Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: November 25th 2011

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

hondasam wrote: »
    You will be that cute one from one Erection.

:eek::eek:

the interracial theme kind of distracts from the main story.. it keeps jumping back in to the story ... when it's completely peripheral... (I surely must get bonus thanks for being able to spell peripheral at this hour, after this much beer)

edit: and dont forget the very odd band.. wtf have they to do with the storyline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

:eek::eek:

the interracial theme kind of distracts from the main story.. it keeps jumping back in to the story ... when it's completely peripheral... (I surely must get bonus thanks for being able to spell peripheral at this hour, after this much beer)

Does Anne Hathaway know you suffer from brewers droop? :eek:
    I'm on a winning streak with my young fella :p:pac:

Have a feeling she's gonna have a complete meltdown any time soon..

She looks a bit like kiera knightley there.

That was surprisingly good..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

That was surprisingly good..

You're simply feeling the effectstacies of the vasectomy drugs you're on.

You're simply feeling the effectstacies of the vasectomy drugs you're on.

Possibly .. or possibly anything seems good after seeing tonight's Late Late Show..

Night everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Charity2020

This is a great cause. It will be a huge success.
    The voices are a bit dodgy, but people will buy for a laugh and to support a wonderful cause.
    Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

They're still better than One Direction..

I think collectively they are known as Seriously Lacking Direction ...

Lise Hand in the Indo was thinking along the same lines.......
    'Late, Late' goes from One Direction to No Direction as TDs burst into song

By Lise Hand

Saturday November 26 2011

There were about 200 chilly young ones lined up outside RTE's TV centre last night to greet the hottest singing sensation in town.

"Who are they all waiting for?" asked Fine Gael's Frank Feighan, a member of the Dail's new political pop pickers as he arrived to join his 15 colleagues who were due to make their debut on 'The Late Late Show'.

"One Direction," explained Independent TD Finian McGrath.

"From One Direction to No Direction," muttered a passing wag.

"Where's the Green Room?" groaned a visibly nervous Frank.

In fact, all the politicians were rattling with nerves, even the leather-lunged Junior Minister Michael Ring, who is probably the only one of them who could manage without a microphone.

The group had been put together by Fine Gael's Derek Keating as a fundraiser for suicide intervention centre, Pieta House, and he rounded up two choirs -- the Dublin Choir and the Lucan Choir -- plus 17 deputies and senators to record a cover version of 'Bridge over Troubled Water', including Minister Joan Burton, Lucinda Creighton, Simon Coveney and Mick Wallace.

They recorded the song and filmed a video in four hours, but that was all a doddle compared to having to sing live on 'The Late Late'.

A couple of hours before the show, they all assembled in the green room for their first run-through. Their producer and director, RTE's Jim Sheridan, didn't help soothe jangled nerves.

"Now, you're singing live in front of about 650,000 or 700,000 people -- it's a one-shot thing. We've a lovely video, but if you mess this up, this is the video everyone will be watching," he told them.

And suddenly the spirit of Boyzone's famous 'Late Late' debut flew over the room.

But it turns out that while some of our politicians won't be bothering Louis Walsh anytime soon, some of our public representatives have fine voices, particularly Derek Keating who has a bit of form with a folk group, and there's a bit of a star in Sinn Fein's Padraig MacLochlainn. "I've only ever sung in sing-songs," he admitted cheerfully.

And goodness, when Fine Gael's Peter Mathews rumbled "when darkness is all around," he made Barry White sound like Kylie. Who knew?

Peter also has form -- he's been singing in a choir in Mount Merrion for a couple of years. And even he was a bit nervous.

"I was on the phone to my wife and told her there were loads of kids outside when I arrived, so I turned to ask some lads beside me 'who are One Direction?' -- it turned out that they were One Direction," he confessed.

Several run-throughs later, however, and nerves had begun to settle.

It's all in a very, very good cause anyway. Derek Keating who's a director of Pieta House, explained: "It's our aim to have an intervention centre within 100km of every Irish citizen. And the thing was, that while we're singing this song, there are people out there who are contemplating suicide," he said.

"It's a good cause, so if we get slagged, it's worth it," added Finian.

Irish Independent

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/late-late-goes-from-one-direction-to-no-direction-as-tds-burst-into-song-2946335.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Charity2020

Lets hope the new Dragon (Sean O'Sullivan) will invest and be too greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Sorry folks, had to leave the show at 11pm for my bed (light weight!). Had a busy week and the boredom of the LLS made me very sleepy! Doesn't look like I missed much.

Diddler, you missed the Micheal Martin interview but I'd say you are not too upset about that. I doubt you will be in a panic to watch the repeat or catch it on the RTE Player :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

iDonate wrote: »
    This is a great cause. It will be a huge success.
    The voices are a bit dodgy, but people will buy for a laugh and to support a wonderful cause.
    Well done to all involved.

http://www.pieta.ie/donate-to-suicide-self-harm-prevention.html

Make a donation here, no need to buy the record.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by JonathanAnon
    They're still better than One Direction..

I think collectively they are known as Seriously Lacking Direction ...
    Lise Hand in the Indo was thinking along the same lines.......

That's what I originally had posted until I changed it.. My solicitor will be hearing about this.. :mad:

That's what I originally had posted until I changed it.. My solicitor will be hearing about this.. :mad:

She is claiming that a passing "WAG" made the remark.
    "From One Direction to No Direction," muttered a passing wag.
    No offence JA but it is a fairly obvious remark, call off your solicitor and save your money :p:D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    She is claiming that a passing "WAG" made the remark. No offence JA but it is a fairly obvious remark, call off your solicitor and save your money :p:D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: The cheek..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

At least 5 people on Twitter said the same thing.

Maybe you could do a Class Action with them?

Skid wrote: »
    At least 5 people on Twitter said the same thing.

Maybe you could do a Class Action with them?
    LOL :D:D:D

A Class Action ..... I love it!!! Maybe Gerald Kean could represent them! What do you think Jonny??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

And the thing was, that while we're singing this song, there are people out there who are contemplating suicide," he said.
    You're not wrong there, Derek...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

Mary Burn, if ever there was a doubt ..........God what a talentless waste of airtime,

Advertisement