Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Just calculated that I got 42mpg (50% motorway 20% town 30% country) out of the first tank of the Clio. Not entirely bad for a 17 year old 1.4 :)

Of course I'll need more figures to make a proper average but its not a bad start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

What did you use?Did you claybar it?

No, thats the point, it was only washed. Looked gleaming, but it sooooo isnt. Used Autoglym body shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Didn't think this really fitted in the other you tube thread:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

A 2.5 V6 with 180bhp?? L:DL

Try my E34. 2.5 litres, 170 bhp :D

Or either of the Mercs! 2.8 litre with 185 bhp or 5.0 V8 with 237bhp :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Jimdagym wrote: »
    ...Used Autoglym body shampoo.

This is actually the only stuff I've been disappointed with from AG. Some of their other stuff also has better equivalents, but the Shampoo (& Conditioner) really left me disappointed with it.

I just got a bottle of Meguairs NXT wash and I have to say for suds and washing, it's ten times better. Before that (and tring AG shampoo) I was using Turtle Wax Precision Wash, which was also pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Robbed from YLYL :D
    8427_158770994481_588274481_2651906_4342910_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You know where he's going right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Or even where he's come from... :D

look left

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You know where he's going right ;)

Took me a minute ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I hope he went to Specsavers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Just back from my nephew's play for transition year, bloody excellent. He came home full of hairspray and mascara :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Rolli wrote: »
    Just back from my nephew's play for transition year, bloody excellent. He came home full of hairspray and mascara :D:D

Oh cool what play was it?

I started off the day with full intention of getting my tiles and kitchen pressed picked out today but after 2 shops I got bored so went for a joyride up the Dublin mountains :D

My 'wife' was not impressed :p:p

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Oh cool what play was it?

I started off the day with full intention of getting my tiles and kitchen pressed picked out today but after 2 shops I got bored so went for a joyride up the Dublin mountains :D

My 'wife' was not impressed :p:p

Grease. Really good, most of the lads were concentrating on the girls more than the play :pac:

Grease. Really good, most of the lads were concentrating on the girls more than the play :pac:

That's mad Grease must be the play of choice for the transition years they did that in our school as well when I was in school!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

dar83 wrote: »
    This is actually the only stuff I've been disappointed with from AG. Some of their other stuff also has better equivalents, but the Shampoo (& Conditioner) really left me disappointed with it.

I just got a bottle of Meguairs NXT wash and I have to say for suds and washing, it's ten times better. Before that (and tring AG shampoo) I was using Turtle Wax Precision Wash, which was also pretty good.

I'll try the meguairs next. I actually though the Autoglym done pretty well, but I am only starting my car care journey (no more carwash for me).
    The Autoglym wheel clean done a great job I thought.

Tomorrow better be good, I have to do the inside of mine and the inside and outside of hers!!

Try this :)

http://www.cleancar.ie/chemicalguys-maxisudsii-superiorsurfaceshampoo.html

http://www.detailingshed.com/shampoo-snowfoam/109-chemical-guys-maxi-suds-ii.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If it's sudsing you're after, try Meguiar's Professional Detailer Hyperwash or Shampoo Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

the autoglym shampoo dose not make a lot of suds but its good otherwise.

I had to park my car under a tree this morning on the main road as the tenant in my Grandfathers house had nicked my spot.

Wonder how many bird dumps will be on it when I come back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I had to park my car under a tree this morning on the main road as the tenant in my Grandfathers house had nicked my spot.

Many. Pigeons love shiney targets. Triple 20 for hitting the BMW badge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hate that, although I wouldnt be worrying about the birds going for target practice, for a long time I had to park my car under a tree which used to cover it in a lovely sticky sap everyday until the council cut it down because the roots were lifting up the footpath.

God bless the council not very often you get to say that :D.

BX 19 wrote: »
    Triple 20 for hitting the BMW badge.
    Happened before, took me ages to get all the crap! out from around the edges, where is the vomit smiley :confused:
    lovely sticky sap everyday until the council cut it down because the roots were lifting up the footpath.

God bless the council not very often you get to say that :D.

Yes I know that as well it's horrible it's like tar and feathers for a car :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Driving home this morning at about half five and an artic was trying to overtake a 4x4 and the 4x4 wouldnt let him pass, kept trying to speed up. Guess what the lorry driver decided to do?

Move in on top of him, couldnt believe what I was seeing! So 4x4 moved into hard shoulder and sped up fast enough to stay in front of it. Lorry driver then turned on his full beams (including the lights on top of the cab) even though they were all over the place!

Mad stuff altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

BX 19 wrote: »
    Many. Pigeons love shiney targets. Triple 20 for hitting the BMW badge.

Something to do with the reflection fooling them into believing they're over a water mass, so it's grand to let loose I think.

Something to do with the reflection fooling them into believing they're over a water mass, so it's grand to let loose I think.

Especially when it's a diesel as they think they're over an oil spillage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Especially when it's a diesel as they think they're over an oil spillage :P

You do understand diesel cars doesn't actually mean the car is coated in diesel or something similar? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

You do understand diesel cars doesn't actually mean the car is coated in diesel or something similar? :pac:

only the engines when they ****e themselves :pac:

in other news, your man selling the big coac/camper thing has reduced the prics to €5000 :cool:

You're wrong there actually. The fumes that come out of the exhaust cake themselves onto your paintwork and you don't even notice!

You think the reason that the clay turned black was because of tar?? ;)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3150891

WOW, this is something else..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3150891

WOW, this is something else..

+1

Me likey. Me likey alot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement