Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Kiwi are you going to limerick or Galway maternity?

Going to Limerick as I work down there as just easier. how about u?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kildareash - they are getting there now :) its not too much to organise as its just the legal part with family, a couple of friends & all out together for dinner & drinks afterwards.
    The proper shindig will be next year with a blessing to mark our year anniversary :) so this year is more a family gathering more than a wedding as such :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

My emotions are all over the place. I`m bloody arguing wit everybody, they`re all annoying me just by breathing I want to kill everyone!

Kiwi - yep limerick for convenience :) are you doing antenatal in Ennis...we might cross paths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

theg81der wrote: »
    My emotions are all over the place. I`m bloody arguing wit everybody, they`re all annoying me just by breathing I want to kill everyone!

Me too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

From Cavan,and still here
    Scan is Sunday,nervous as hell

good luck im sure babyscan wer right fingers crossed 4 u... Either way as long as babs is healthy but a girl will b a bonus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Kiwi - yep limerick for convenience :) are you doing antenatal in Ennis...we might cross paths :)

Actually doing a private one day job in may in limerick for antenatal classes. Just easier for OH and myself to do it all in one day and my health insurance covers the cost which is 170e.:D

Saves having to committ to several evenings as both our work hours can be a bit changeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I am rewatching true blood atm..the81 if Alcide the werewolf doesn't cheer you up, nothing will

cddbfa382bf152d9ba0e54548c6c88a6.jpg

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Actually doing a private one day job in may in limerick for antenatal classes. Just easier for OH and myself to do it all in one day and my health insurance covers the cost which is 170e.:D

Saves having to committ to several evenings as both our work hours can be a bit changeable.

That's a good idea :) we have been to one already & have 4 more in may/june so I can imagine a single day is far more convenient! I expect to be bored senseless at them to be honest :) certainly if the first one was anything to go by!

Me too...

Doing a really tough HDip 2 people dropped out last week and this week. Not sure I can hack it and I`m exhausted trying. My friends staying in my spare room (since xmas) and my sis is on de couch bed down stairs (two bed house).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

You know antenatal classes are really properly boring: but hubbie now understands why I do not want an epidural if at all possible so some good came from it :p

I had my second one on Wed evening and I thought it would never end: have another one next Wed so 3 2 hour ones. I wish I'd paid to do a one day one now though!

The81gder: you are doing really well with all that in the house with you. Somedays my hubbie is too much: and he's out at work all day :D I hope the hdip gets a bit easier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Wishing I had just signed up for a one day class to. In Portlaoise there r two classes with physio and two with midwives. The first class was a waste of time, wish I cld just do the midwives classes on their own.

The nurse that seen me in the hospital last week said I wld be time enough doing them in July! The second class would have been the week of my due date. I thought it was cutting it fine so I'm taking them in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I have this same. I almost bite off my bosses head yesterday.
    he was asking me constantly am I ok as I look tired, and I was happy with my look when I left home.

re nursing brass I get mines in debenhams on sale 2 for 12e.
    they are really comfy and I'm planning to get more.

I miss friends as well. and Hubby is my BF. but i will be nice to have someone else to talk to

i'm living in dublin btw. so if any of you girls will be in area and have some spare time :-D mayby we can grab something to eat :-)

Tinkerbell - good luck for your scan tomorrow! I can imagine the turmoil the confusion has caused you esp saying it was a girl first when I'm sure you would love to add a little girl to your family :)
    Fingers crossed this scan will be conclusive one way or the other & if it is a boy he is as proud to show off his wears as Minks little lad was so that there is no doubt from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Thanks twomums, I'm nervous but I need to know lol

I would be the same...if they swapped the gender on me I would be...well which is it? and that's without already having 4 boys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

javagal wrote: »
    Boardsdeals have you at the moment for a place in clare, looks fab and has pool..

http://www.fallshotel.ie/accommodation.html
    Thats the hotel,
    Think it's 99e for 2 nights on boards

Lovely hotel - took my mum for a girlie day at the health spa there recently and it's lovely and it's only 5 mins from Lahinch for lovely beach walks!

Loving seeing the bumps again - ye all look great, will take one later - feel like I've had a serious growth spurt in the last week - had to finally cave in and buy the next size up in my work maternity trousers :rolleyes:
    Met with consultant yesterday - had little scan and baby looks great, a bit hyper - kept kicking the scanner and moving about while she was trying to take measurements - think we have a little imp of mischief on our hands already!

I think pregnancy can be a very lonely time, I'm from Clare but have lived in Dublin for the last four years, it's definately much harder to make new friends as you get older.. my prob is that all my close friends and family are all in clare, limerick and galway and i work a lot of weekends so rarely get home... have a sister I'm v close to but she lives in asia :( Saurlin would def be interested in meeting up, is anyone else in the dublin area interested??

Collected keys for new house yesterday - can't wait to get moved in - let the nesting begin :)

Tinkerbell best of luck with scan - will be thinking of u..

Hope u all have a lovely weekend
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Third Clare lass here - oooh, play date possibilities! :)
    I'm originally from England, but have been here since I was 7.
    Still can't make head or tail of hurling though ;)

I'm doing my antenatal classes in Limerick, and if the first one was anything to go by, they could be pretty dull!

Theg8, keep at it, it will all be worth it in the end. And hey, if you need to take some time out, I'm sure that can be arranged - most courses are pretty flexible.

I hear you about the snapping everyone's head off, I was definitely like that a few days ago. But after two nights good sleep in a row (10 hours last night! That's a personal best!) I am all sunshine and lollipops.

Yesterday, hubby and I took the dogs down to a nearby lake to tire them out, and despite my hubby managing to lock us out of the car by leaving his keys in the boot, and then managing to get me smacked in the face with a stick, all I could do was laugh. If it had happened two days prior, i think I would have made my own lake by crying non-stop for 4 hours :)

Best of luck with the scan tomorrow Tink!

Ooh best of luck with the scan tomorrow tinkerbell, regardless of sex a healthy baby is all ya want!

I.d love to organise some kinda meet up with yas. It would feel odd having the baby and not having you all to talk to. I know we have the newborn thread, but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

I hear ye about the friends thing, although I've found where some have really let me down who I expected more from, other have really stepped up and been brilliant, who I wouldn't have thought would have any interest at all!
    In Limerick, Id say a few of us might cross paths in the maternity there in July, I apologise in advance, I'm totally on the biting peoples heads off buzz at the moment too! not liking the third trimester at all!
    Private scan booked for Monday evening, can't wait!

• Advertisement

Up since 4:10am. There was a raid on my neighbours house (anyone wana house swap)
    Yep all I want is a healthy baby but in my head and since I was told it was a girl,it's given me so much to look forward to,and dh was so excited to finally be getting a daughter that I'm going to feel like I've really let him down I think.but once I know one way or another I can deal with it and get my head round it.
    I'll post a pic of bump next sat after ds's communion when I look half decient.

Up since 4:10am. There was a raid on my neighbours house (anyone wana house swap)
    Yep all I want is a healthy baby but in my head and since I was told it was a girl,it's given me so much to look forward to,and dh was so excited to finally be getting a daughter that I'm going to feel like I've really let him down I think.but once I know one way or another I can deal with it and get my head round it.

Please dont feel you let your husband down if its a boy. He provides the gender gene ;-)

I am really struggling wit my emotions girls. Are the rest of you the same? Starting to get really nervous about the birth and the baby, its gonna be such a big change - I feel like a terrible person.....fighting with everyone, doubting my choices...

I am really struggling wit my emotions girls. Are the rest of you the same? Starting to get really nervous about the birth and the baby, its gonna be such a big change - I feel like a terrible person.....fighting with everyone, doubting my choices...
    I posted about this last week cause i felt the same, watch somethin sad, have a cry,eat some chocolate and you'll feel better.

The change is scaring the Jesus out of me and dont even get me started on the birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I think everyones emotions will be all over the place in the last couple of months.. I was grand till this week, now feeling a bit down and didn't move from the couch all last night, although this was also due to a pain in my right bum cheek!!... I was living in Lucan but moved to Swords a couple of months ago.. Just seen an ad on tv for a maternity show starting on Rte on Monday night, should be good ;)

javagal wrote: »

Please dont feel you let your husband down if its a boy. He provides the gender gene ;-)

I know java but I've had a few miscarraiges too and now it's sort of going through my head that maybe he can produce them,I just can't carry them!!!! Ah I duno,I'll know tomorrow :(

Tinkerbell honestly don't be getting your head in a stress about that kinda stuff. The gender of a child has to do with all sorts of things from what i have read...the sperm, how acidic your cervical mucus is, when you had sex in relation to when you ovulated yah dah dah dah and I don't believe there is any reason why you would miscarry one gender over the other either.

Of course you both got excited about the prospect of a little girl joining the family and the confusion has mucked with your emotions but it's not your fault on any level & your baby may well still be a girl after all :)

Kash wrote: »
    Third Clare lass here - oooh, play date possibilities! :)
    I'm originally from England, but have been here since I was 7.
    Still can't make head or tail of hurling though ;)

I'm doing my antenatal classes in Limerick, and if the first one was anything to go by, they could be pretty dull!

Yesterday, hubby and I took the dogs down to a nearby lake to tire them out, and despite my hubby managing to lock us out of the car by leaving his keys in the boot, and then managing to get me smacked in the face with a stick, all I could do was laugh. If it had happened two days prior, i think I would have made my own lake by crying non-stop for 4 hours :)

Kash my partner (also from England) would totally agree on the hurling. She is a rugby league girl (and has since converted me)!

I'm glad you got the two good nights sleep before getting smacked in the head with a stick :) sounds like you were able to look on the bright side of the days events!

I'm doing the classes in Ennis as the times suited us better but I'm not looking forward to sitting in uncomfortable chairs for hours bored stiff...shouldn't they provide lazy boys for such occasions :D

Play dates sounds like a great possibility or even attending the same mother & baby yokes :)

NyquistFreak I'm sure some of us will cross paths in limerick maternity at the rate we are going :)

• Advertisement

I am getting a little nervous about the birth but it's normal to feel that way according to my what to expect book :)
    I feel more in turmoil since consultant mentioned possibly having to look at alternative deliveries depending on how she grows. I have no problem with a c section if needed...but I was focussing on the fact that I would have to deliver this baby & getting my head around that & now I don't know if that will be the case or not so my head is confused :) will see what the consultant says in three weeks...might even mention it to my doc next week :)

Advertisement