Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

My woman is an excellent cook and I'm not too shabby myself. We share the cooking duties about 60/40 and make all our own sauces etc. No jars of Uncle Bens or Dolmio in this house. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    My woman is an excellent cook and I'm not too shabby myself. We share the cooking duties about 60/40 and make all our own sauces etc. No jars of Uncle Bens or Dolmio in this house. :)

I wouldn't even know how to make spag boll without a jar of sauce :o
    Yikes being put to shame here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Getting the Rav converted to gas on Friday. Whoo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

No jars of Uncle Bens or Dolmio in this house. :)

I've been making some of my own sauces too. Can't live without Franks Hot Sauce though... omnomnom!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn lads, I am cooking/baking for living and I just can't stand cooking at home...

I guess after cooking for 200 people daily you just can't be fecked to cook for 2 more at home. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Getting the Rav converted to gas on Friday. Whoo.

How much will that cost do you mind me asking?

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I wouldn't even know how to make spag boll without a jar of sauce :o
    Yikes being put to shame here!!

Tin of chopped tomatoes, pasata, drop of milk and some italian seasoning and you have your very own bolognese sauce. ;)
    jenizzle wrote: »
    I've been making some of my own sauces too. Can't live without Franks Hot Sauce though... omnomnom!

I have a shelf full of hot sauces! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I love spicy food, unfortunately it doesn't love me :(

I love spicy food, unfortunately it doesn't love me :(

Flag_of_Japan.png

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How much will that cost do you mind me asking?
    €550 odd. With gas being half the price of petrol I won't be long getting that back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

€550 odd. With gas being half the price of petrol I won't be long getting that back.

Where's that? And where can you buy gas? Also, isn't gas 30% less efficient?

That is my local gas man here in Bulgaria. Gas is available wherever petrol and diesel is sold so no problems with getting gas here. Gas is around 20% less efficient but the savings make up for that. I would get the cost of the conversion back with a one way trip to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That is my local gas man here in Bulgaria. Gas is available wherever petrol and diesel is sold so no problems with getting gas here. Gas is around 20% less efficient but the savings make up for that. I would get the cost of the conversion back with a one way trip to Ireland.

Whoops, didn't realise you weren't living here, nevermind!

Whoops, didn't realise you weren't living here, nevermind!
    Gone almost 18 months now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Day off tomorrow and managed to get the whole weekend off aswell.

Now to decided between the motors meet in Portlaoise on Sat or a K20 meet on Sun. Hmmmm.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Me too!! make all my food from scratch, like you - no jars of shoite here!! It's too easy, and once you get crackin at it, it's hard to go back to using jars knowing whats in them! In fact, the cooking club on here has thought me loads and what has got me really into cooking. I bring my spices home from the middle east too, and recently perfected my curry which I made tonight! yum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Rabbit and ham hock soup/stew here. France being a civilised country, I didnt even have to bother me arse shooting the bunny:D
    Would have horrified the frenchies though by drinking red with it, a very nice cote du rhone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Anyone know how to figure out which inspection is due (1 / 2) on an e46, without hooking it up to diagnostics?

Otherwise I'll just do inspection 2 :)

ChewChew wrote: »
    In fact, the cooking club on here has thought me loads and what has got me really into cooking.

There is a cooking club on here? Is there no end to this website! I am one of those people that has to be shown something before they understand it properly. Might take the plunge and join a cookery class. And then ill have ya all round for dinner :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Gone almost 18 months now. :)

Just out of curiosity, and I hope I ain't prying too much but what made you move to Bulgaria. Seems an 'odd' choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

mrs crilly wrote: »
    There is a cooking club on here? Is there no end to this website! I am one of those people that has to be shown something before they understand it properly. Might take the plunge and join a cookery class. And then ill have ya all round for dinner :P
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1355

A boards member posts one of their recipes every Friday. With a guide and full Photo diary of whats going on. Even if you weren't to take the plunge, Just observing and trying little things will help improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Great time to talk about food

I'm sick. Headache, sore troat, dizzy, feels like I need to ****s bad and puke :(

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Great time to talk about food

I'm sick. Headache, sore troat, dizzy, feels like I need to ****s bad and puke :(

Robbie, you're a fcukin' wuss dude! :p

ChewChew wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1355

A boards member posts one of their recipes every Friday. With a guide and full Photo diary of whats going on. Even if you weren't to take the plunge, Just observing and trying little things will help improve.

Oh deadly thanks for that! Beans on toast Crilly style coming soon! Robbie grow a set of balls will ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Been lookin on fleabay, and as usual, getting ideas. Saw drilled/grooved discs for reasonable money. Any opinions on whether they'd make much/ any difference to my Octy?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd go for grooved but skip the drilled, looks nice but I've heard far too much about drilled discs cracking to ever bother buying some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I'd go for grooved but skip the drilled, looks nice but I've heard far too much about drilled discs cracking to ever bother buying some

Cheers man. As I said , just getting ideas. I will need new discs/pads in the near future, so just getting ideas.

Is anybody watching Brendan Grace on TV3? I went to see him before in the local hotel on my fathers orders. He is priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I've purchased a car and I'm off to Newcastle next Saturday to collect it!

You'll all shudder though but I'm happy out as I've always wanted one.

2004 rover 75 cdti conni se auto with 57k genuine miles and tonnes of paperwork

• Advertisement

johnos1984 wrote: »

You'll all shudder though but I'm happy out as I've always wanted one...........

I'm shuddering a little myself tbh :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement