Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Javagal it can be hard...most of our friends live miles away or in other countries! We have moved around over the years & it's harder to make new friends as you get older :) it must have hurt to not be invited out & was probably down to thoughtlessness than anything else :rolleyes:

My partner is absolutely my best friend :) & Kash we sound very like you & your other half :) I think we might live in roughly the same area :)

I think mother & baby classes are advertised locally...they also have musical classes for babies & the likes. I want to get involved in such things also but have the added issue of explaining to other mums that my little girl has two mums :) just something I have to get used too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Quick question girls. Need to get 2 mattresses. One for crib one for Moses basket..anyone know where the best deals are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

silly wrote: »
    Quick question girls. Need to get 2 mattresses. One for crib one for Moses basket..anyone know where the best deals are?
    got both mine in argos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I have just signed up for the parish newsletter! No mother and baby activities that I could see, but plenty of masses and even a bake sale :)

Hubby is talking babies with everyone he meets, so work colleagues of his are bringing him in a pile of baby clothes, a high chair, travel cot and pram - plus a bunch of other small bits and bobs. He's over the moon with himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Sure at least you know what time mass is at and where the bake sale is!

Never thought of checking Argos for mattresses, I was just going to order it from the m&p website. Must compare the prices.

Gosh, it only seems like yesterday we were comparing waiting times for first scans in the different hospitals. Now we're talking mattresses and hospital bags!eek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I know, it's pretty mental how fast the last few weeks have gone.

I have to say, I was dreading the third trimester, especially as I was getting next to no sleep with the pain in my hips recently - and being a right moody b1tch because of it! I had visions of being like that for the next 11 weeks!

But yesterday I slept like a log, and only got up once to pee - so I feel fabulous today :)

I'm not overly in love with the third trimester. The thoughts that this back pain is only going to get worse is making me dread the next couple of months.
    I'm hoping to be able to go back to work next week and even just keep going for another three or four weeks and then take a few days sick leave if I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I got mine in guineys, found that they were the best price at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Third trimester sucks!!

Seen as ye were posting your bump pics yesterday, I decided to take one this morn.

28+6...79days to go! (Fingers crossed it's around that anyway!)

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    Seen as ye were posting your bump pics yesterday, I decided to take one this morn.

you look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I got mine for the cot in Smyths Toys. It was a hypo allergenic one and it was 60euro!

Was in Mothercare and the price of the cellular blankets nearly made me collapse. Someone else mentioned this before so going to order from Guineys online.

What about nursing bras? Anyone know where they can be bought cheaper than Mothercare?

You look great!!

Where are you all from if ya's dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Co.Louth Hey!

The rebel county here!

Thanks girls, I had a bit of extra padding before I got pregnant trying to be conscious that I don't put on loads of weight.

I'm live in Carlow, but obviously as my username suggests I'm from Kildare.

Thanks girls, I had a bit of extra padding before I got pregnant trying to be conscious that I don't put on loads of weight.

I'm live in Carlow, but obviously as my username suggests I'm from Kildare.

I am also from Kildare,living in portlaoise...

From - Dublin
    Living - Clare
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

County Clare too!

Oh 2Mums - my linen trousers from seraphine are on the long side but im just over 5'7 so doesnt bother me.... better than too short!!

Anyone else wrecked tired these days, this entire week by 7.30pm I am like a walking / sleeping zombie!

In fairness I do run around all day 100 miles an hour but Im just so tired!! Not taking iron tablets except for whats in the pregnancy vitamins??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Im from Dublin and still here:D

Yeh Kiwi I'm constantly tired I feel like I look tired to.... 1 of the girls in work told me I looked wrecked!!! I said thanks very much:) I'm not sleeping great though so I presume this is the cause!!!

Anyone else having pressure pains in frount and lower back pain... Im really sore, even waddling:rolleyes: said it to doc at this weeks app and she said it may be pubis disfor (not really sure of pronunciation) but its now in my hips too:(

Hope its true wat they say and i have a really good baby as its giving me enough trouble now:D:D

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    County Clare too!

Oh 2Mums - my linen trousers from seraphine are on the long side but im just over 5'7 so doesnt bother me.... better than too short!!

Now imagine them on me...I'm only 5'4" :D My mam is going to rescue me & turn them up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

From and living in Kerry :D

Notsobusy: Penney's and Heatons do nursing bras sometimes. Other than that there's InHealth, McCabes or ebay have them too :) I really don't want to spend much on them because they might be too big/small afterwards!

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Now imagine them on me...I'm only 5'4" :D My mam is going to rescue me & turn them up :)

They are the best and just about only dressy pants I own that fit at the moment! best money I spent alongside my maternity jeans!:)

javagal wrote: »
    I am also from Kildare,living in portlaoise...

No way...I work in Portlaoise!

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    They are the best and just about only dressy pants I own that fit at the moment! best money I spent alongside my maternity jeans!:)

They are very comfy & a nice fit...best linen trousers I tried on :) I love that big band...it's really cosy! If only they did a short ass length :D

No way...I work in Portlaoise!

Small world!! Prob seen you somewhere before lol!

javagal wrote: »
    Small world!! Prob seen you somewhere before lol!

Isn't is just! Although i always think Kildare is like three different worlds...north kildare, central kildare and south kildare!

How are the wedding plans coming along Twomums? Not long left now...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

From Cavan,and still here
    Scan is Sunday,nervous as hell

• Advertisement

Kiwi are you going to limerick or Galway maternity?

Advertisement