Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I just spent the last 2 hours installing XP from a USB key onto my netbook. It's slowwwwwwwwww. But runs ten times faster now W7 is gone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RJ did you fix your keyboard problem?
    What make and model pc/laptop is involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Stheno wrote: »

i have a Toshiba if you want to fix mine. Or tell me a way of Capitalizing what i paste :P

Was only messing :)
    Cheers though :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

i have a Toshiba if you want to fix mine. Or tell me a way of Capitalizing what i paste :P

You could use this to make a custom keyboard layout and remap a key that isnt used often such as | to be your new i / I key.

Its a handy program to use, give me a shout if you get stuck.

If you really want to mess with someone you could make an arseways keyboard layout and install it on their machine :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

It's Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and I am finished at 12pm yay!!!

Do you do computer repairs? Can you recover information from a hard drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

mrs crilly wrote: »
    It's Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and I am finished at 12pm yay!!!

I'm not getting down with Friday !

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Do you do computer repairs? Can you recover information from a hard drive?

Maybe, depends how fecked it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Anyone want to take a guess at how much I should pitch the car for?

2001 Alfa 156
    71500 miles
    Cambelt due in 4500 miles
    Leather interior
    Good tyres/alloys
    No real dents or scratches
    3rd gear is gone (won't stay in)
    Suspension isn't great, fine on a normal road though.

Any ideas? I have it in for €600, got a few calls but no-one turned up, which is normal (I don't get interested until they're outside the door).

• Advertisement

NCT ?

You'd get a minty one for a grand so I can't see your one going for €600.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Three fiddy

Maybe, depends how fecked it is.

Laptop took a jump out a window (don't ask) I have the hard drive from it. Appears to be in good nick.

I want to recover the itunes from it. I have tried to upload songs to my ipod on my new laptop but it tells me I need to delete everything and start again as I already have an itunes account on another computer (the broken one)

Really don't want to have to go down this route unless it's really needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

RoverJames wrote: »
    NCT ?

You'd get a minty one for a grand so I can't see your one going for €600.

Oops, NCT 02/13

Can't be arsed what I get as it's out of insurance on the 1st of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Laptop took a jump out a window (don't ask) I have the hard drive from it. Appears to be in good nick.

I want to recover the itunes from it. I have tried to upload songs to my ipod on my new laptop but it tells me I need to delete everything and start again as I already have an itunes account on another computer (the broken one)

Really don't want to have to go down this route unless it's really needed.

You can get your music from your ipod and put it onto your new laptop.It's a bit of a pain but I've done it before.

You can get your music from your ipod and put it onto your new laptop.It's a bit of a pain but I've done it before.

Oh really, will this mean then I can start uploading new songs then?

I normally upload my songs from you tube via real player and then I convert them to acc format (I think been a while)

If you could let me know how you did it then I will be eternally gratefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

There's free programs out there to get your music from your IPOD to your laptop, which you can then go ahead and sync and continue on as usual.Google is your friend when it comes to this :)

There's free programs out there to get your music from your IPOD to your laptop, which you can then go ahead and sync and continue on as usual.Google is your friend when it comes to this :)

Right thats my project for this afternoon and this evening!

Just got a call from the Gardai there, a dope in a Silver Insignia broke a red light while I was crossing the road the other day on my way home from work and nearly knocked me down.

I rang the Garda traffic watch and reported him. They are going to contact him and caution him about his fabulous driving skills. Serves him right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Just got a call from the Gardai there, a dope in a Silver Insignia broke a red light while I was crossing the road the other day on my way home from work and nearly knocked me down.

That happens every day at the lights on Tara street.

That happens every day at the lights on Tara street.
    OSI wrote: »
    Not surprised he didn't see you or the light, the visibility in those Insignia's is appalling.

It just really pissed me off so I didn't want to let it go. He was shouting at me blaming me cos I had my headphones in.

I might add it was bumper to bumper traffic it happened in Broadstone in Phibsborough so I find it hard to understand how he didn't see me when the car beside him going in the same direction was stopped in traffic.

Strangely enough they have never affected my vision and the ability to cross a road while I have the green man :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

it was literally under my nose!

taped to your upper lip like some kinda fake moustache? It's March, not Movember.

For Ardennes:

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263366d637b2e5c9df04bd0a17d7ba59c8503.jpg

He might swap for the Opel!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

That is so weird conor i was just sitting here 30seconds ago saying how much id love that car! :D:D

I never knew there was a 308 GTI

2011-peugeot-308-gti_460x0w.jpg

200HP Granny Mobile, What a sleeper!

Have any of you ever been subjected to the programme on the Bio channel 'Pregnant in Heels?

Mother. Of. God.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Opinions please.

I am agonising over trying to sell the megane now with 5 months test left, or stick to the plan of selling it in may with 15 months test.
    Original plan was wait but I just want rid. Anyone guess what realistic prices are for both scenarios, 02 megane saloon. 51000 miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Old model? Sell it now. Woudn't expect much more than a grand. if even/

I think I have figured out how to do this, about to delete my ipod and start all over again, if you hear a scream you know it has all gone horribly wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I think I have figured out how to do this, about to delete my ipod and start all over again, if you hear a scream you know it has all gone horribly wrong :pac:

It's not that hard as long as you use some software to transfer the files across first. If you don't and then do a factory restore, you'll be crying. Best is to transfer, disconnect and try to play the trfrd music from the computer before going further.

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    It's not that hard as long as you use some software to transfer the files across first. If you don't and then do a factory restore, you'll be crying. Best is to transfer, disconnect and try to play the trfrd music from the computer before going further.

I have 1500 songs and a lot of them I didn't have backed up, I downloaded on programme but it was a trial version so couldn't use it and I didn't want to spend €25 on it :rolleyes:

I found all the hidden ipod files and I have copied them to my hard drive. I have transferred a few to the ipod and they play ok, I need to go and play it in the car and if that works then I am laughing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement