Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet The Neighbours..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

curryman wrote: »
    well said last week i would watch this weeks show in the hope it improved but gotta say total s***e. wont watch again

Totally agree with you, I won't waste my time on this garbage again.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

Anyone happen be watching the absolute travesty on RTE1 'the many faces of Pj Gallagher'.
    Jesus its shockingly bad, most unfunny thing seen in long time, even for RTEs standards,
    Its cringeworthy how bad it is, like I never found yer man Gallagher funny but he's in whole new level of bad after this.

Sometimes going to jail is worth it, avoid your money paying for this kack

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Critical OP is critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ChrisM

I'd like to say it was a good effort but it is just deplorable. I wanted it to be good if that means anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

How did rte let this **** air. The out takes at the end were nearly the best of it. Won't be watching it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Some of it's good, some of it isn't. It's not the end of the world folks, so chilllllllllll......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Anyone happen be watching the absolute travesty on RTE1 'the many faces of Pj Gallagher'.
    Jesus its shockingly bad, most unfunny thing seen in long time, even for RTEs standards,
    Its cringeworthy how bad it is, like I never found yer man Gallagher funny but he's in whole new level bad after this.

Whatever you do, do not turn to RTE2. Reality show about Brian 'popstars' Ormond planning his wedding with Pippa. I can't believe we fund this complete garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I watched the first 15 minutes of the PJ Gallagher horseplop because I was told it was poor.

I was surprised how piss poor it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

RTE outdoing themselves tonight seeing as "Brian and Pippa get married" was on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Absolutely crap, no one could find that funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Its cringeworthy how bad it is, like I never found yer man Gallagher funny but he's in whole new level of bad after this.

Is it as bad as that heffer they gave a show to a few years back , Katherine something or other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

Watched bits of it with the missus and we both laughed, don't think it was half as bad as posters are cracking on. Pj is just a bit nuts, but in a funny way. Anyhoo, one mans poison etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead didn't think it was great but the Gallagher seems like a decent fella so gonna pretend it was great.

It was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

PJ is an ass. Needs to stop laughing at his own stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

its a load of old ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Television, generally, is piss poor. When you all realise that you'll be richer for it.

A good documentary can still be worth watching, but all this "reality" stuff which dominates television nowadays is really, really, really awfully dim. Dreadful stuff, truly abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

its funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

PJ is Ok.
    His motorbike/mondello and other previous shows were good and hes a likeable bloke. But this show is atrocious.

He needs to step up, he has potential but RTE and their associated production companies will stifle him.
    Another example of why the likes of Dara O Brian leggit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

its funny

did you forget to take your tablets this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I really think Gallagher might have some frightful and abhorrent medical condition that hasn't been investigated yet. And it's not his inability to be humourous; moreso a genuine concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

I really like the show. By the sounds of it there must be something wrong with me. One or two of the sketches aren't great but on the whole I think the shows pretty damn good. I was pissing myself at the sister and Dora sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mikom wrote: »
    RTE outdoing themselves tonight seeing as "Brian and Pippa get married" was on as well.

Unreal scheduling tbh. If my poor grandad were still alive, he'd throw the tv out the window at such crap. The €1m + payout for the recent libel case is prob gonna make things WORSE!!!

What makes it worse I switched on British channel E4 afterwards and watched Facejacker, and the difference made me cry.
    Why cant we get this kind of quality edgy comedy.

Dave McSavage, Pj Gallagher, Katherine whatever name is, when will it end

I didnt know there was thread on this already, I created a separate threads if mid wants merge

Gist is, pure sh*te, been while since seen anything so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

What makes it worse I switched on British channel E4 afterwards and watched Facejacker, and the difference made me cry.
    Why cant we get this kind of quality edgy comedy.

Dave McSavage, Pj Gallagher, Katherine whatever name is, when will it end

Yeah, but you could also switch to the 'British' channel BBC and see 'My Family'...

Comedy is always objective, some people like Two and a Half Men and some like Only Fools.. it's what's great about it, what makes you laugh makes you laugh. If something doesn't, it doesn't...

I think WAY too many people here have pre-defined anti-RTE feelings that affect their opinions. I doubt they set out to make a 'bad' comedy, but at least they keep trying. It's hardly in their interests to make a bad show, but as I've said before on other threads, good comedy is hard to come by, and the other big channels throw way more money, and way more attempts at it...

And No, I have nothing to do with RTE (as usually gets asked) I'm merely a little bit patriotic and would like to see RTE (or any Irish TV network) make something that we can idendify with, but is also good.

To repeat myself again, 'My Family' is one of the most popular sitcoms in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

After the greatness of naked camera he comes out with this total ****, Not in the slightest bit funny, Time to move on PJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

i enjoyed the first show but the 2nd show was poor in fairness. not sure whats with the outfits?? whats with stuffing things under everyone's clothes? dont know if its neccesasary..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Don't understand the general tone of surprise that RTE have put this on air,I mean they have form anyone remember that comic masterpiece "The Cassidys" with Ed Byrne? Need I say more......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A Disgrace wrote: »
    what makes you laugh makes you laugh. If something doesn't, it doesn't...

True that.....
    It's hardly in their interests to make a bad show, but as I've said before on other threads, good comedy is hard to come by, and the other big channels throw way more money, and way more attempts at it...

I suppose when RTE are throwing money at wedding videos such as "Brian and Pippa get married" there is little left for "real" comedy

And No, I have nothing to do with RTE (as usually gets asked) I'm merely a little bit patriotic and would like to see RTE (or any Irish TV network) make something that we can idendify with, but is also good.

Patriotic humour......... Lol the best kind.
    I suppose I identified most with Fr. Ted.
    That was RTE, right?
    To repeat myself again, 'My Family' is one of the most popular sitcoms in the UK.

Slinging shit at stations that are not funded by our licence fee does nothing to further your argument.
    Anyway "Life's too short" would be the BBC's latest comedy offering as My Family is not currently running.
    There was no evidence of tricolours that I could make out in its last episode, but I found I could still relate to it.

Advertisement