Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

morgana wrote: »
    Any info on when data roaming will be available for PAYG phones? I would like to be able to fully use my Galaxy Mini when in Germany.

Its not too far off, maybe 1-2 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭ofcork

Hi i want to port to tesco in april when finished with vf but looking at the forms they look for a new 089 number in the required fields,i want to keep my number and phone so how does this work.

Yes you can keep your number. All our sims come with an 089 number and then you port your own number In over it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭ofcork

So i have to pop into a tesco store and buy a sim when the time comes yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

ofcork wrote: »
    So i have to pop into a tesco store and buy a sim when the time comes yes.

Or you just go on-line, order a free SIM and Tescomobile will post it out to you very quickly -
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

hi Paul

can you let me know what settings i need to send/recieve mms on the galaxy mini. I tried the settings given on page 5 but it didnt work.

Im also going to PM you with a query re my clubcard registration-if you could take a look

thanks

shannon82 wrote: »
    hi Paul

can you let me know what settings i need to send/recieve mms on the galaxy mini. I tried the settings given on page 5 but it didnt work.

Im also going to PM you with a query re my clubcard registration-if you could take a look

thanks

Hi Shannon

Please follow the instructions below exactly and it should work fine.

Will respond to your PM now.

1. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks and turn on Data Roaming

2. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.

3. Create a new Internet APN with settings
    Name: TMI Internet APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: default, supl
    (sometimes for APN Type setting you are only allowed choose froma list. If so choose Internet or default)

4. Create a new MMS APN with settings
    Name: TMI MMS APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: mms

5. Reboot your phone

regrads
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Hi Paul,

Id like you to pass this message onto your returns people for me please. I got a Mojo Chat from yourselfs and I was very disapointed with the coverage. So much that I cancelled my contract within the 14 days and waitind 2 weeks to get the return "bag", This bag turned out to be a padded enevlope about 6 x 10 inchs in size and the phone box to be returned is thepretty much same width as the enevlope. Also I when I cancelled the contract I wasn't made aware I would have to pay for the return cost. I don't mind doing it as it is the norm if you are posting something but I do mind not being told id have to do it.

Bascially they sent me out a padded enevlope that is wayyyyyyy too small for the return and did not make me aware of the cost i would incure sending it back due to very network coverage for 11 days straight.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you will pass it on as it puts a very dim view on tesco mobile from customers who experience the same thing.

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Id like you to pass this message onto your returns people for me please. I got a Mojo Chat from yourselfs and I was very disapointed with the coverage. So much that I cancelled my contract within the 14 days and waitind 2 weeks to get the return "bag", This bag turned out to be a padded enevlope about 6 x 10 inchs in size and the phone box to be returned is thepretty much same width as the enevlope. Also I when I cancelled the contract I wasn't made aware I would have to pay for the return cost. I don't mind doing it as it is the norm if you are posting something but I do mind not being told id have to do it.

Bascially they sent me out a padded enevlope that is wayyyyyyy too small for the return and did not make me aware of the cost i would incure sending it back due to very network coverage for 11 days straight.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you will pass it on as it puts a very dim view on tesco mobile from customers who experience the same thing.

Thanks for the feedback Gareth and apologies for what was a very poor experience.

I will review this with our team responsible for the returns/repair process and hopefully your experience will lead to some improvements in the process for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Paul
    Are Tesco roaming rates (making calls/receiving calls) per minute or per call?
    The Web section on roaming charges does not specify.
    Thanks
    K

• Advertisement

Hi Kaisr

It's per minute

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Paul,
    Do you know if this issue has been resolved yet? I've spent hours on the phone with customer service going all the way back to last September. It's very frustrating!

Hi there

Sorry for the trouble on this one. I am assured it is to be resolved this week

regards
    Paul

Paul, do you know if the debit card issue has been resolved?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Paul, do you know if the debit card issue has been resolved?
    Thanks

Any update on this available?

Any update on this available?

Yes this was resolved I believe. are you still having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Hi Paul

Unable to make any outbound calls at moment from 2 numbers in Dublin 13 area, is there a known issue in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

not able to make calls here in dublin 11 either!:( Probably upgrading speeds or something;)

Hi All

Yes, there are voice issues at the moment affecting a significant number of customers. Will update more shortly.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

Man down here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

emo72 wrote: »
    Man down here too.

im down as well, receiving calls is fine but cant make any calls

Yes, issue seems to be mainly affecting outbound calls. text and data OK.

Expecting an update very shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

Yes, issue seems to be mainly affecting outbound calls. text and data OK.

Expecting an update very shortly.

Seems to be working fine again in dunlaoghaire area i can make calls again, but for how long!!!!!!

Should be back for nearly everyone now and full resolution is nearly there.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

My upc broadband and telly went this morning. Then my tesco mobile went. I thought the alien invasion/armageddon had finally begun . And all I could think was "on a Friday ! Why Jesus ? I'm okay now though.

emo72 wrote: »
    My upc broadband and telly went this morning. Then my tesco mobile went. I thought the alien invasion/armageddon had finally begun . And all I could think was "on a Friday ! Why Jesus ? I'm okay now though.

And not even the Friday the 13th Emo!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Paul,

Please see here - sorry I started a thread and then only spotted this one -

It's only with outgoing SMS, can you give me an update

Cheers
    Vic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056558710

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 apr

Hi!

My mobile LG P500 Optimus One

I arrived in Ireland and got the tesco sim-card for free and put 10 euros of credit (topup) read about Data Bundles (Text "Date" to 174209. Cost of your bundle will be deducted from your credit balance) to send the message but internet does not work, why?

I tried to configure wap and mms did not work as well as link below:

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/getting-started.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 apr

I deleted the word "default" in Type APN and wrote default again

I enabled the option Data Roaming not know now what triggered the internet.

it worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

ive noticed a nice increase in speed from the 1mb cap getting nearly 2mb now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

I'm told Tesco Mobile will be getting the top-of-the-range Galaxy Nexus over the coming days/weeks.

• Advertisement

Yes that is true

Advertisement