Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.4 (now with the run-up to Christmas and BadGirl breaking it!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Go for shoes with extra ankle support. Trust me, they help

Wanna buy them for me...? I iz so broke!

*EDIT* and @Leeg I don't have a bath, just a poky shower in my poky bedsit =/ I have the same sort of walk, and an 8 hour shift =/ I couldn't even stand the shift without the walk in my last job!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Lucky! I only got into it about 14 months ago, hooked ever since! Are you going to watch the TUF tonight?
    I'm actually just catching up on the first episode of it now.
    KKkitty wrote: »
    Some of my siblings are mad into UFC. They even went to a book signing of Randy Couture's a while back. The only UFC lad I'd know is Brock Lesnar cos I used to watch WWE years ago when he was in it.
    Poor aul Brock's had to retire for health reasons. Came back after a major operation to try one last time and got soundly beaten, so called it a day and retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Yeah, but I never get used to the standing up =/

epsom salt in a warm bath is great squish, i find if i do more then 2 long days back to back my hips, feet and ankles ache like hell

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm actually just catching up on the first episode of it now.
    Poor aul Brock's had to retire for health reasons. Came back after a major operation to try one last time and got soundly beaten, so called it a day and retired.

oh god not another ufc fanatic:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

oh god not another ufc fanatic:p
    I catch the occasional match of it hope

• Advertisement

I catch the occasional match of it hope

its clearly a man thing so

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

its clearly a man thing so

Clearly, I have no idea what it is :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I just has respect for the skill those fellows exhibit.

Nina_G wrote: »
    Clearly, I have no idea what it is :)
    UFC= Ultimate Fighting Championship
    Mixed Martial Arts competition

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It's grown men fighting and throwing punches and kicks and rolling around on the ground like kids in a ball pit, but well with out the balls.

It has a huge following and massive sponsorship in the usa. :D

• Advertisement

Might I add it is also painful when you find out you are sparring a trainee of it.

or punchie kicky fighty as i like to call it

Best sport on the planet at the moment and UFC are the best organisation that runs events in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My younger brother and older brother have even gone as far as to get a UFC game for the xbox and some intense rivalry goes on when they're playing it. I know WWE is theatrical at best but UFC is a bit hardcore at times. Poor Brock. Didn't know that happened. Fair play to him for going back for one last hurrah.

or punchie kicky fighty as i like to call it
    Seriously trying to stifle the laughs reading that :D

laugh away, started saying it to annoy the bf and just like the sound of it now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I cannot stand watching those fights, I'm far too delicate! Makes me cringe.

There's a cage fighting story line in Home and Away now and I look away :pac:

Gonna watch one my fave films, Spirited Away :) I have a big bag of sweets too from my trip to the magical candy shop earlier :D

My younger brother and older brother have even gone as far as to get a UFC game for the xbox and some intense rivalry goes on when they're playing it. I know WWE is theatrical at best but UFC is a bit hardcore at times. Poor Brock. Didn't know that happened. Fair play to him for going back for one last hurrah.

WWE is scripted and theatrical as you say, UFC is 100% real :) It started off as people from different backgrounds fighting, so you might have had a Karate guy fighting a Wrestler and then the Gracie's came along from Brazil and showed the world Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and changed MMA forever :) Fighters now train a mix of BJJ, Wrestling, Boxing and Muai Thai (kick boxing from Thailand) for a much more rounded approach to their fights.

The UFC game's aren't bad actually (same with the WWE games actually, they're quite similar)

Muai Thai is brutal.

Muai Thai is brutal.

Yea, I went to a training session with a friend of mine who has a few pro fights under his belt in Thailand and I was horrified at the power behind a full on Muai Thai kick - the kick-bag folded in half with the force Dave hit it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Muai Thai is brutal.

Is that some sort of South East Asian side-salad?

laugh away, started saying it to annoy the bf and just like the sound of it now:D
    You have me liking it now :) must say that to my brothers and see what reaction I get.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Yea, I went to a training session with a friend of mine who has a few pro fights under his belt in Thailand and I was horrified at the power behind a full on Muai Thai kick - the kick-bag folded in half with the force Dave hit it!
    Saw an expert in it kick through a hardwood baseball bat.

Kojak wrote: »
    Muai Thai is brutal.

Is that some sort of South East Asian side-salad?
    Yeah it goes with chops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Maybe with a small bit pf prune juice to wash it down with?

Right, I have to go work now. Later people

Have a good evening Wolfie.

What're the rest of ye up to?

I was the first girl in my family after quite a few boys and my brothers were mad into the WWF as it was called then. My first initiation into wrestling was Andre the giant versus Hulk Hogan in a steel cage. I cowered for most of it but as I got older I used to stay up and watch the main events and tape them on the vcr. I'd often stay awake til 4 in the morning doing that. I watched the one where Owen Hart was killed and all.

Right, I have to go work now. Later people

night wolfie tc

watchin rude tube on channel 4+1 shim

• Advertisement

Kojak wrote: »

Maybe with a small bit pf prune juice to wash it down with?
    Definitely. There would be some hard times ahead if you didn't :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement