Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

There is zero activity going on in the cinema or bowling alley. You can see from the front of the units as they are all glass fronts. I go for a walk before work most days and never see any workers coming or going.

I'd be very suprised if they would fit out both units in a 16 week timeframe but you never know. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

Maison Moli on the seafront is closing down on Sunday but from their post on Facebook it sounds like a new operator is lined up. Anyone know who/what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shaneo87ie

It looks like Butlers Chocolate and Coffee Shop is nearly ready to open. Still looks like there's no activity on Stella, Bowling, Penneys etc

Walked by on my lunch break today. Seen a scissor lift outside the proposed cinema and glazing removed. Something going on but doesn't look like anything significant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Peckham

Slightly off-topic perhaps, but I was looking at the planning application for the (long overdue) redevelopment of Fatima House by the DART station, and it includes in the attached in the application. This would involve O'Driscoll's bar on the seafront being demolished to facilitate a new access route to the DART station. First I've heard of this plan!

It's a random thing to include in the planning application as there is no reference to it elsewhere in the application and I'm not sure how it impacts on the Fatima House redevelopment application.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's very random indeed, albeit a great idea giving easier direct access to the sea front from the station rather than going over the bridge or level crossing. I must admit though that O'Driscolls bar must have escaped my attention for the last 20+ years I've lived here as I had to consult Google maps to discover where it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Peckham

Presumably it also forms part of Irish Rail's desire to permanently close the level crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Isn't O'Driscoll's the pub where Guards go? It seems like a dramatic move alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Is O'Driscolls also known as Jackies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Yes, it is! Would be heartbroken if they closed or sold up to facilitate what is depicted in that planning application. Best pint of Guinness in Bray and easily the best place to watch rugby too.

I have great memories going in their with my grandfather on his walks of the prom "for his health", no doubt served better by the two pints he had in Jackies on the way home!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Having access to platform from seafront is a great idea.

I'd say Jackie O' Driscoll must be looking to sell up. he must be near retirement age and I was in the pub a few weeks ago on a Saturday evening, not very busy, which it should be due to location and place looked very dated and not changed since the 1990s.

Guessing they'd love a CPO from Irish Rail to complete those plans.

Be a shame to see O'Drisscols go. Great spot for watching the Golf and nice alternative to most of the other pubs on the seafront.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,885 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

what's the building behind O'Driscolls, that would have to go as well right?

Funny to see how things are connected, that's the crappy flea market at the bottom of lane beside Platform Pizza,

Would be no loss to see that go.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

That's the flea market isn't it?

I didn't even know that was there - I presume it's the same one that used to be in the Platform Pizza / SW building?

what was that building originally, looks like an old factory.

Was a labour exchange once if memory serves me correct.

No that's the building directly above Platform.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that’s what I meant. I thought that’s what the poster was referring to. Are they talking about where the flea market is now?

yes, I remember it being in the other building, but what was the building that it's in now, previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's a building owned by the duggans I think where they sell all sorts of bric a brac at a market

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yes. This building is where that market is now.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

O’Driscoll’s is a great little boozer for a quite pint. Really hope it stays put. 

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shaneo87ie

I spotted this too when looking at the Fatima House plans. A little blunder I'd imagine, uploaded the wrong document into the folder. In fairness it looks great.

Butler's Chocolate Cafe opened late last week. Not been yet but pictures I've seen look nice.

Think it's a good addition to Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

It is.

I'll stick with the Italians but great to see a known Irish brand having faith in the town.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

This says Holland and Barrett and Sally's Ice Cream opening soon and the Cinema fit out has begun

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement