Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Forgot to ask question re nursing bra's... how do you know what size to get? Are ye buying the size you are now or a little bigger - how much bigger will boobs get when milk starts???? have heard from two different people that Elle Mc Phearson nursing bra's a really nice and was told to stay far away from mothercare ones - can buy them on www.figleaves.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Twomums you must have got such a fright.. glad everything is okay now though :)

Kildareash I'm so jealous of all your knitted things: I'm knitting baby a blanket very very slowly because neither my mum, mil or either of our grannies knit: and I want my baby to have some knitted homemade things! A friend of mine has her mum knitting a cardi for me too :)

Saurelin: that made me laugh so much! Your mil will get over it: but enjoy the peace and quiet a bit!

Trions enjoy moving in: but take it easy too! For the nursing bras I think I'm going to get the Carriwell ones: linky it expands and handy for hosp bag: I'll get more after baby gets here and I can get measured and get something a bit micer after babs gets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm jealous of your nursing bra choices - I am stuck with Bravissimo with their wonderful choice of 4. Yay. :rolleyes:

I think i have the majority of the stuff for my hospital bag now, thanks to hubby who went and bought me maternity pads. I was humming and hawing over the purple Always in Dunnes, and he said that if the list said maternity pads, then I should get maternity pads, and went to the chemist the next day for them , reassuring me with "I am french, the 'uman body 'olds no shame". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Good morning ladies! Just a little update, we had our private scan Monday, it was unreal! And to the mob of July girls, I can tell ye we'll be backing up the blue corner! Bout time the boys started making an appearance, in fairness! It was a bit weird, I kinda had my heart set on a little girl, even had a name picked out, and still no boys names thought of, is it weird that I was a bit disappointed when I found out? I got pretty upset with myself for it anyway, coming round to the idea now, but its hardly very motherly of me is it? Literally the first thing we saw when your man turned on the machine was the little fella playing with himself. Ahem. Then he kicked himself in the face. In fairness, he is actually adorable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Good morning ladies! Just a little update, we had our private scan Monday, it was unreal! And to the mob of July girls, I can tell ye we'll be backing up the blue corner! Bout time the boys started making an appearance, in fairness! It was a bit weird, I kinda had my heart set on a little girl, even had a name picked out, and still no boys names thought of, is it weird that I was a bit disappointed when I found out? I got pretty upset with myself for it anyway, coming round to the idea now, but its hardly very motherly of me is it? Literally the first thing we saw when your man turned on the machine was the little fella playing with himself. Ahem. Then he kicked himself in the face. In fairness, he is actually adorable :)

congrats!!!
    I know what you mean about having your heart set on a girl, i am the same, but would love a boy, more for my hubby really. He has said he doesnt mind, but with no brothers and his dad gone, i know he would love a little farmer (not being sexist!!) to follow him around. And tink would probably tell you the same, after her 4 boys, she is getting her girl. So its ok to have a preference.

I cannot wait to know though!!! everyone i meet i ask them to guess..its 50/50 really what people are guessing, so i'm none the wiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Don't worry about it, totally normal for mammy's to have tons of mixed feelings throughout the pregnancy (& then beat themselves up over it). I think I had it in my head that I was having a girl, only could imagine that & only had girls names picked. Then scan showed up a boy. I'll admit there was an uncontrollable feeling of disappointment (like you can't turn it off, it's just there). But for me that's totally gone away now and I'm delighted to be having a boy & glad. Sometimes, the disappointment doesn't wear off for ages for some mam's.
    Anyway, congrats & yay the boys, another one joins the club!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I have eventually got back from A&E, doc also doesn't think it's broken but I've to go back in 10 days if it looks wonky or I have any problems breathing :) fingers crossed I won't be back!

I have plenty of chocolate to keep my spirits up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

NyquistFreak, I'm sure your reaction is pretty normal and nothing to feel bad about. I think lots of parents have a preference but that will change once you get used to the idea. Go out and buy a blue babygro or something cute and boyish and you'll soon get excited again ;)

Good for you 2mums - I firmly believe that chocolate is the answer to most of life's problems :D

OH got a promotion at work today so we're absolutely thrilled! The plan now is to save, save, save & get a mortgage next time around!

NyquistFreak if you had your heart set on a girl it's no surprise you had a little disappointment & nothing wrong with that either. We thought we were having a boy...no reason just thought we were but we are delighted with our little girl :)

Boys clothes are super cute :D so you def should have a wander around at the vast array of cuteness on offer to you now you are having a little boy!

It might take a little time but I'm sure you will soon be looking forward to meeting your little boy :)

Mamaheidi congrats on the promotion :) that should help with the mortgage next time around!

Chocolate is the answer to most things along with icecream which I also got bought today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I cried for the 6 days when I thought it was another boy. Gender preference is so taboo but it happens. It's only natural you would be secretly hoping for one over the other but when you see your little bundle your love for him will over come all that.
    My granny had 9 kids,she had 8 boys and her 9th was a girl but she was stillborn. She was distraught.
    No news here,trying to get ready for the communion the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

finally got my maternity benefit application off in the post today.
    i am sooooo tired. i havent done a tap of work since after lunch, i have LOADS to do but i'm just not feeling it today. what i really want to do is to go to the vending machine and get some taytos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

silly wrote: »
    finally got my maternity benefit application off in the post today.
    i am sooooo tired. i havent done a tap of work since after lunch, i have LOADS to do but i'm just not feeling it today. what i really want to do is to go to the vending machine and get some taytos.

I just have to get mine filled out in work but boss is off sick....have GP but done so at least it's ready to go when my boss does his bit.
    Had to send some form into our HR dept too with a letter from GP, I still don't know if I'm too late or too early with the form, but there was no clear guidelines.

I think that no matter how hard we try not to, deep down we all have a gender preference for our baby. Just because you're feeling a bit disappointed today doesnt mean you're a bad parent or that your going to love your child less. When your little boy is growing into a man you will look back on today and remember it for it is...the day you found out you were having a boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Had endo appt today... Stupid thyroid antibody test wasn't back: could have cried :mad:

Thyroid is enlarged and tender which is probably not a good thing: I guess I'll see next week!

On the plus side he doesn't think I'm going to go by 35 weeks anymore: so yay :D

I go into the Rotunda outpatients, the place is literally teeming with heavily pregnant women, there were loads of them standing. I swan in 5 mins late with my file, hear my name being called by the midwife.
    Go straight in with her, 5 minutes, straight over to bloods, 5 mins and out the door. I was literally in the place max 20 mins in total (including peeing).

I don't know how the hell I did that (I'm not a celebrity by the way :D). It must be because I was going with the midwives unit and all the other women were waiting on doctors/consultants??

Anyway, was only gone out of work 2.5hrs total and if I'm honest that was with a sneaky trip into Guineys on the way back to train station to grab some muslins and scratch mits :pac:.

All fine with baby, apparently he is head down facing out.
    My bump has been very sore & tense all day. I think this may be because I strained my tummy muscles (abs not uterus muscles) the other evening & I'm feeling the pain now. Even the midwife commented that my tummy was very tense and it hurt a bit when she was feeling for baby. I'm absolutely shattered though after all the walking to and from train stations & hospital and back. Must have walked over an hour already today and that's a LOT for me these days, I'm quite sore!

I'm going to bed for 9pm tonight somehow, though I think I have to dye my feckin hair tonight which is always a saga as it's so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Twomums glad to hear everything is alright! You must have got some fright!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    I have eventually got back from A&E, doc also doesn't think it's broken but I've to go back in 10 days if it looks wonky or I have any problems breathing :) fingers crossed I won't be back!

I have plenty of chocolate to keep my spirits up :D
    Great that your ok! I am always slipping, dropping things etc, seemingly it's a symptom of pregnancy?! I crashed my car into the back of a guy a couple of months ago, my first accident in all my years of driving and just today spilled a bottle of Ariel all over the kitchen floor, my oh thinks its hilarious ;)

Just noticed one born is on rte2 at the moment for the fans on here :) not sure what season it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ladies Boots will have 3 for 2 for baby products over weekend

Saurelin wrote: »
    Ladies Boots will have 3 for 2 for baby products over weekend

Argos have a bit of a sale on too. They have a Motorola digital video monitor for €50. It's half price, my sis said she wld get it for us if I want it. The reviews are mixed so don't know what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Had a project presentation today, went well about from a few things to fix so delighted with that.
    Nine months is on, could watch that a million times and still ball after.

Oh I have a nice black eye today :eek: It's funny staring at your own nose going is that what it was like before :) still a little swollen I think!

Oh I have a nice black eye today :eek: It's funny staring at your own nose going is that what it was like before :) still a little swollen I think!

Oh no, are you using arnica or anything to help with the bruising? Hope the bruising is gone by the big day

We have some in but can't find it at the moment so might have to pick up a new tube today. It's right in my eye though so will prob be only able to apply to the lower part.
    It should be well eased off in 7 days fingers crossed :)
    I'll not be up to much today as I'm stiff as a board! My arms, shoulders & legs are letting me know they held up my far from skinny body the other night so moving is comical :)

Twomums you'll definitely be perfect before 7 days is up, rest yourself!

OH got me a big chocolate cake in the shape of a hedgehog (don't know why that animal particuarly) last night as I'll be gone for my bday tomorrow. He's an aul flower!

So looking forward to going over to my sis in UK tonight and getting some rest for the next 4 days, so tired!

OH was saying I should get one of those guys with the little carts who bring elderlies around the airport. I don't know, a) I'd feel very silly b) you probably have to pay through the nose. Not looking forward to the long hike to the ryanair plane!

Mink if I end up perfect I'll be delighted - I wasn't perfect before :D

Enjoy both your birthday & your time with your sis!

If you do manage to find out about those little carts can you let me know. My partners mum has low mobility so might need to get her one for next week. My mam used to work at airport & wasn't sure if they were gone now...trying to look into it :) As for you getting one - if you are not looking forward to the trek that kinda says you could do with the assistance...no point rushing or stressing trying to get to the plane if you can zip along on a cart :) I would!

If you do manage to find out about those little carts can you let me know. My partners mum has low mobility so might need to get her one for next week. My mam used to work at airport & wasn't sure if they were gone now...trying to look into it :) As for you getting one - if you are not looking forward to the trek that kinda says you could do with the assistance...no point rushing or stressing trying to get to the plane if you can zip along on a cart :) I would!

Well I'm going to airport a bit earlier than usual & I'll have my support belt on so I don't get 10 million braxton hicks.

If I get on a cart I'll have to resist the urget to stick my tongue out at people as I pass them

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Girls thanks for all the reassurance the other day, still feeling funny about it all to be honest, but I think maybe its a lot to do with hormones driving emotions mad too, still though, hope I'll be over it soon! (also, I got upset this morning that my teeth were too tight, whatever that means, I don't think I'm functioning at full mental capacity these days anyway!) Anyone else finding some of the crappy side effects from the first trimester sneaking back in? My superpower strength sense of smell is back, along with my general lack of appetite, nausea and the crankiness out of me is unreal! I don't want the first trimester back!!!

Twomums, I hope your poor face is better for next week, but if its not it will make for some story looking back over the photos of the day in the years to come though, eh...shotgun wedding to the extreme?!And at least ye still have next year to make up for it :) My own parents got married (for the first time, don't ask!) in a registry office in Galway last weekend, myself and OH were the witnesses. Yes, it caused a bit of confusion with the poor registrar with the state of me and the general assumptions that would bring, feck it just play it up (yes, we brought a really fakey plastic shotgun for the pictures! :D )

So with all ye'r talk of home made knitted things, I got out my needles and some multicoloured wool that's so soft it's probably made of clouds...making a little blankie for the baby, its not particularly not-girlie, but I actually don't care. Like baby will care less either :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I think those cart things are free, but maybe it depends on the airport.

I had a stopover in Delhi last August, and I was after getting really bad sunburn on my feet, which had caused my ankles to swell to titanic proportions with gigantic blisters - not pleasant at all! I was hobbling along and the little cart dude came over to me, asked me what gate, and told me to hop on up. I felt like a right nonce, but it saved me a load of time and a lot of discomfort. I, of course, hammed up the hobbling once I got off :p

There's definitely no harm in asking :)

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »
    Well I'm going to airport a bit earlier than usual & I'll have my support belt on so I don't get 10 million braxton hicks.

If I get on a cart I'll have to resist the urget to stick my tongue out at people as I pass them

You shld deffo get one of those scootery things. You could charge people for lifts or to carry their bags...you'd make a fortune!
    But seriously, it is a very long walk so maybe check the DAA website and see what the story is with them.

Have a great time with your sis, hope your spoiled for your birthday. Imagine, on your next birthday you have a 9/10 month old baby!
    So with all ye'r talk of home made knitted things, I got out my needles and some multicoloured wool that's so soft it's probably made of clouds...making a little blankie for the baby, its not particularly not-girlie, but I actually don't care. Like baby will care less either :cool:

Ah, you don't have to go all dull colours just because you're having a boy. It's important for boys to get in touch with their feminine side from an early ago too ;)
    I started knitting a little teddy bear for one of my nieces or nephews last September. I had great plans to knit a few of them, as they were quiet simple to make. Just like 20 stitches and 40 rows for the body and smaller for arms and legs...I didn't even get one body made. I look at my knitting bag now, which is just a decoration in the living room and I think I'm going to finish it before the baby arrives...not a hope!

I was in Boots at lunch time, they have a three for two on baby stuff and buy one get one free on Johnson's baby. There wasn't a great selection of stuff left in Portlaoise, I was disappointed was going to pick up maternity pads and breast pads, but they didn't have the ones I wanted left in stock. All the bottles/sterilisers/nappies/wipes and clothes are included. Just not the creams and toilietries.

Have nurses appt this afternoon...can't wait to hear bab's heartbeat again :D Had to persuade OH that he didn't have to come with me :rolleyes: He's so soppy when it comes to the baby, he just wants to be at every appt!

Advertisement