Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Turf Wickets

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bobo148

Cots wrote: »
    Sorry mate know this might be a bit off topic but are you the 'tarf Bobo?

No, why? Are you the 'nure cots?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cots

Bobo148 wrote: »
    No, why? Are you the 'nure cots?

Yeah I am actually, no real reason just would affect future responses due to things he's said to me on the pitch

Cots wrote: »
    Yeah I am actually, no real reason just would affect future responses due to things he's said to me on the pitch

Why would something like that affect your perception of what they say? Unless you thought that they were incapable of rational thought? It would be a shame to think that of someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cots

Why would something like that affect your perception of what they say? Unless you thought that they were incapable of rational thought? It would be a shame to think that of someone.

Considering your not him I'm not going to give my reasons accross this to you as it would be inappropriate, but they are very real reasons

Nothing more to add plates? Run out of steam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Nothing more to add plates? Run out of steam?

Back from under your bridge I see.

I normally run out of steam around early September. Is there an outstanding question I need to answer - or should I repeat my arguments again just to keep this thread active?

Interesting developments in England. Looks like the Football League are reviewing the ban on artificial pitches for first team matches:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20120216/league-to-consult-on-artificial-surfaces_2293334_2612709

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

been under discussion for quite a long time now. Dundalk have had one in the league of ireland since 2005. Last season or so its been a disgrace because it isn't properly cared for. Much like a lot of artificial wickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The general consensus in football seems to be that most cant stand playing on artifical pitches (they all seem to give out about playing in Russia for example). I could be wrong about this but Im not sure how many clubs will actually go down the road of an artifical pitch.

Im not really sure how this impacts cricket anyway; an artifical pitch in cricket has far more impact on the game than an artifical pitch in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

in football they can be used by lower league clubs to generate extra income because you can rent the pitch out with out worrying about the level of damage that you would get with a grass pitch. As you say most teams don't like playing on them but they are seen as being beneficial to the home team as they play slightly differently and it takes a while to get used to it.

• Advertisement

djimi wrote: »
    an artifical pitch in cricket has far more impact on the game than an artifical pitch in football.

Couldn't agree more djimi - a top quality artificial wicket trumps many of the grass wickets in Leinster cricket at the moment and enables a much higher quality of cricket - with benefits for good batsmen and bowlers alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Theres no point in reigniting this debate again...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭selwyn

Anyone know where a club could purchase a 2nd hand artificial wicket mat of match standard?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Please start your own thread - dragging up old threads is frowned upon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement