Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    My little one has been nice & settled in one position for weeks now but boy is she wiggling about these last few days! All sorts of lumps & bumps popping out of me today :D

oh welcome to my world!!!
    not getting to sleep early enough with all the wriggling and have been woken at 6am for the last few mornings with it too.
    Have dr. Appointment in the minute. she said 2 weeks ago she could not determine what position baby was lying in..she might be able to today, and hopefully she might be able to tell me if she thinks i will have a big baby or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I had my doc app this morning & she could tell that she was heading for head down but wasn't in any fixed position yet but it was still early for that :) I'm 29+2 weeks!

Blood pressure & pee all good so I'm delighted with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I bought maternity pads in Mothercare and disposable pants too... Boots have them too. Was at a little mini baby fair today and got loads of free samples... even got Wellman vitamins for hubby :D and cds of nursery rhymes and loads of samples for my skin too: I love free things! Oh and a baby towel... I know ye prolly got them at the baby show but I really wasn't expecting all that upstairs in a chemist on a Tues morning in Tralee!!

I also now NEED one of these!

I am now absolutely exhausted and feel like I might puke everywhere so think I'll be in bed for the afternoon.... worth it though!

I can honestly say whatever it was with that program on RTE last night that it absolutely freaked me out. I was just terrified! And for no reason: just silliness I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Haha someone mentioned the girl who was doing alot of shouting on the TV last night then apologised for it afterwards. That will probably be me.

When I broke my ankle after a fall from a horse last year I rolled around on the ground screaming and swearing like a fish wife for about 2 minutes. Then I was grand. I had to apologise to loads of people who kept asking me was I alright.....

That is a pretty decent haul for upstairs in a chemist anywhere & anyday of the week :)

Take it easy for the rest of the day as that was a pretty busy morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Nice one Cyning. you got lots of nice things there!

Dr measured me today, said i am measuring a week ahead...i thought it was more like a month ahead! but anyway. blood pressure still slightly high, so back to her again next week to check that. I have hospital in 3 weeks, so she said they would give me a better idea of what weight baby should be. have to up my iron intake too, as its still low..damn them iron tablets, my poor bowels wont be able to cope. and i figured out that brown bread was the cause of my heart burn, so orange juice all day for me i'd say!

I have to start the nagging to my boss now about getting me cover. He is a last minute kinda guy so i need him to understand that i might go early and i need at least 2 weeks to train someone in..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Anyone got that line from your belly button to your pubic bone yet, Mine has came in this week and is more a squiggle than a line lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    Anyone got that line from your belly button to your pubic bone yet, Mine has came in this week and is more a squiggle than a line lol

Haha...it might straighten as the bump gets bigger!!lol!

I swear this baby is trying to get out through the top of my bump just under my diaphragm. I have to sit back a bit, to make room. Seriously uncomfortable!

kildareash wrote: »

I swear this baby is trying to get out through the top of my bump just under my diaphragm. I have to sit back a bit, to make room. Seriously uncomfortable!

Is she breech?? My baby is in a mad position, head down, arse sticking out at my belly button and legs kicking my right hip bone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've been watching out for that line, no sign yet.

I've been told that the maternity pads that they use in the hospital are the best. They are green. Think I saw them in mothercare or boots.

For knickers I'm going to get a pack of Penneys knickers and chuck them out after, would probably be the same price and more comfortable than the papery disposables.

Has anyone found decent nightdresses? They only had one type in Penneys and they were just rotten. Now in fairness I'll probably get one just for the birth as I don't care what it looks like but I think I'm going to have to wear nightdresses for jammies for the rest of the pregnancy as jammie bottoms are not working out!
    I don't want something fancy, just something that doesn't make me look like I'm in Little House on the Prairie

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »

I've been told that the maternity pads that they use in the hospital are the best. They are green. Think I saw them in mothercare or boots.

For knickers I'm going to get a pack of Penneys knickers and chuck them out after, would probably be the same price and more comfortable than the papery disposables.

Has anyone found decent nightdresses? They only had one type in Penneys and they were just rotten. Now in fairness I'll probably get one just for the birth as I don't care what it looks like but I think I'm going to have to wear nightdresses for jammies for the rest of the pregnancy as jammie bottoms are not working out!
    I don't want something fancy, just something that doesn't make me look like I'm in Little House on the Prairie
    Heatons..

Is she breech?? My baby is in a mad position, head down, arse sticking out at my belly button and legs kicking my right hip bone

It's all over the place! Don't know what position it was in at last scan. But definitely feels like something much bigger and stronger pushing up on me. Tomorrow it cld be side to side...baby likes to keep me guessing!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

My little one has been nice & settled in one position for weeks now but boy is she wiggling about these last few days! All sorts of lumps & bumps popping out of me today :D

Must be something in the air today - mine hasn't stopped all day, he/she is moving up into ribs...

I have a very faint one - more of a shadow, will prob get darker though..
    Mink wrote: »

I just bought a couple of cheap packets of granny knickers in dunnes that I can bin afterwards- poor hubby was horrified - passion killers! have also heard the green maternity pads are the ones to get - think most pharmacies stock them. I got some nice pj's and nighties in pennys in dundrum..

Saurelin - glad you're boss finally got his act together - that's only 6 weeks left in work for u - lucky thing! I'm 10 weeks and counting...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I think everyone is nearly feeling the same push on the right side under the ribs.. I don't know if I can take much more of it if baby gets much bigger!! I'm only a shorty too so not alot of room for moving round lol!!
    Everyone has recommended the disposable pants to me so I bought some and also some granny pants in penneys just in case! I'm meeting a friend who has twins at the weekend and she's bringing me 'baby' shopping so I hope I pick up some knowledge!

The past week the baby has gone unreal moving, she moves probably every ten mins.. and it hurts now!!

Have a group website I have been working on the past 8 weeks in college(i have literally done 90percent of the work)

went on the server today to find one of my group members had updated stuff from 3 weeks ago just because he found a way to add a picture.
    He deleted everything I had done and have been on the computer doing in since 2pm, taking spoardic breaks to cry!!
    Finally finished!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Dunnes have the nightdresses with buttons too: and if I hadn't bought mine already I'd get them there because they are much nicer looking than the ones in penney's or Heatons!! I STILL haven't bought a nursing bra and I would really want to!

I managed a half an hour of sleep earlier: amazing how a half an hour is sleep to me these days...

Baby gone mad moving and kicking me these days: i cannot believe how active she is!!

I bought a few of the nightdresses in Dunnes, they do open down very far. I've three now, is that enough? Must pick myself up a couple of pairs of nice pjs too. I just wear the men's bottoms from Dunnes with old t-shirts to bed usually. Althought at the minute I'm wearing his old t-shirts from when he was 17 stone, they r soooooo comfy and big and baggy!

I have to get a decent bra this wk, have a wedding on sat and dress is quiet low cut. I'm so bad at stuff like that!

I really need to start getting the bits for my own hospital bag. Have baby sorted, just have to get a couple of blankets! My mum has crocheted me a white one...it's so beautiful I can't wait to use it and she's going to make me a multi-coloured one too. She's also made a couple of cardigans and one has a hat and booties to match. She's currently looking for patterns for matinee coats, although I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm hoping it'll be in the manual that comes with baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Girls here is recipe for muffins

Healthy muffins

In one bowl mix:
    1 large egg
    1 tablespoon of oil
    1/2 cup of low fat yogurt (I usually use natural)
    2 tablespoon of low fat milk (sometimes more)

in second bowl mix:
    1 & 1/2 cup of self raising flour
    1/2 teaspoon of baking powder or baking soda
    1/2 cup of brown sugar
    pinch of salt
    pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg

sometimes few drops of vanilla extract or lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together and add:
    1/2 cup of outs (the cheapest from tesco are the best for that)
    3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
    2 tablespoons of cranberries

I sometimes add nuts instead of seeds or add raisins or an apple cut in small chunks.

bake in 180 deg C for approx 25- 35 min (or until golden brown)

usually it makes 12 muffins

and other links to food

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3...almond-muffins

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...ultana-cookies

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7...berry-smoothie

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...berry-muffins-

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...ry-mousse-pots

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...-baked-bananas

i have old night dress for birth, and got a PJ with shorts for after (my legs gets really sweaty if I wear regular bottoms and I get one new night dress but I already started using it - so comfy :D
    I get one in pennys with some animals on it - I don't care how I look :P I'm all about comfort those days

I also have some old panties - I call them period panties :P so I will use them as well.

My boss drives me mad - he keeps asking me am I ok as I look really tired and everyone else inc my doctors said that I look great.
    My hair and nails are better, even my skin is nicer
    (then in 1st trimester)

On actually my MIL told me that I look fat! I get pissed off and I told her that she should then avoid mirror as she has at least 40 pounds more then I do.

Now she is not talking to me :P
    Thanks God :P

I usually like her a lot but recently she drives me mad - she know better then I do how I feel, what I should eat, what will help with heartburn wrrr

Anyway only 29 working days ahead me (ex all weekends, BH, already booked days off, etc)

My mum has crocheted me a white one...it's so beautiful I can't wait to use it and she's going to make me a multi-coloured one too. She's also made a couple of cardigans and one has a hat and booties to match. She's currently looking for patterns for matinee coats, although I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm hoping it'll be in the manual that comes with baby!

Kildareash pass those links to you mum
    maybe they will help her to find what she is looking for :)

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/category.php?id=3&word=empty&tword=0&page=3&sort=datedesc

http://www.straw.com/cpy/free_patterns.html

I bought a few of the nightdresses in Dunnes, they do open down very far. I've three now, is that enough? Must pick myself up a couple of pairs of nice pjs too. I just wear the men's bottoms from Dunnes with old t-shirts to bed usually. Althought at the minute I'm wearing his old t-shirts from when he was 17 stone, they r soooooo comfy and big and baggy!

I have to get a decent bra this wk, have a wedding on sat and dress is quiet low cut. I'm so bad at stuff like that!

I really need to start getting the bits for my own hospital bag. Have baby sorted, just have to get a couple of blankets! My mum has crocheted me a white one...it's so beautiful I can't wait to use it and she's going to make me a multi-coloured one too. She's also made a couple of cardigans and one has a hat and booties to match. She's currently looking for patterns for matinee coats, although I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm hoping it'll be in the manual that comes with baby!

Aww KildareAsh, what I wouldn't give to have all your Mammy's knitted lovelies, I'm obsessed.

My nanny used to make them for every new baby in the family. She sadly passed away last year and knitted things remind me of her ever since.
    I lived with her for a big chunk of my life so it sucks thatt Zoe won't meet her and taste her nommy nanny gravy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Saurelin you made me laugh really loudly with that comment about your MIL!!! :D

I bought cheap nicks in penneys and got a pennys night dress. I've loads of pj's already that I can bring in with me.

I was looking at their baby stuff though and looking for sleep suits. All pink or blue no neutral colours in the right size.
    Need to get nursing bras and breast pads and maternity pads and then I think I am right for the hospital! Oh just need to get more babygros.

Well I've had an eventful evening!

I slipped outside (no more uggs for me!)...hit the ground with my knees, hands & nose :eek: I didn't hit my belly but called maternity & they wanted me in just to be sure...so have just been to maternity to get a trace done! Everything is absolutely fine with baby (found out she has moved from head down to breech since this morning), placenta & fluid so all good thankfully :) My consultant was in for another patient so he popped down to check on me & do the scan...he is so lovely!

He doesn't think my nose is broken but I have to pop to my GP tomorrow once swelling has gone down so that she can have another look! I'll have a lovely graze for the wedding next week :rolleyes: but baby is fine & that's what matters :) It just feels bruised when I touch it...anyone know would it hurt if it was broken rather than just feel bruised?

My knee took the brunt of it all :)

It was all a bit of a shock for us both & not sure my partner will want me to move from now on :D but we live & learn!

Don't wear uggs ladies :)

I slipped outside (no more uggs for me!)...hit the ground with my knees, hands & nose :eek: I didn't hit my belly but called maternity & they wanted me in just to be sure...so have just been to maternity to get a trace done! Everything is absolutely fine with baby (found out she has moved from head down to breech since this morning), placenta & fluid so all good thankfully :) My consultant was in for another patient so he popped down to check on me & do the scan...he is so lovely!

He doesn't think my nose is broken but I have to pop to my GP tomorrow once swelling has gone down so that she can have another look! I'll have a lovely graze for the wedding next week :rolleyes: but baby is fine & that's what matters :) It just feels bruised when I touch it...anyone know would it hurt if it was broken rather than just feel bruised?

It was all a bit of a shock for us both & not sure my partner will want me to move from now on :D but we live & learn!

oh my goodness woman thank god your ok!

This new centre of gravity isnt all its cracked up to be!
    Just glad your ok, hope you heal up soon x

Last week in college, my web design mentor guy told me i was a natural and very good at Php, tonight he adds me on Facebook which means he looked up my name in college. My friend thinks he wants to hump the bump as she puts it!

I swear,since i got engaged and pregnant I've never had as much attention from men. Must be my i dont give a Damn look!

2mums I'm glad you are ok.
    I had my nose broken 2 but I was kid then and don't remember details.

Java I know the feeling since I get married (6,5years ago) I notice increase in men attention.
    they are wierd.

have a good day ladies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Ouch! So glad that the little one is ok - I hope you are feeling better this morning!

A broken nose has a very audible crack noise, and generally looks very crooked. I've not broken mine, but have had quite a few friends that have at one point or another (ususally doing something daft) and they have all commented on the break noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

2mums - hope you're ok! Get plenty of rest (and a good tube of concealer for the wedding photos!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Saurelin wrote: »
    On actually my MIL told me that I look fat! I get pissed off and I told her that she should then avoid mirror as she has at least 40 pounds more then I do.

Now she is not talking to me :P
    Thanks God :P

Oh that's brilliant, fair play, she deserved it

I slipped outside (no more uggs for me!)...hit the ground with my knees, hands & nose :eek: I didn't hit my belly but called maternity & they wanted me in just to be sure...so have just been to maternity to get a trace done! Everything is absolutely fine with baby :)

Jeepers glad you & baby are fine. I better watch my step as I'm very clumsy. I fell down 3 different stairs 3 times in 6 months before I got pregnant!
    My friend thinks he wants to hump the bump as she puts it!

I swear,since i got engaged and pregnant I've never had as much attention from men. Must be my i dont give a Damn look!

Haha, hump the bump. I get absolutely zero attention :( I tell you, after baby comes & dust settles and lose a bit of baby weight, the high heels are coming out and I'm going to glam myself up for at least one evening out! (Not to pick up men, just for the kicks!)

Heading into hospital today for check up with midwives. Wouldn't have needed to as have my own midwife but I have to get bloods done and get the anti-d injection cos of my RH negative blood type and can't get this outside of the hospital. Fun, a shot in the bum!

Thanks all :)
    Feeling a little sorry for myself & my knees, nose & hands are all sore but I'll survive :D

There was no audible crack so fingers crossed its just bruised...its not really even bruised just feels that way!

You could say I was being daft too :D the dog gets a treat for peeing etc outside (puppy training hangover) but she's a minx so sometimes pretends she has done something just to get a treat :D so I was checking up on her! Think I'll just trust her next time :D

Saurelin wrote: »
    Kildareash pass those links to you mum
    maybe they will help her to find what she is looking for :)

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/category.php?id=3&word=empty&tword=0&page=3&sort=datedesc

http://www.straw.com/cpy/free_patterns.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks a mill, will have a look at them now.
    Aww KildareAsh, what I wouldn't give to have all your Mammy's knitted lovelies, I'm obsessed.

My nanny used to make them for every new baby in the family. She sadly passed away last year and knitted things remind me of her ever since.
    I lived with her for a big chunk of my life so it sucks thatt Zoe won't meet her and taste her nommy nanny gravy!

Sorry to hear that Java. My mum is same as your nanny, she has knitted cardis and jumpers for everyone. Herself and her friend used to earn an extra few bob knitting aran jumpers donkey's years ago. I always had lovely aran jumpers every winter whether I liked it or not!

Thanks all :)
    Feeling a little sorry for myself & my knees, nose & hands are all sore but I'll survive :D

There was no audible crack so fingers crossed its just bruised...its not really even bruised just feels that way!

You could say I was being daft too :D the dog gets a treat for peeing etc outside (puppy training hangover) but she's a minx so sometimes pretends she has done something just to get a treat :D so I was checking up on her! Think I'll just trust her next time :D

Thank god you and baby are ok. Must have been some fright! Maybe just give the dog her treats for the next few weeks, at least until your centre of gravity has returned to some form of normality! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Twomums - hope you're feeling better today, you must of gotton such a fright - arnica cream is great for bringing down bruising - might be worth trying out b4 your big day...

Javagal: the same re male attention - not so much since getting preggers but def since getting married - it's hilarious! even had one guy tell me that me having a husband was a pity not a problem!!

Tinkerbell: congratulations - delighted you're still in the pink!

Mink: hope check up goes well today...

off work today so heading over to new house to get it cleaned up b4 we start moving in - very excited :)

Advertisement