrote: »
    Spikes if you're doing them on the track

Would like to avoid spikes!

I'd say any racer or fast shoe that you are comfortable in is fine. I'll normally use Nike Zoom Fly or Adidas Adizero for most my sessions. I got the Saucony Endorphin Speed last week but I haven't used them yet

Zoomfly flyknit or adizero for me. Takumi sen were a nice surprise for faster stuff too.

As an aside, epic react flyknit 2 on Nike App for 74 quid with SUMMER30 code.

Zoomfly flyknit or adizero for me. Takumi sen were a nice surprise for faster stuff too.

As an aside, epic react flyknit 2 on Nike App for 74 quid with SUMMER30 code.

Cheers for that.

Have 2 pairs already and just bought a pair last night for one of my girls. :cool:

Have 2 pairs already and just bought a pair last night for one of my girls.

Did you find much of a difference between the 1 and 2?

• Advertisement

Did you find much of a difference between the 1 and 2?

I found the 2 much plusher on the heel - same feel on the run though.
    Great shoe all the same - a real all rounder.

I found the 2 much plusher on the heel - same feel on the run though.
    Great shoe all the same - a real all rounder.

Actually scratch that - I'm getting mixed up with the Epic React Legend - which has the plusher heel.

My 2 other pairs are actually 2's

Jaysus - I've too many pairs of 'everyday' runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Jaysus - I've too many pairs of 'everyday' runners.

It's been scientifically proven that you can never have too many pairs of everyday runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's been scientifically proven that you can never have too many pairs of everyday runners.

I approve of this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭event

Just a general mileage shoe for me - a bit heavy compared to others, but at some of the paces I'm doing my easy runs at (8+) , they work for me.

No pop in them, if you want a shoe for easy miles that'll last for ever, then these are your man.

I was expecting epic layers of cushioning - but no - just a robust running shoe.

MIne are landing from Nike tomorrow, got them in the sale for €70

For speed workouts, I have the Saucony fastwich (SP), love them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

How do people find the Reebok floatride energy and floatride run fast?
    I am not if I find them too spongy especially the floatride run fast which is their flat running shoe.

Tried the brooks hyperion(old) and asteria but not sure. What do people here prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I am not if I find them too spongy especially the floatride run fast which is their flat running shoe.

Tried the brooks hyperion(old) and asteria but not sure. What do people here prefer?

Picked these up in the 30% off sale - got them for €38 and find them great. Very like the peg turbo maybe not as light. Brilliant everyday run shoe for the price.

https://www.reebok.ie/forever-floatride-energy-2.0-shoes/EF6912.html

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Picked these up in the 30% off sale - got them for €38 and find them great. Very like the peg turbo maybe not as light. Brilliant everyday run shoe for the price.

https://www.reebok.ie/forever-floatride-energy-2.0-shoes/EF6912.html

I just got a pair for €45 and looking forward to running in them as my Daily trainer.
    I also have a pair of the Run Fast's and use them for races up to half marathon. I think they are a great shoe but i did have to change he insole (nike peg 35) as the one them came with were very thin and kept creasing and giving me a blister.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

I have the Floatride energy and find them to be a reliable daily trainer for easy, steady or long runs. A bit lighter than Brooks Ghost but not as light as Nike pegs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭4Ad

Saucony Endorphin Speed 175 euro..
    Do I really need them ?..No.
    Do I really want them ?..Oh yeah !

Advertisement