Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Slideways

I’ve been trying to buy a pair of the endorphin shift but nowhere I can find will ship to Aus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

I had them bought only to check my email saying they refunded me because they don't ship to Ireland. I would have used address pal if I knew that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Picked up a pair of Zoom Streak 7's on the Nike site yesterday. First time I'd seen them for sale on the site. With the 30% off, they worked out at just over 60 quid. Won't get a better racing flat for that price. Not that too many people are wearing those sort of things anymore though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

healy1835 wrote: »
    Picked up a pair of Zoom Streak 7's on the Nike site yesterday. First time I'd seen them for sale on the site. With the 30% off, they worked out at just over 60 quid. Won't get a better racing flat for that price. Not that too many people are wearing those sort of things anymore though... :)

Great shoe, have the Streak 6 with only 40 miles on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

How do people find the Reebok floatride energy and floatride run fast?
    I am not if I find them too spongy especially the floatride run fast which is their flat running shoe.

Tried the brooks hyperion(old) and asteria but not sure. What do people here prefer?

Got the Floatride Energy last year at good prices for easy/recovery days and have put over 800 kms on them. Showing signs of wear on the upper now. Heel-Toe drop a bit more than I like but still good for those days when I am back on my heels a bit.

Got the Floatride Run Fast 2 just this week and tried them out in a speed session Tuesday. Felt a bit ordinary at first but seemed to come into their own on the faster bits. Jury still out but at 65 euro, I won't send them back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

MY BAD wrote: »
    I had them bought only to check my email saying they refunded me because they don't ship to Ireland. I would have used address pal if I knew that

Start fitness will

Thanks but no uk10 there. I'll probably wait out for Nikes new version of the Zoom fly or the Adidas adizero pro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Thanks but no uk10 there. I'll probably wait out for Nikes new version of the Zoom fly or the Adidas adizero pro

I picked up a pair of Nike Zoom fly SP Fast last week from ebay, to replace a pair of Zoom fly flyknit. Very impressed i have to say, great cushion and responsive for faster runs, just a word of warning though, you would need to go up a half size. I have wore Nike for over 12 years always a UK 10, and while these aren't to tight they are a bit on the snug side

Ceepo wrote: »
    I picked up a pair of Nike Zoom fly SP Fast last week from ebay, to replace a pair of Zoom fly flyknit. Very impressed i have to say, great cushion and responsive for faster runs, just a word of warning though, you would need to go up a half size. I have wore Nike for over 12 years always a UK 10, and while these aren't to tight they are a bit on the snug side

I've a pair too. Nice shoe similar to the Zoom Fly. My only problem with them is that upper started to break down around the toes. I've never had a issue with holes in shoes at the toes before, probably the very light material on these. Only 200km on them when it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Slideways

Start fitness will

Thanks for this. I bought a pair from them, hopefully they don’t take too long to get down under

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I've a pair too. Nice shoe similar to the Zoom Fly. My only problem with them is that upper started to break down around the toes. I've never had a issue with holes in shoes at the toes before, probably the very light material on these. Only 200km on them when it started.

Oh no, don't like to hear that.

I probably don't do enough running for that to happen though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

4Ad wrote: »
    Saucony Endorphin Speed 175 euro..
    Do I really need them ?..No.
    Do I really want them ?..Oh yeah !

First run (8 miles steady) in the Speed yesterday and they are every bit as good as the reviews say. Legs were tired from the previous days runs, but that speedroll made it feel effortless. Cushioning is also great, not too soft but you know it's there.
    One thing that stuck me on the run was how quiet they were. Maybe it's the way they're shaped, but I couldn't hear my feet hit the ground. Just a really great, smooth run.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

First run (8 miles steady) in the Speed yesterday and they are every bit as good as the reviews say. Legs were tired from the previous days runs, but that speedroll made it feel effortless. Cushioning is also great, not too soft but you know it's there.
    One thing that stuck me on the run was how quiet they were. Maybe it's the way they're shaped, but I couldn't hear my feet hit the ground. Just a really great, smooth run.

Did you ever try the vapor fly? If so how do they compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

OH is out at work 4 days this week and new shoes have to arrive in the middle of lunch on the only day he's WFH :(

But on the positive, i got new shoes :pac:

Asics gel cumulus 21 (last year's model apparently has slightly better ankle support than this year's model). I'm hoping it's a good long run shoe, it's a while since i've worn Asics, last few long runs shoes have been Brooks (Ghost).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Got the new balance fuelcell rebel for a really good price. Haven't ran in them yet but super impressed on first fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Did you ever try the vapor fly? If so how do they compare?

Funny enough lockdown boredom has resulted in me spending way too much on runners the last few months so I have a pair of the Next%. I've only run one marathon pace session in them as a test 2 weeks ago and they were amazing. I would say they were springier than the Speed, but they didn't seem any smoother, especially not €100 smoother.
    Not even sure I'd say the Next% were more comfortable. Maybe over marathon distance they will be, but the Speed feels a little more natural and I think I'll get more out of them in terms of the range of runs.

What's the sizing like in the Boston 8's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Snug, small toe box as well, go half a size over what you’d usually buy for running

I love it but it’s got mixed reviews at best

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm a 9.5 in Saucony but a 10.5 in Boston or Adios. Nice shoes though.

healy1835 wrote:

Have a bit of a think before you buy them. If you didn't like the adizero I don't think you'll like them. I wouldn't buy them again. They're snug for sure. I'm a size 9 in all Nikes. With these, I shouldve gone 9.5. I wear my skinniest socks with them. I just don't think they're the lovely tempo shoe that they're advertised as. Now, the new balance fuelcell rebel, that's another story. Beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Have a bit of a think before you buy them. If you didn't like the adizero I don't think you'll like them. I wouldn't buy them again. They're snug for sure. I'm a size 9 in all Nikes. With these, I shouldve gone 9.5. I wear my skinniest socks with them. I just don't think they're the lovely tempo shoe that they're advertised as. Now, the new balance fuelcell rebel, that's another story. Beautiful.

I have a wide foot and I go a half size up in the Bostons or any adidas. I liked and still like the Boston 7. Low stack height for these days but if you like a responsive road feel shoe for 10k tempo it was good for that. Not unlike the Adizero 4s. For some reason the Boston 8s just doesn't feel as responsive, not sure what it is :confused: Having said that I will give the Boston 9s a go at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

Found them narrow..

Having said that I have only ran 10km in them as I dislike them so much..

Thanks to all for the Boston feedback. I think i knew the answer already, but sometimes a deal is so good you have to just double check :) I did indeed have a love/hate relationship with the Adios 3's (both pairs!) and just a hate/hate one with the Takumi Sens so it's probably best if I give the Bostons a swerve.

healy1835 wrote:
    Thanks to all for the Boston feedback. I think i knew the answer already, but sometimes a deal is so good you have to just double check I did indeed have a love/hate relationship with the Adios 3's (both pairs!) and just a hate/hate one with the Takumi Sens so it's probably best if I give the Bostons a swerve.

What kinda show are you looking for? Racer? Long run? Easy miler?

What kinda show are you looking for? Racer? Long run? Easy miler?

Replacing my Peg Turbo 2's. Heel tore badly the other day so sent them back and got a refund off Nike. No Turbo's in my size and fancied a bit of a change.... Bought a pair New Balance Fuelcell TC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Replacing my Peg Turbo 2's. Heel tore badly the other day so sent them back and got a refund off Nike. No Turbo's in my size and fancied a bit of a change.... Bought a pair New Balance Fuelcell TC :)

How many miles/kms were on the Peg Turbos when that happened?

Treviso wrote: »
    How many miles/kms were on the Peg Turbos when that happened?

Only about 200k. I don't want to incriminate myself here, but I may or may not have been slightly at fault for how I took off the left shoe in question...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Only about 200k. I don't want to incriminate myself here, but I may or may not have been slightly at fault for how I took off the left shoe in question...

Thanks for the reminder to take them off properly. I remember reading a warning about that in the reviews for them.

ariana` wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder to take them off properly. I remember reading a warning about that in the reviews for them.

The heel is quite pronounced and I'm guessing the dual foam didn't help either, but yeah I should have been more careful. Anyway, Nike are great for refunds and the like. A big reason that I always try to purchase off the official site if possible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

After an unsuccessful foray into Nike, I bought a pair of Saucony Guides yesterday to rotate with the old-reliable Asics GTs.

The Nike Zoom Structures just didn't have enough support for me.

Advertisement