Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

deaglan169 wrote: »
    ive noticed a nice increase in speed from the 1mb cap getting nearly 2mb now:D

Yes some recent upgrades mean the cap is now 2mb. Doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get 2mb as normal mobile conditions apply

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi,

I'm planning to port my O2 number over to Tesco Mobile in the coming weeks and I see on the Tesco Mobile website that it asks what 089 SIM you are porting to.

I have a question which I am hoping someone may able to advise me on:

- If I buy a Tesco SIM & €10 top up (to get the SIM for free), will I lose the Tesco credit I put on the Tesco SIM when my 086 number ports over to it? (I know I'll lose any leftover O2 credit).

Thanks in advance!

No you don't lose any credit from porting, its the same account - just the number changes.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lovephones

Hi paul , I was just browsing the phones on your site and just thought I'd bring it to your attention that the Nokia x7 is listed as having android os , as far as I can see its Symbian unless this is a new version ?
    May be a problem if someone ordered it thinking they were getting an android ?
    I'm sure you will be able to get it changed to avoid confusion :)

Thanks, yes an error. Will have that fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

tesco paul,

hi back again I am having problems sending picture messages.
    It comes up on the phone that the message is sending but takes a long time and then it does not send any suggestions of what might be wrong

thanks James

jamescc wrote: »
    tesco paul,

hi back again I am having problems sending picture messages.
    It comes up on the phone that the message is sending but takes a long time and then it does not send any suggestions of what might be wrong

thanks James

Hi James,

What phone have you got again? Have you ever been able to send picture messages?

regards
    Paul

Hi James,

What phone have you got again? Have you ever been able to send picture messages?

regards
    Paul

Iphone 4s. I was but it takes a long time and then I get a message that I cannot send or sending failed.
    I am on pay monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Hi Paul,
    Just ported over this week to PAYG to start with, ordered month-long internet bundle and working fine... but then noticed some of my credit was eaten after two days into the bundle for "GPRS Basic Service" between free internet usages with the same label. Only 21c but is there any reason for this you can think of? Seems completely random and want to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Greg

nephster wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    Just ported over this week to PAYG to start with, ordered month-long internet bundle and working fine... but then noticed some of my credit was eaten after two days into the bundle for "GPRS Basic Service" between free internet usages with the same label. Only 21c but is there any reason for this you can think of? Seems completely random and want to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Greg

Hi Greg, sometimes a session can start before the bundle is purchased but can take a good while maybe up to day to actually close and register as a charge (and this can be after bundle purchase). Ususally we recommend you set your phone to airplane mode and back after purchasing the bundle to make sure all data from that point forward is in bundle.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Hi Greg, sometimes a session can start before the bundle is purchased but can take a good while maybe up to day to actually close and register as a charge (and this can be after bundle purchase). Ususally we recommend you set your phone to airplane mode and back after purchasing the bundle to make sure all data from that point forward is in bundle.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,
    Mobile data was deliberately turned off before I bought the bundle, and the phone rebooted numerous times to root it etc. in that time so I'm pretty sure that's not it!
    As I said, only 21c, but as Tesco say, every little helps! I'd be annoyed if it happens again...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

Hi Paul

need a microSIM as getting a new phone.How to go about it

vicM wrote: »
    Hi Paul

need a microSIM as getting a new phone.How to go about it

Hi there

Drop care a message here and they will sort you out.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

cheers
    Paul

nephster wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    Mobile data was deliberately turned off before I bought the bundle, and the phone rebooted numerous times to root it etc. in that time so I'm pretty sure that's not it!
    As I said, only 21c, but as Tesco say, every little helps! I'd be annoyed if it happens again...

Hi Nephster

Well you definitely shouldnt be charged where your bundle was active and the phone had been rebooted since the purchase.

PM me your number and I will check so more.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sky Go android app doesn't work on tesco mobile, disappointed with this. Because Tesco mobile is using o2 as its carrier, the app thinks I am roaming and it displays the message "It is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming".

Works fine over wifi if you enable flight mode or take the sim card out but using it over 3G is a no go. Just a warning for anyone planning on using it.

jamescc wrote: »
    Iphone 4s. I was but it takes a long time and then I get a message that I cannot send or sending failed.
    I am on pay monthly.

Hi James

Sorry about the delay on this.

You should only need the settings below.

Settings for iPhone

1. Put the Tesco Mobile SIM in unlocked iPhone and perform normal setup via iTunes

2. Go to Settings->General->Network and Turn Data Roaming On

3. Also in Settings->General->Network go to Mobile Data Network
    Put APN and MMS proxy details in as below

a) Enter the following details into Mobile Data at the top of the section.

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Username: leave empty
    Password: leave empty

b) Enter following details into the MMS section.

MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080
    Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL : leave empty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

just wondering will ye be ranging the Sony Mobile Xperia S ?

billbond4 wrote: »

Not sure Bill will check it out.
    Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

billbond4 wrote: »

Not sure Bill will check it out.
    Regards
    Paul

Cheers Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

I am currently in Germany and am experiencing a weird problem: I can ring German landlines no problem, but trying to ring someone who is also in Germany using a (irish)Tesco Mobile phone is impossible, either of us gets the message that the number is currently unavailable. Help!!!

• Advertisement

morgana wrote: »
    I am currently in Germany and am experiencing a weird problem: I can ring German landlines no problem, but trying to ring someone who is also in Germany using a (irish)Tesco Mobile phone is impossible, either of us gets the message that the number is currently unavailable. Help!!!

Hi there

Are you using full international prefixes like +35389....

This is likely the problem as if you dial 089.... It thinks it's a german number

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Texting "Balance" to 1744 now works for bill pay customers.

Also Text SPEND to 1744 to show your current spend outside rental for this billing period

Hi James

Sorry about the delay on this.

You should only need the settings below.

Settings for iPhone

1. Put the Tesco Mobile SIM in unlocked iPhone and perform normal setup via iTunes

2. Go to Settings->General->Network and Turn Data Roaming On

3. Also in Settings->General->Network go to Mobile Data Network
    Put APN and MMS proxy details in as below

a) Enter the following details into Mobile Data at the top of the section.

Username: leave empty
    Password: leave empty

b) Enter following details into the MMS section.

MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080
    Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL : leave empty

sorry paul I did not see your post.
    I am trying it now I will get back to you thanks, paul

Hi,

I'm planning on porting my number to Tesco Mobile in the next few days. Is there an offer currently on for doing so? Just wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

digitaldr wrote: »
    Texting "Balance" to 1744 now works for bill pay customers.

Are you charged for this txt or does it come out of your txt bundles?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

byrnefm wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm planning on porting my number to Tesco Mobile in the next few days. Is there an offer currently on for doing so? Just wondering!

think something to do with 250 club card points and a further 750 if you to up by a certain amount within a month

Thanks! I've filled in the details on the Tesco Mobile website to port ny existing number over. Wonder how long it'll take :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi,

The Tesco 'new customer reward' is aprox. €10 in Tesco vouchers via 750 points (€7.50) when you register your Clubcard & top up by €10 or more every month for the first 3 months and 250 points (€2.50) when you port your number.

It is a poor 'new customer reward' in relative terms. Meteor, for example, give new customers €240.00 in free phone credit when you port to Meteor and satisfy their terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks! I've filled in the details on the Tesco Mobile website to port ny existing number over. Wonder how long it'll take :)

Normally a few hours. Sometimes longer.

Advertisement