Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet The Neighbours..

Options
  • 17-11-2011 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

come people lets have it... :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It is sh1te so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

One of the worst things ever seen on telly

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

One word. Bilge.

He was a poor man's Mike Murphy to begin with, lacking any subtlety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

PJ is a nice guy and is funny...but this kind of show has never worked. He should try some proper acting, cause he has comic timing and is a decent actor. The writing here is just very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

It is actually the worst television program I have ever watched. It's torture and I wish I could amnesia myself into forgetting it

• Advertisement

I'll take back all the nasty things I've said about the LLS, this is easily the worst programme on RTE :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Great stuff. lovin' it. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

My mother in law is sitting watching it and is cracking up, I think it is quite possibly the worst program I have seen in my life.

Not one attempt at humour strikes home with me.

What demographic is this absolute drivel aimed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

omahaid wrote: »
    It is actually the worst television program I have ever watched. It's torture and I wish I could amnesia myself into forgetting it

There are some real gems in the 'worst sitcoms ever' thread though, don't be hasty!

http://youtu.be/DWJhdtwp7Lk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's actually the worst thing I've watched since Katherine Lynch's WONDERWOMEN..actually I think i'd rather watch that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭maxpowers

oh dear - Painful 15 mins. The writing is brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'll take back all the nasty things I've said about the LLS, this is easily the worst programme on RTE :mad:

Yeah but you've already said that you dont like Sarah McInerney wearing sexy black lace... you have no credibility..

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Takes a while for things to bed in. This is actually alright in fairness, he has great comedy timing too.. Want to see it knit together though, some sort of link between the characters would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 canhascheez

It makes Mrs Brown's Boys look good.

How this made a prime time rte1 I do not know.

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Takes a while for things to bed in. This is actually alright in fairness, he has great comedy timing too.. Want to see it knit together though, some sort of link between the characters would be nice.

Hi PJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

How is it that Ireland always produces crap sitcoms yet you take the tiniest of trips across the water and the uk has some of the finest sitcoms around.

Yeah but you've already said that you dont like Sarah McInerney wearing sexy black lace... you have no credibility..
    Will you go away, she was dressed like a widow :eek: Anyway, Pearse was looking very handsome last night, I appreciate the way he always makes an effort to look good for me :D

Hi PJ

This is the oldest and unfunniest quip on the Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

How is it that Ireland always produces crap sitcoms yet you take the tiniest of trips across the water and the uk has some of the finest sitcoms around.

Because most of the irish ones use them cliches, or whatever they're called, like farmers and old grannies to try and be funny, rather than being funny.

Hi PJ

This is the oldest and unfunniest quip on the Internet.

Nah, that would be your ma

• Advertisement

Nah, that would be your ma

Are you one of the writers of this show?

Well thanks be to God that is over. I definitely won be tuning in next week. I've lost a whole 30 minutes of my life :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The bit with the conjoined twins and the big black dude were highlights in an otherwise poor show..

Ah god dont show the outtakes after just introducing us to the characters.. ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

One of the worst things ever seen on telly

He is a trier, but by god, this is unbelieveably unfunny. Even worse than Mrs. Browns' Boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭phonejacker

That's 30 minutes of my life wasted that il never get back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's not a sitcom it's a sketch show and a shyte sketch show.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I think the some of the characters are better than others. Some of it was funny.

Just wondering why people would watch it and then complain about it. Plenty of other channels, if you don't like it then switch over to something else, simple as that.

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Just wondering why people would watch it and then complain about it. Plenty of other channels, if you don't like it then switch over to something else, simple as that.
    We are a diligent bunch, we stuck with it to see would it improve but unfortunately it didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Ohhhhh dear........The out-takes at the end were the only funny bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    I think the some of the characters are better than others. Some of it was funny.

Eh, because people are giving it a chance. That whole "change the channel" excuse is lame. Folks are wanting to know how a national station can charge us for this absolute tripe? We pay for the service, and this is what they give us? And, change the channel doesn't cut it!

Advertisement