Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thanks to all :) will give a few of those a try & see how I get on! That shop in Galway might be what I need :)
    There used to be a maternity boutique in limerick off cruises street somewhere...anyone know if it's gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Saurelin wrote: »
    TwoMums did you checked Next and M&S?
    I know in Dundrum they had a quite nice collection some time ago

twomums
    was in m&s recently and they have stopped doing maternity wear, next have a small collection but it's pretty casual. there is a shop in town that was recommedned to me can't think of the name of it but will find it and post it later - just off to work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Had great fun at the baby fair yesterday - bought a Graco swing, a Mamas and Papas bassinet and a few cellular blankets for half nothing - I was absolutely delighted.

After such a happy day, I had the worst night of my life, within 5 minutes of going to bed I felt like I had dislocated both hips, couldn't lie on either of them - it still feels like someone is stabbing hot knitting needles into them. I think my mattress is too hard.

Consequently, I got no sleep whatsoever until at about 7am when I made a wedge of pillows under my back and another under my knees and dozed whilst basically sitting up. I am feeling very sorry for myself now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Oh Kash that sounds awful, my hips get very sore after lying on them for any length of time.

OH and I are going to look at travel systems today, no doubt we'll walk away still confused. I think though if we pick something, the mother in law will get it for us over next few weeks.

Midwife came yesterday and all is still normal, my blood pressure is still low 95/60 but it's the low end of normal and it's common for it to go up a bit towards the end of pregnancy. I'll prob still need to go into Rotunda for anti-d injection cos my blood type but no big deal. She could feel head was right down, hope baby stays that way.

Also went to my first pregnancy yoga class and it was great. Could have fallen asleep at the end it was so relaxing. There were a couple poses that I found really relieved my back so I even did them at home last night. Highly recommend even if ye can get to one class, especially if you're a bit stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

kash, hope you feel better!

went shopping for my hospital bits over the weekend i can post everything i have if anyone needs it.

does anyone know how long, if ya have a normal birth , are you expected to stay in hospital on your first? its really bothering me as i hate hospitals!
    i wonder do they have an early release scheme for people who live nearby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

On my 1st I was in for 4 days as I had the placenta manually removed.
    2nd and 3rd got home within 24 hours of having baby's
    4th we stayed for 2 days as his temp had dropped and he had a traumatic delivery.hopeing they won't keep me for long this time

On my 1st I was in for 4 days as I had the placenta manually removed.
    2nd and 3rd got home within 24 hours of having baby's
    4th we stayed for 2 days as his temp had dropped and he had a traumatic delivery.hopeing they won't keep me for long this time

im hoping to be out as soon as possible myself,

tinker bell, do you have 4 boys? did you find out this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

As far as I know 3 days is the time for new borns... But I guess every hospital is different. My mom's friend works in the CUMH ( where I am going) and apparently they are not allowed to bath the babies anymore!!! Like no bathing babies atall! It's to do with those babies who died in the hospital up north, and all to do with hygiene etc. so, babies wil just be cleaned top to toe for the first few days until you get home any then give them their first proper bath.

Just back from the baby fair!! Got rakes of free stuff. But bought that dreami pillow, set of avent bottles with microwave steriliser, a changing mat for on top of dresser, a gro bag, a monitor. And put a deposit on buggy - 2mums2be, you'll be glad to know we went with the uppababy system with the be safe car seat. We haven't picked the colour yet, but I think maybe the silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Yep I've 4 boys.found out at 21 weeks with a gender scan that this is a girl.still has not sunk in yet. No pink got (everything is blue)
    No name.ill believe it when I see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Girls, ye all sound so organised when ye come back from the baby fair!
    Payday tomorrow, so I'm going to start organising myself. I got most of the bits and pieces for baby last month.

Had a great night with OH's cousins last night. He was the one asking me to go to bed in the early hours of the morning. I didn't think I'd enjoy the drunken banter, but I was the one causing most of the mischief! Paying for wearing heels last night tho, my legs and back r in a bad way today. Got loads of compliments from his aunts and stuff so I was feeling really good:)

• Advertisement

ok i'm sorry if i bother anyone with this post , but i am having a panic attack!

was in heatons today buying a night dress and my friend said 'dont get an expensive one cause it'll get covered in blood and stuff"

girls i swear to god I've felt sick with nerves since, how am I meant to do labour, Urgh i could cry!

please tell me i'm not the only one and please can someone tell me ill be ok.

i love my baby but i wanna skip labour and hospital and just have it over with!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Javagal the same was said to me and I nearly lost my mind.. I just keep thinking of my sister.. I ended up in the labour ward with her and although she was in pain, she handled it great and would kill to go through it all again for another baby.. I spent the last couple of months waking up in sweats thinking about the birth but then I thought of her and know if she can handle it so can I..

Silly - I just hope you like it now ;)

Kash - that sounds very painful! If it carries on it might be worth going to see your doc about!

Javagal - remember babies arrived covered in gunk & your placenta has to be delivered so the blood thing is not something to let stress you :) but people can be very insensitive about giving birthing info!

Has anyone found a nice nightdress? I haven't worn a nightdress since I was 12!

Today we had a better shopping day, I got a nice raspberry top in mamas & papas in dundrum (wasn't in Blanch)...have ordered white linen trousers from Seraphine so fingers crossed they will fit & look nice :) I'm sure my bump has expanded since yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Java, I think everybody is in the same boat. Especially those of us who haven't a clue what to expect. I was told the same about the nightie. Nightie used in labour & towels for shower after will most likely be fit to be binned so make sure they're cheap. Also, you need to have disposable undies for the couple of days after or else buy a pack of bigger sizes in penneys or dunnes that you can bin as you wear. It's not nice but millions of women go through labour every single day and it's painful for a couple of days but will be worth it. Don't get me wrong - I'm bricking it but the way I look at it - it's gonna happen no matter what so might as well go in with the attitude that it will be horrible pain but only temporary. Fear might make things worse in that situation so try to be as positive as you can be. Anyway, a lovely baby to look forward to at the end- what better reward for all the pain :)

thanks for the reassurance ladies, i know it'll be worth it but the unknown and being out of control is just plain scary!

i feel better now, earlier i was actually in tears thinking i was a bad mam for thinking all this lol!

my belly has gotten huge two mums, all my tops that fit last week , my belly peeps under now

I know Javagal, I looked at mine in a dressing room mirror today & was like seriously that's huge :)

Has anyone's belly button popped? Mine is getting pretty close! I'm expecting mine to pop as I was an outty but pushed it in as a child as everyone else had an inny :D so it would make sense for it to pop back to its natural position now I'm expending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kash: one of my friends has awful problems with her hips and physio told her to either get one of the donut shaped pillows, or to get a pillow and cut a bit out of it: might be worth a try? She swears by it anyway!

Java Kerry keep you for three days for a normal birth and five for a section on your first baby. I am also terrified about the whole labour gross out bit to be honest: I'm really doing my best not to think about it!

Twomums aside from a few silky yokes I haven't worn a nightdress in yonks either: and god they are ugly! I got mine in Penney's because they have buttons so they're a bit accessible for breastfeeding: and then they are getting binned! Delighted you found something to wear too :)

Spent a large proportion of the day vomiting again today: I swear to god the next 11 weeks will not go fast enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Cyning that's a good idea about the Penny's night dresses. OH said he's going to buy me all the stuff I need for the hospital :D but in return I am driving down to the races on Tuesday and he can drink away with his buddies :D

Such a lovely Daddy to be!!

Quite freaked out about the baby's arrival. I have 10 weeks to go and we are both bricking it. But I think that's normal!!!

My belly has gotten huge in the last 2 weeks!!! And my boobs are much heavier and droopier. My OH put it really nicely and said I was "bagging" up......

In relation to clothes it's hard to find nice things to wear, I was in New Look in Jervis St on Sat and was really disappointed with their tiny rang of maternity clothes. I bought some of their canvas shoes as I am really struggling with shoe laces!!!

javagal wrote: »
    thanks for the reassurance ladies, i know it'll be worth it but the unknown and being out of control is just plain scary!

i feel better now, earlier i was actually in tears thinking i was a bad mam for thinking all this lol!

my belly has gotten huge two mums, all my tops that fit last week , my belly peeps under now

I think we just try not to think of that part, but we all know its going to happen.

I've just bought a few nighties in Dunnes, they were less than €10 each. They're a bit hick, but they'll do...I tried to get the plainest ones I could find with buttons in the front and they do actually open down quiet low. Docs and nurses won't be minding what you're wearing and OH has probably seen me in worse.
    Going to treat myself to a couple of pairs of nice PJ's for the following day or so when people will be visiting. (By treat, I probably mean Penny's or if I'm feeling really generous Dunnes!)

One of the cousins last night was asking OH if he had to shave my legs for me yet...she was like wait till Ash goes into labour...she'll be asking you to tidy up a lot more than her legs! Anyone else going to get a bit of a 'tidy up' down below before 'D' day???
    cyning wrote: »
    Spent a large proportion of the day vomiting again today: I swear to god the next 11 weeks will not go fast enough!!

You poor love. I feel that the last 28weeks have flew by, but you probably feel the exact opposite.
    I really hope for your sake that the next 11 weeks do go by quickly.
    notsobusy wrote: »
    Cyning that's a good idea about the Penny's night dresses. OH said he's going to buy me all the stuff I need for the hospital :D but in return I am driving down to the races on Tuesday and he can drink away with his buddies :D!

So jealous your going racing! A couple of years ago I would have been putting the finishing touches to my outfit! Second year in a row I won't make it. Been going since I was a child, only missed it when I was in college because my exams were the following week. Enjoy!

Heatons have good button down night dresses for like 7quid

Link: http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/Stripe-Sleepshirt/270607/1104020000

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    One of the cousins last night was asking OH if he had to shave my legs for me yet...she was like wait till Ash goes into labour...she'll be asking you to tidy up a lot more than her legs! Anyone else going to get a bit of a 'tidy up' down below before 'D' day???

Hubby shaved my legs for me yesterday, quite happily, and will definitely help me neaten up before the birth. I'm not a very hairy person, so it never gets too bad, but I had a dream where my bikini line had got long enough to put into a pony tail, so I'm obviously aware that it's longer than I'd usually keep it :P
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Has anyone's belly button popped? Mine is getting pretty close! I'm expecting mine to pop as I was an outty but pushed it in as a child as everyone else had an inny :D so it would make sense for it to pop back to its natural position now I'm expending :)

I have a weird issue with my belly button. I hate people touching it or poking it, and am dreading it popping. It is definitely close now, and looks really strange but i'm hoping it will just stay an inny. If it does pop, i'll have to stick it back in with some masking tape :D

Sleep last night was not as bad (as in, I actually got some!) The reclining position worked for half the night, then i made a little pillow fort with a gap, and curled up in it. I think it actually helped that I had to get up 10 times to pee, as i never spent too long in any one position. Cyning - thanks so much for the doughnut pillow recommendation - even the thought that there is something out there to help makes me feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

This has been on my mind and I just couldn`t say it to anyone. I`m mixed race and waxing doesn`t work and if I shave it only lasts a day till I`m stubbly and of course that would be grand if I knew the day and the hour but I don`t. I would not ask hubby to do anything like that. I have no clue what I`m going to do - probably gonna have to go in like a big hairy gorilla!

Kash wrote: »
    Hubby shaved my legs for me yesterday, quite happily, and will definitely help me neaten up before the birth. I'm not a very hairy person, so it never gets too bad, but I had a dream where my bikini line had got long enough to put into a pony tail, so I'm obviously aware that it's longer than I'd usually keep it :P

LOL I thought of this before I got pregnant cause I don't wanna even have to entertain the idea of asking OH to tidy up for me..

I have this razor DSC01852.JPG.jpg

and the bit at the end works at like a hair razor and does the job perfectly, don't even need to see what im doing cause the green thing stops it from touching your skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Awe lads I love how ye're all so considerate of looking nice for the poor doctors! Personally, I was giving it a bit of thought this morning in the shower (have an appointment at the antenatal clinic at 11.30, eek!) and for a finish I just thought to myself, well f*** em like! Seriously, Id speeds them going away thinking wow, what a mess, hair everywhere, her boyfriend must not be too impressed! than: wow, what a mess, she must not be too impressed with her boyfriend...is that infected?! ...also, the thought of having to deal with stitches AND stubble?! no no no, as nature intended for me I think, just see what happens the first person to comment on my grooming, ha!

Kash, I any find it not but there was a great thread here a few months ago with the most ridiculous baby items on it but there was a special tape or cover for belly buttons that pop out to cover them up.

I don't think I could ask my boyfriend to help me neaten up down there in a million years. @theg81der im sure the midwives and doctors have seen pretty much everything and anything at this stage so try not to worry too much. I'd imagine once I'm in full labour, what I look like down there will be my last thought.

First of all,
    i had my daughter when i was 20 yrs old. I honestly dont remember much blood - the only time when blood gets on it, is when the put your newborn on your stomach the minute they come out, and that in itself is the most amaxing thing you will feel, you wont even see the blood - you will look beyond all that and just see your little baby!!
    honestly - all you have to think about is...its a bit of pain. its not going to last FOREVER...you will have the most beautiful little bundle of joy afterwards and any pain you had will be like a distant memory.

I have always said that the pain i went through before i had my appendix taken out was 100 times worse that childbirth.

secondly...I have uber hairyness going on..i didnt think to ask hubby to sort my legs out to be honest, i dont think he would have a problem with him, when we are in bed and if he touches my legs i scream - watch out! they're very hairy!! he said he likes to run his fingers through my locks....eugh!
    I think i will get into the bath and shave them, we have a seat in the bath so i should be able to shave them fine. for the lady garden...i'm not sure how i'll fix that up.maybe i'll get that razor you have Java!

Me and hubby were just about to do the deed last night and he backed out at the last minute...too scared he'd "break the baby" i told him not to be so full of himself..:P but man oh man was i frustrated...(which was strange, its usually the other way around!)

Kash, I any find it not but there was a great thread here a few months ago with the most ridiculous baby items on it but there was a special tape or cover for belly buttons that pop out to cover them up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76780410&postcount=36

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I shave my own legs: albeit not in the shower anymore!! As for down below couldn't care less :D Honestly I've had a few exams down there already and I was so sick or worried I didn't care at all, and as Nyquist said: stubble and stitches :eek:

Kildareash the last 29 weeks definately have not flown for me at all! What is starting to really really freak me out is if my endo is right I'm going to have a baby in the next 6 weeks. 6 weeks. Like honestly: 6 weeks. I really hope he's wrong (so does he!) but..... 6 weeks.

Actually I'm off to look at my hosp bag again. Just in case :p

cyning wrote: »
    Kildareash the last 29 weeks definately have not flown for me at all! What is starting to really really freak me out is if my endo is right I'm going to have a baby in the next 6 weeks. 6 weeks. Like honestly: 6 weeks. I really hope he's wrong (so does he!) but..... 6 weeks.

Actually I'm off to look at my hosp bag again. Just in case :p

:eek::eek::eek:six weeks!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    That's so scary and exciting all at the same time.
    I honestly can't imagine what the last few months must have been like, but hopefully you will be able to put it all to the back of your mind when you hold your little bundle for the first time :)

• Advertisement

Wow cyning - that's both utterly terrifying and amazingly exciting, and that's coming from someone else! I can only imagine how you feel!

Silly, your hubby deserves a slap! I would have been very annoyed if mine changed his mind at the last minute! Not much chance of that though. We're currently having great fun finding positions that actually work - it doesn't help that he's a full foot taller than me. Cue plenty of giggles :)

Advertisement