Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

This is the saddest thing you'll read all day. :(
    No, the saddest thing I've read all day was that a guy who was beaten to death by the police in the States a few months ago begged for his life and desperately yelled out for his dad before he was killed. You're just whinging about why some millionaires should be more popular than other millionaires. Who cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

RichieC wrote: »
    Rock stars acted like this? my god.. an entire world re-evaluation is on the cards for me :(

Pretty sure some of them were not thieving paedos though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

mike65 wrote: »
    You can't actually turn the amps up to 11.

Lick my love pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Are these figures achieved because of itunes? Because in the old days us oul fellas used to have to go out and buy the record. Is the bigger salea figures achieved these days cause its cheaper and easier for the "youth" of today?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mediocre things with broad commercial appeal make more money than quality niche products?

alert the media!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Why is this disappointing? I don't want the music I like to be liked by the public, haven't you seen the people out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Let me guess OP, you listen to radio nova and actually think that radio station is good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Starbelgrade's dissapointing facts about popular music:

1. Snow Patrol

2. The Script

3. The Coronas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Let me guess OP, you listen to radio nova and actually think that radio station is good?

repeats after repeats on there !

2fm and today fm are usually good when their not talking ****e !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

These facts aren't disappointing Record/Album sales are no indication of talent and never were, the list of songs that prove this is endless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Surprised REM never had a No.1. In fairness them and Depeche Mode tended to hit the Album chart No. 1's.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Starbelgrade's dissapointing facts about popular music:

1. Snow Patrol

2. The Script

3. The Coronas
    Those aren't facts, they're band names.

Also The Coronas aren't popular.

phasers wrote: »
    Those aren't facts, they're band names.

Also The Coronas aren't popular.

They make me want to pierce my eardrums with a sharp object.

Now that's a fact.

phasers wrote: »
    Now that's a fact.

*high five*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I wonder in the 60s and 70s were people saying the Beatles were crap and that they were too commercial and that Elvis was much better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I wonder in the 60s and 70s were people saying the Beatles were crap and that they were too commercial and that Elvis was much better?

Probably did, but it's much of a muchness. They both still have their fans today.

I doubt anyone however will still be talking about fatboy or the ginger autotune from X-factor 50 years from now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

MungBean wrote: »
    Led Zeppelin's first album was almost entirely plagiarised. Jimmy Page was a talentless thief who liked to take advantage of kids, Bonham was an alcoholic woman beater and all of em were sexual devients who regularly gang banged groupies, once in a bathtub full of beans and once incorporating a live fish.

All scummers with the exception of John Paul Jones who just went home to his wife and avoided the debauchery that went on.

Led Zeppelin, a great bunch of lads!

Who's fatboy and the ginger autotune? Are they worth downloading?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mike65 wrote: »
    You can't actually turn the amps up to 11.
    http://xkcd.com/670/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

They've obviously left out the part about buying music online for relatively cheap on a song by song basis, and that way more people have devices to actually play the music from.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Hey Granny, I didn't know you were on boards?

Ps- I'll be round for my cream 'torpedo' whisk on Sunday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Led Zeppelin's first album was almost entirely plagiarised.

Plagiarised? "You Shook Me" is listed on the sleeve as written by Willie Dixon and JB Lenoir, "I Can't Quit You Baby" is Dixon again. All given their credit. On their second album, credit is given to Howlin' Wolf for "The Lemon Song", which samples his song "Killing Floor". It's not like they hid it! Other songs have a distinctly blues sound and riffs, they're hardly stolen, just typical of the genre.

Woooooow, 12 is really pushing it.... i think the Hadron collider has way more validity!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

Arawn wrote: »
    People who produce accoustic guitars at house parties are universally known as twats.

And carry a plectrum in their wallets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Think the OP is disappointed by the trumping of Justin Bieber/X Factor tripe In popularity over good music.
    I just want to know more about the Zeppelin orgy involving the fish! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

robbie_998 wrote: »
    I don't like R.E.M

am i alone on this ?

No you are not alone, the are the most overrated, suicide inducing, totally depressing whine bags. The epitome of misery really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Dudess wrote: »
    I just want to know more about the Zeppelin orgy involving the fish! :eek:

If memory serves, it involved a bout of S&M with a young wan getting whipped with an octopus!

"The top spot in Spin magazine's "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock History" list still belongs to an incident from a 1969 Zep tour of the United States, when, during a stopover in Seattle, a naked groupie was whipped with a live octopus, although years later, bass-player John Paul Jones, a former chorister known as "the quiet one", cast some doubt on the story, saying: "I'm not sure it's true. As far as I can remember it was a dead shark."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Led Zeppelin's first album was almost entirely plagiarised. Jimmy Page was a talentless thief who liked to take advantage of kids, Bonham was an alcoholic woman beater and all of em were sexual devients who regularly gang banged groupies, once in a bathtub full of beans and once incorporating a live fish.

All scummers with the exception of John Paul Jones who just went home to his wife and avoided the debauchery that went on.
    The most overrated band of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

thast a nice way of saying there fookin shot and they all deserve to be drowned in there own urine

Advertisement